Author Topic: Psionic Naruto Builds v2.0  (Read 51565 times)

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
Re: Psionic Naruto Builds v2.0
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2009, 01:19:05 AM »
Sure, if you're limiting yourself to what's appeared in anime form, then you can go ahead and take a nice long break. Of course, if you go by the manga, there's quite a few more....
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
Sure, if you're limiting yourself to what's appeared in anime form, then you can go ahead and take a nice long break. Of course, if you go by the manga, there's quite a few more....
When these builds were first made, the manga hadn't reached where the anime is now. Look for references to things characters did "in the manga" if you want a better idea of how far it was along (I think it was right after Naruto went Four Tails while fighing Orochimaru).

The name of "Susanoo" in the Mangekyo Sharingan techniques needs to be changed to Kamui. The actual Susanoo technique is more like a 9th-level astral construct (Sasuke has the Skin of the Construct feat nowadays, allowing him to summon the ribcage as a shield).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 03:46:36 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2009, 10:18:16 AM »
When these builds were first made, the manga hadn't reached where the anime is now. Look for references to things characters did "in the manga" if you want a better idea of how far it was along (I think it was right after they saved Gaara from the Akatsuki).

The name of "Susanoo" in the Mangekyo Sharingan techniques needs to be changed to Kamui. The actual Susanoo technique is more like a 9th-level astral construct (Sasuke has the Skin of the Construct feat nowadays, allowing him to summon the ribcage as a shield).

In the Kakashi entry, right? Changing right away...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »
In the techniques entry...
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2009, 10:48:24 AM »
In the techniques entry...

Changed that too  :)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2009, 10:54:34 AM »
rumored to be called Kamui
:eh
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »
rumored to be called Kamui
:eh

Ow c'mon, I have never seen it called like that, and I don't know it's english name either, so, yeah  :embarrassed  :lmao

*removed the Rumored part of it*

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »
So I threw up some ideas for the Raikage in the other thread, but for now I think we should focus on the remaining Akatsuki. Kisame has showed up to fight Killer Bee in the latest chapter, so we'll probably see some new stuff from him, but apart from that the only ones left alive are Madara (hasn't revealed much of his abilities) and Zetsu (woodling template?). Deidara's statblock could use an update too, and Itachi's doesn't have Susanoo (though that could be covered with astral construct or the standard correspond summon trick, if not one of the summoning powers from Hyperconscious). IIRC from Evert Darter ;) you can gain total cover if you stand inside a large enough incorporeal creature.

Is there any good way to deal heavy Con damage in a burst?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:37:03 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »
Speaking of Akatsuki, what about the figurehead leader, the 6 bodies of Pain? I had a few ideas, like ectopic adept for animal path's animal summons, deva path using telekinetic maneuvre and telekinetic thrust, with being a wilder (the more power he puts into it, the longer it takes before he can do it again, i figure that's like wild surge and psychic enervation). Human path and naraka path would need some manner of soul rip as well as probe thoughts, and the real one would likely be a thrallherd. Dunno about the ones I left out though, and it's not like the rinnegan is really all that well defined.
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2009, 08:20:05 PM »
Speaking of Akatsuki, what about the figurehead leader, the 6 bodies of Pain? I had a few ideas, like ectopic adept for animal path's animal summons, deva path using telekinetic maneuvre and telekinetic thrust, with being a wilder (the more power he puts into it, the longer it takes before he can do it again, i figure that's like wild surge and psychic enervation). Human path and naraka path would need some manner of soul rip as well as probe thoughts, and the real one would likely be a thrallherd. Dunno about the ones I left out though, and it's not like the rinnegan is really all that well defined.
Wikis help. Apparently the Rinnegan lets the user see chakra and control all five elements.

Obvious, but Nagato's main body is venerable. :p
My work

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:09 PM »
So then rinnegan is detect psionics at-will, and maybe favored energy or what it's called for five different energy types for all the seven bodies. What could simulate Human Path and Naraka Path's ripping people's souls out deal. The body that absorbs ninjutsu and chakra could be using psychic vampire (though the ninjutsu absorption i dunno what that would be).

Oh, and Forced Sense Link between the seven since they all share their fields of vision.

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
I would say the best way to do pain is simply make 6 different characters, all specializing in one specific thing; the summon one obviously being a constructor/ectopic adept. Apparently those dog things explode now, they didn't really show that in the manga, so I would make them the carapace one that explodes, the flying egg bomb one would be something like the flight ability and concussion blast, the chameleon has natural invisibility, etc.

So then rinnegan is detect psionics at-will, and maybe favored energy or what it's called for five different energy types for all the seven bodies. What could simulate Human Path and Naraka Path's ripping people's souls out deal. The body that absorbs ninjutsu and chakra could be using psychic vampire (though the ninjutsu absorption i dunno what that would be).

Oh, and Forced Sense Link between the seven since they all share their fields of vision.

I would say that the Naraka path should be obvious...its urge extermination, it kills people instantly.

I would say the ninjutsu absorbtion would be something like tower of iron will (for half damage), combined with a vigor and dampen power...or something like that.

You reduce the power to its lowest damage with dampen power, your tower of iron will reduces that to half, then your vigor absorbs the rest of the damage, which should be very little.

Either that or it could simply be a null-psionics field.

I also disagree that the susanoo bone cage thing, or susanoo itself is a mere skin of the construct. That's far too weak to cover for the massive amount of damage it can resist. Susanoo is supposed to be an absolute defense.

I would also like to address a couple concerns I had about the general ninja powers.

Kawarimi - I think this ability is so integral to ninjaing that the power you had listed for it before is inadequate for what it actually accomplishes. A kawarimi is used in order to essentially negate an attack used on the defending ninja. This eludes to the fact that it is an immediate action ability and Dimension Swap does not fill that requirement. It is my belief that the Kawarimi (and its ilk; using a clone) is so important to ninja battles they simply wouldn't be the same without it. Like the kawarimi, battles in dungeons and dragons were forever changed by the introduction of swift/immediate actions. The ability to instantaneously negate an attack no matter how powerful that attack is seems more akin to what the kawarimi is supposed to be.

Therefore, I submit that the kawarimi technique should be one (or any/all) of the following.

Evade Attack (augmented)

Schismed or quickened (or both) synchronicity every round which can be used to dimension door (or even swap) away from an enemy attack.

Anticipatory Strike

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:13:57 PM by Azrael »

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2009, 12:50:23 AM »
I would say the ninjutsu absorbtion would be something like tower of iron will (for half damage), combined with a vigor and dampen power...or something like that.

You reduce the power to its lowest damage with dampen power, your tower of iron will reduces that to half, then your vigor absorbs the rest of the damage, which should be very little.

Either that or it could simply be a null-psionics field.

There's Lucid Cenobyte ability that absorbs spell/power levels (and nulls them) automatically, but its something like class level + Wisdom Mod levels per day, so it can't be used at will.

I also disagree that the susanoo bone cage thing, or susanoo itself is a mere skin of the construct. That's far too weak to cover for the massive amount of damage it can resist. Susanoo is supposed to be an absolute defense.

I really don't know how to make it.... maybe more people may suggest something close to it...

I would also like to address a couple concerns I had about the general ninja powers.

Kawarimi - I think this ability is so integral to ninjaing that the power you had listed for it before is inadequate for what it actually accomplishes. A kawarimi is used in order to essentially negate an attack used on the defending ninja. This eludes to the fact that it is an immediate action ability and Dimension Swap does not fill that requirement. It is my belief that the Kawarimi (and its ilk; using a clone) is so important to ninja battles they simply wouldn't be the same without it. Like the kawarimi, battles in dungeons and dragons were forever changed by the introduction of swift/immediate actions. The ability to instantaneously negate an attack no matter how powerful that attack is seems more akin to what the kawarimi is supposed to be.

Therefore, I submit that the kawarimi technique should be one (or any/all) of the following.

Evade Attack (augmented)

Schismed or quickened (or both) synchronicity every round which can be used to dimension door (or even swap) away from an enemy attack.

Anticipatory Strike

Evade attack feels like the best option here...

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2009, 03:05:41 AM »
I would tend to agree with that. Although what is anticipatory strike then? Perhaps that should be a sharingan ability since the sharingan allows you to react to see things more easily.

I think the best option for naraka path is null psionics field -It nullifies all psionics which is close enough to absorbtion- you see, this is why I think you cant restrict naruto to psionics only, I think it should be psionics and sorcerers. There are many spells which could be used to more closely approximate some of the naruto abilities. For instance, the second level sorcerer spell wings of cover would be perfect for the bone cage of susanoo.

But, if you need a full-form susanoo I would suggest using metamorphosis greater to transform into a planetar or something used in conjunction with stygian veil. This will give him immunity to all damage except evil aligned spells and weapons. Thats pretty absolute, plus, you figure even susanoo has a weakness somewhere; the enemy just has to be "aware" of it without metagaming.

Of course, IMHO, I think Sasuke would be a better sorcerer than a psion. Think about it, wings of cover, thunderlance, initiate of the seven-fold veil for susanoo perhaps, celerity for kawarimis, true seeing/greater arcane sight/replicate casting for sharingan, sphere of ultimate destruction for amaterasu, etc...I mean, just the thunderlance alone...that spell is EXACTLY like his chidori lance.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:12:21 AM by Azrael »

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »
I would say the best way to do pain is simply make 6 different characters, all specializing in one specific thing; the summon one obviously being a constructor/ectopic adept. Apparently those dog things explode now, they didn't really show that in the manga, so I would make them the carapace one that explodes, the flying egg bomb one would be something like the flight ability and concussion blast, the chameleon has natural invisibility, etc.

That's kinda what I was already doing with pain, hence giving Nagato's real body thrallherd, but with deva path being wilder and animal path being ectopic adept, etc.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2009, 04:14:08 AM »
Is there any good way to deal heavy Con damage in a burst?

There's a power somewhere that deals 2d4 slashing + 1d4 Con, and is augmentable.... forgot the name...

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
So I threw up some ideas for the Raikage in the other thread, but for now I think we should focus on the remaining Akatsuki.

Isn't there an AC menu ability that allows it to use some kind of energy power? We might try to use that for Kakuzu and his moving hearts...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »
So I threw up some ideas for the Raikage in the other thread, but for now I think we should focus on the remaining Akatsuki.

Isn't there an AC menu ability that allows it to use some kind of energy power? We might try to use that for Kakuzu and his moving hearts...
But how do we get that to represent his number of lives? One thing that comes to mind is that spell which lets you replace your heart with a stone one, combined with something to animate the original heart. He'd still need five hearts to do it though.

Then there's that filler villain in the Sora arc who appears to have been based on Kakuzu... (a woman with five bodies she could switch between at will - her actual body turned out to be her hair)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:21:02 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »
I know its not an ability, but I would just give him a ring of nine lives with 4 charges; well, 3.

You could do something like a triple crafted contingent indomitabliity or something...if that could work somehow.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
Reposting here for indexing:

Ei, Yondaime Raikage
Goliath Wilder 1/Unarmed swordsage 4/Electrokineticist 8/Slayer 6/Psionic swiftblade 5/Unarmed swordsage +2
Feats: Adaptive Style, Blinding Speed (x3), Epic Toughness, Expanded Knowledge (hustle), Improved Sunder, Mental Leap, Power Attack, Practiced Manifester (wilder), Speed of Thought, Superior Unarmed Strike, Tashalatora (electrokineticist), Up the Walls
Flaws: Shaky, Vulnerable
Powers: Body equilibrium, Hustle, Mental barrier

Raiton Armour: Nimbus + Blinding Speed (its protective properties can be boosted temporarily by Mental barrier)

Electrokineticist makes Ei resistant to electrical attacks but not immune - he still takes some damage from Sasuke's Chidori. Swiftblade makes him crazy-fast - adapting it to advance manifesting instead of spellcasting seems reasonable (he gets haste from Blinding Speed). He has Improved Sunder because he's constantly punching tables and that kind of thing. Epic Toughness is because... well, the guy is tough - substitute for Epic Fortitude if you feel that fits better.

The Raikage also has the standard ninja package of Speed of Thought + Up the Walls + Body equilibrium.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 08:03:08 AM by Prime32 »
My work