Show Stuff > The Meta Show

Ideas for New episodes

(1/8) > >>

Josh:
We are constantly looking for ideas to turn into episodes.  For example we have an upcoming episode on “Grit,” an idea from this board. 

Other upcoming topics are:

Sex and Romance in Game
Food and Gaming
Music and Gaming

What are some topics you would like to see?

Peaboo:
The one shot vs. long term campaign. (Or One Night Stand vs. Long Term Relationships.)

Let's face it, in a one shot game players don't have to worry about keeping their characters around or safe. Nor do they have to worry about continuity. For not so random example, the DM has the characters hired to recover an item that will lead to more quests, but the players do the douchebag thing and destroy said item if it's a one shot game. A long term game they might not smash the item to bits.

Then again... I could be wrong about that.

Putting it together:

It's easy to say "Yeah, I like games with combat, but another player likes more roleplaying", so how DOES a DM achieve that balance?

Playing with everything:

A show about using "pure" D&D (Or whatever game), vs using third party supplements and/or using totally unrelated material. (Running Forgotten Realms with Gurps rules.)

Peaboo:
Oh.... On a somewhat related note; a suggestion for the podcast.

It would be a good idea if you had a couple of breaks during the show. Drop in 30 second to 1 minute features every 20 minutes of show. People's attention spans aren't long, and you can get really creative with some "bonus" segments that don't necessarily have to relate to the show. It would be unexpected and fun.

Off the top of my head:
Josh's Douchebag of the week. (Eh, maybe not.)
Pick that Nit. (Yeah, stolen from you guys. But you should do it. A one minute rant about something.)
Game in 60 seconds (One minute review - not discussion, but a review of either an RPG, or board game or video game that you like.)
Fake Commercials (Produce off the wall ads and/or PSAs)

Meg:
Awesome ideas Peaboo.  I LOVE the analogy to one-night stand vs. long term relationship.

And what group would EVER just smash the treasure??  Man, what douchebags!

;)

fantomas:
I understand that you are currently trying out new systems. Something I'd like to hear would be a playtest recording of each of these. Hearing how other people find a game from a play session as opposed to just reading the book give myself (and I suspect others) a greater appreciation of how the game works out of the box and what issues people find when running/playing it.

Plus listening to other peoples gaming sessions is always fun. :) Since I started playing Heroic Cthulhu as a regular I have a very limited amount of games to listen to. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version