Author Topic: A POSSIBLE D&D 3.5 PbP: Any takers?  (Read 21392 times)

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
Re: A POSSIBLE D&D 3.5 PbP: Any takers?
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2008, 12:32:21 AM »
I just found this, haven't read up on the Nine Hells yet, but I am totally interested.  If you'll have me, I'm there. 

I'll post up some backstory once I have time to read about the setting, and see what class I'd like to play (probably a caster of some sort, though)
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2008, 06:21:06 AM »
Playing lawful evil is always a tempting thing  :smirk
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »
I'm interested, too.

Lawful evil spellthief with imp familiar needs a home :P
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 07:10:04 AM »
Material allowed: Keep it official WotC stuff, no mags whatsoever, pretty much anything 3.5e goes as does most of unupdated 3.0 material.
Hmm.... this does include Unearthed Arcana with all it variants and Savage Species with its rediculous templates. Sure you want to allow those?

On the roll 4d6, do we have to roll those at invisible castle? I have rolled there a couple of times and never had good ability scores...

Edit: PHB 2 rebuilding also falls within the 3.5 books allowed, and also LA buyoff...

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 07:45:35 AM »
Quote from: aftercrescent
There's a sidebar in Races of Destiny that says if you play in a world with changelings they qualify for both of those
No houserule required then.

Tshern, if we use 4d6 and it comes out to like 22 PB can we use 32 or are we stuck with that choice? Just curious
Let's say I allow rerolling anything less than 25 PB. Use your own nick for rolling and give me a link to it.

Quote from: DetectiveJabsco
I'm 100% in, I need a new PbP.
I will Get together a mock character sheet asap.
No hurry with the sheet, the game won't start before 21st of June. At least that is the tentative plan, I might have a little vacation next week, which would give me some time...

Quote from: AlisAtAn
Those PDF`s dont wanna come to my computer. I get "file can not be read, please try again later" from Firefox.

I want to do a Archivist ---> Malconvoker if we go with Merchants in Dis. Makes for great fluff and I always wanted to try one.
I know, the Gates of Hell are a bit problematic. Try clicking one of the links and then wait until it has loaded the entirety of that chapter before clicking anything again, switching windows or anything. That ought to work.

Quote from: Smudgyhandsman
I'll express my interest, though I won't be able to focus too much on making my character now. Finals week is coming up, and I'm being crushed with homework, so my schedule is pretty tight. But since it's starting after June 21st, that makes things a lot easier for me.  As for a character, I haven't played a BSF in awhile, so I was thinking of a Paladin of Tyranny/Hexblade/Pious Templar, or at least something along those lines.

If need be, I'll give up my slot to anyone who isn't in a PbP already, because I'm already playing one. Everyone should get a chance, it's fun!
Cool beans, good luck with your RL!

Quote from: Straw_Man
Would you like build Tshern, or should we wait till we know who's in?
No need to submit anything, but if you have something in your mind and want to build it I can review it.

Quote from: Irthos Levethix
I just found this, haven't read up on the Nine Hells yet, but I am totally interested.  If you'll have me, I'm there.

I'll post up some backstory once I have time to read about the setting, and see what class I'd like to play (probably a caster of some sort, though)
The Gates of Hell is good for this. I suggest reading up to Dispater's entry in chapter 9 and if possible, description of Dis in Fiendish Codex II.

Quote from: Ieniemienie
Playing lawful evil is always a tempting thing 
Oh yes. Nine Hells > Abyss.

Hmm.... this does include Unearthed Arcana with all it variants and Savage Species with its rediculous templates. Sure you want to allow those?
As per gentlemen's contract, I don't want to be seeing infinite tentacle attacks or anything. Use 3.5 whenever possible and simplicity in character is always a plus, even though I don't require you to reduce your effectiveness by decreasing the amount of sources excessively.

On the roll 4d6, do we have to roll those at invisible castle? I have rolled there a couple of times and never had good ability scores...
Not necessarily, but that is preferable. Remember that you can also pick 32 PB.

Edit: PHB 2 rebuilding also falls within the 3.5 books allowed, and also LA buyoff...
Feat retraining allowed, no level rebuilding. I haven't read how LA buyoff works, so I'd prefer people abstaining from it, but I am not banning it per se.

Quote from: Dictum Mortuum
I'm interested, too.

Lawful evil spellthief with imp familiar needs a home
A Spellthief? I am yet to see one in action, sounds like great fun.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »
Questions:
Reflavored Church Inquisitor to Devilish Inquisitor?
Bone Knight is okay?
Are there any PrC in the GoH? And if so, which chapter, so I can research my ideas.
Is Mephistophles the archdevil in charge of seige warfare? I remember reading something in one of the Fiendish Codexes about his creation of living seige engines...
I love LE games. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 07:58:51 AM »
Prestige classes of the Perdition are in chapter 3.

Church Inquisitor is okay. Dispater's fluff actually says a few times that he is very closely associated to Inquisition domain...

Bone knight cool.

Nope, Bael is the one responsible for that. Mephistopheles is the Lord of the Eight, responsible for general pwnage.

Everyone: I am considering giving everyone a free feat I consider to go well with their fluff. A feat generally considered weak, but still something that suits the flavour. When I have chosen the players (probably rolling tonight, too bad for anyone who missed this. You can still join though!) you can start giving my suggestions.

Edit: Also, web enhancements are in and if I find a way to reach them, Untapped potential, Hyperconsciousness and Frank's and K' works ought to be fine as well. The problem is, as of now I have no access to them, but you can send a PM of whatever you want.

Edit2: Reflavoured classes from WotC are generally okay, but need to be clarified and linked with/to me first.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 08:01:56 AM by Tshern »

Handy Links

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 08:04:57 AM »
Quick link to Level Adjustment buyoff on D20SRD
"Once the total of a character's class levels (not including any Hit Dice from his creature type or his level adjustment) reaches three times his level adjustment, his level adjustment is eligible to be decreased by 1.

For instance, a gnoll's level adjustment is +1. When a gnoll character gains his third class level (remember, the gnoll's 2 starting Hit Dice don't count), he can pay an XP cost to reduce his level adjustment to +0.

If the level adjustment is greater than +1, this process repeats until the creature's level adjustment reaches +0. Each time, use the creature's current level adjustment to determine the point at which the level adjustment can go down by 1. For example, a drow (level adjustment +2) may drop to level adjustment +1 after gaining her sixth class level, and then to +0 after gaining an additional three class levels."

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 08:20:20 AM »
It sounds like a fun idea and I do have some spare time available for at least the next couple of months, so consider me interested for camp Lawful Evil as well :)

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2008, 08:33:36 AM »
It seems that lawful evil is the new black, so I think that is the way we are rolling.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »
Remember you have 2 points to add to any one stat and another 3 from the level ups.

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »
Duly noted. And if I am selected, I'll let the party decide if we need a Lockric or a Clarcher and use those 5 points appropriately :D

I'm dying to see a Bone Knight in action besides just the occasional duel :D (I was almost tempted by the Cardinal of Asmodeus PrC by the way, but it's too expensive  :weep
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 08:41:24 AM »
With you DMing, Tshern, I am definitely up for it!

My character will be a dark-knight-type working for Lixer, riding a dragon.

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »
Duly noted. And if I am selected, I'll let the party decide if we need a Lockric or a Clarcher and use those 5 points appropriately :D
You need what?

I'm dying to see a Bone Knight in action besides just the occasional duel :D (I was almost tempted by the Cardinal of Asmodeus PrC by the way, but it's too expensive  :weep
Pun intended?

Quote from: M_S

My character will be a dark-knight-type working for Lixer, riding a dragon
Fo shizzle.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 08:46:14 AM »
Assuming I do end up getting picked I think I'm leaning towards either a beatstick role (either 'DPS' or 'Tank') or a general arcane caster role. I haven't actually played that last role in a game yet though, the only experience I've had with it is with some thought exercises and throwing 'GOD' NPC's at my party :P

As far as my level of opt-fu goes, it depends on the game I'm in. I usually hover at level 3, maybe some aspects of level 4, but very little if any at all and only in real CO games (using the 'what's your level of co?-system' that's been posted on these boards before). I try to avoid overkill and limit myself to what is needed to survive.

As for the gentleman's agreement, I think it's a great idea, I just have a quick question about it though. If I do end up using something cheesy, will the equally cheesy opposed actions be directed only at me or at the party as a whole?

~Bowen
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »

My character will be a dark-knight-type working for Lixer, riding a dragon.
Reflavored Zhentarim Skymage much?

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2008, 08:50:11 AM »
Edited for English: If selected, I'll let the party decide if we need a Lockdown-Cleric or a Cleric-Archer.

And yes, pun drastically intended ;) Glad to see you're on top of your game
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Llochlyn

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »
Here here !

Meatwall (Aka Crusader) or Annoyer (aka Wizard) are in my wishlist for now. As for the background, I see people leaning towards sweet evulness, I'll go with the flow and be a bad dude if I play :p

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
Reflavored Zhentarim Skymage much?
K's and Frank's stuff actually, even if a little reworked from that.

As for the gentleman's agreement, I think it's a great idea, I just have a quick question about it though. If I do end up using something cheesy, will the equally cheesy opposed actions be directed only at me or at the party as a whole?
Depends on the level of cheesiness. If you use Abyssal rretraining those nasty Balors will be coming for the entire party.

Quote from: aftercrescent
Edited for English: If selected, I'll let the party decide if we need a Lockdown-Cleric or a Cleric-Archer.

And yes, pun drastically intended Glad to see you're on top of your game
Emphasize mine.

Anyway, I am probably upping the player limit. Six victims are getting in.

Handy Links