Author Topic: Cleradin - wat?  (Read 5000 times)

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
Re: Cleradin - wat?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 06:51:38 AM »
Sword of the Arcane Order uses a Paladin's spell slots to prepare Sorc/Wiz spells. A Cleric that dips Prestige Paladin gets the unique Paladin spells added to his spells known. But wouldn't the slots a Cleric uses to cast still be considered Cleric spells? Even if you count the new slots you gain at level up in PrC Pally that's a pretty limited amount, at best one spell slot per spell level. You'd want to delay taking the level or PrC Pally until level 17 ideally, so would this trick only work for high level builds?

That's extrapolation, though.  It only states that they become available in your paladin slots.  You're paladin slots are your cleric/warmage/base class here slots, and vice versa, meaning those are all fair game.  The only thing off limits is domain slots, but if you picked good domains, that's a moot point anyhow (and you probably didn't bother with cleric in the first place).  The real irony is that I believe we solved the issue with PsyRef.  Play an Initiate of Mystra Warsnake/Sneaksnake/Dreadsnake and then PsyRef out all the duplicates/useless spells.  The beauty is you can revise it as needed, so really you have access to everything.  It's just too bad though that it can't quite match an SCM...though my current project is making a working SCM Warlock (at will shadow miracles...).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Desca

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 07:13:34 PM »
In Forgotten Realms, clerics, druids, paladins and rangers MUST select a deity. I'm pretty sure any divine spellcaster must.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »
In Forgotten Realms, clerics, druids, paladins and rangers MUST select a deity. I'm pretty sure any divine spellcaster must.

Actually, no, they merely have a hard time coming back if they don't.  There are more dead gods to worship there than all other settings combined :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Shologar

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
Actually, in the Campaign Guide it does specifically state that clerics, druids, rangers and paladins MUST worship a deity (and the concept is that in the Realms all divine casters must 'commit') and that the option to worship a 'concept' is not allowed in FR.

If your character is not one of those classes your not required to worship a deity and if you don't then yes, returning from the dead becomes problematic.

Playing a priest of Kelemvor makes for interesting philosophical conversations with the groups 'in game atheist', which is why I am positive on this. So far that atheist has 'died' three times and each time some magic was used to prevent the actual death, with revivify doing it just last night after a failed save to Wail of the Banshee, so she has never had to face the decision of commiting to a deity and coming back or become building material for the Fugue plane.  :lmao
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 12:21:29 PM by Shologar »

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2009, 01:46:02 PM »
@ Topic:
My take on the spellheavy Paladin:
Cloistered Cleric 4/Crusader 1 or Swordsage 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 1/Prestige Paladin 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 2-10/any full Spellprogression 4
(RKV 2-5/any full spellprogression 9 if you used Swordsage and want 9th Level Spells)

Does Sword of the Arcane Order actually qualify you for Jade Phoenix Mage?

Further Idea:
Could one use Druid/Prestige Ranger/Sacred Exorcist/Prestige Paladin to get a Supermount + 9th Level Druid- & Sorc/Wiz-Spells?
I'd also include Prestige Bard via Human Paragon(to get Preform as Classskill) and SotAO(for the required arcane spells), if only it wouldn't mean losing 9th Level Spells.

duncandun

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 02:00:43 PM »
So I'm thinking of making a melee cleric.

i know i want bone knight, and i know i should get ordained champion.

so if starting at level 8:
race:anything really except LA adj. races, prob human?
stats:
18(wis)
16(cha)
14(con)
12(str)
10(int?)
10(dex)

not sure on this allocation.

cler5/oc2/bk1?
or cler5/oc3? that way i have 4ths... hmm.