Author Topic: Shadowrun??  (Read 26482 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Shadowrun??
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2009, 11:11:42 AM »
We forgive you, pretty much.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »
I sent a PM. My guy is actually almost done, so I'm excited. I'll send him to you again.

I have 1 point of spare Karma. I could get 4000 nuyen, a level 1 contact, a skill at rank 1, or numerous other things, but not a spell point (I've got 50). So, what would you guys recommend?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:02:41 AM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2009, 03:45:46 AM »
I've been kind of busy this past week, but I've been plugging away at my character. I'm close to done too, mostly trying to figure out what a good amount of edges/flaws to have are, then finish gear, and spell selection. I'm pretty close to figuring out just who my character is! :D

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2009, 04:06:53 AM »
I've decided to go for 4000 nuyen and slide thermal dampening 3 onto my greatcoat. Took a while for me to decide though.

As an aside, I love the lifestyle calculator. It makes sense that a Shadowrunner would rent an apartment with high security, even in a low apartment, correct? (I ended up with something like Comforts med., Entertainment squ., Furnishings squ., Security med. and Space med., all packaged into a med. apartment.)

As an aside, I've changed my flaw from minor complusive (minor OCD) to minor complusive (Alchoholic). Is that fine with you, Kari?

EDIT: Do we have a rigger? We seem to have a lot of magic, and I'll play my dwarf mage, but I'm willing to go for a different character  if no one else is filling the niche. (so I can experiment with Bioware and Cyberware, mostly)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 08:22:21 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Kari

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »
I'm sorry, folks, but due to some things, I'm leaving this forum. Permanently.

If you still want to play, however, I'm willing to run the game, but it will need to be on another site. I recommend RPoL. I have an account (and a game that I'm running) there already, and will gladly welcome any of you who are willing to come over and play there.

I am sorry about this, but I'm afraid I simply cannot stay on this forum any longer.

Any of you who want to come play there can find the game (which I literally just created, so there's no threads yet) here: http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=39204  You'll have to sign up for an account, then hit the 'Request to Join' link. Just let me know who you are here, and I'll get you in.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2009, 09:31:30 PM »
Hmm, apparently I already have an account over there (who knows what I made it for), so I'm sticking with this.  If it's any consolation Kari, if your decision is based off of the thread I think it is than I'm on your side of the shitstorm that turned into.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »
I didn't follow that thread, and I don't intend to, as it's easy enough for me to just stay in the actual gaming threads. However, I've already devoted a lot of time into learning some of the rules and to creating this character, and it would be a shame to lose that. I'll create an account over there for the game.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »
I'm following on the game. I don't know why you feel you must leave Kari, but my heart goes out to you nonetheless.  :(

EDIT: Account created. Feel free to add me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 12:32:56 PM by Kuroimaken »
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:07 AM »
j0lt, JaronK, are you guys going to follow the game to rpol or are you dropping out?
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2009, 08:23:13 AM »
Nah, think I'll sit this one out too.  Was unable to get any books and it'd be too hard to figure out what's going on without reading the rules.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
Nah, think I'll sit this one out too.  Was unable to get any books and it'd be too hard to figure out what's going on without reading the rules.

To be fair, it seems almost as hard to figure things out even after reading the rules.  :P

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

To be fair, it seems almost as hard to figure things out even after reading the rules.  :P

Yeah, I remember reading through the 4th ed book once and couldn't figure out how to even get started making a character!
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
I don't really feel like joining a new forum.  Good luck guys!

JaronK

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »
I love Shadowrun, and would be glad to play. However I don't have the books (Easy to fix) and even worse I don't really know how to make a character. Since it was a very complicated and time-consuming process our DM would save himself the annoyance by doing most of the character creation himself with our input as to what we wanted to play.

Once I have the character though, I have a fair amount of experience playing 4e Shadowrun tabletop. It's really a pretty awesome system and setting, but since it's kinda niche finding people who know how to play it is rough. I have pretty limited experience with systems before 4th
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2009, 03:38:36 AM »
This game has been moved, and is a 3e game anyway. You're welcome to join us if you want to back up a bit. There should be a link further up the page.