Author Topic: Immortality: A Guide to Eternal Life  (Read 119119 times)

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
Re: Immortality: A Guide to Eternal Life
« Reply #180 on: March 28, 2011, 02:18:47 AM »
that one is not wotc, however. still, that would be a fun one to pair up with some metamagic tweaks.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2011, 06:26:50 PM »
don't recall if it was mentioned yet or not, but the grey portrait prevents all aging and death so long as it is undestroyed.

[spoiler]Gray Portrait: Initially only a blank canvas, a gray portrait becomes a picture of the owner after one week. After this time, it magically absorbs all the negative effects of aging and prevents the owner from dying of old age. If the portrait is destroyed, the owner immediately suffers all the negative effects of age and instantly dies if he has outlived his natural lifespan. If the owner is killed by any means, the canvas becomes blank again.

Aura: Strong necromancy [Evil]; Caster Level: 20th; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, temporal stasis; Weight: 10 lbs.[/spoiler]
Never game alone again!

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2011, 10:06:10 PM »
I don't know if it was mentioned at the 10 sites, sry if it allrdy was...

The Book of Erotic Fantasy contains a spell letting you age backwards until you want to stop aging. Pretty awesome imo and should be mentioned.

btw: how can you get with a expert 1 2d6 sneak by bonus feats? Book & Page would be nice.

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »
boef is not official material, so is frequently disallowed. nice to know it exists though for those who don't mind using such.
Never game alone again!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2011, 04:40:46 AM »
btw: how can you get with a expert 1 2d6 sneak by bonus feats? Book & Page would be nice.
Presuming you mean 2d6 sneak attack: Tome of Battle, page 75 (Assassin's Stance) and 31 (Martial Stance).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tr011

• Email
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »
NOTE: You can actually qualify for this class at 1st level. Take a level of Generic Expert (here), choose Heal, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Hide, and Move Silently as class skills, and Sneak Attack +2d6 as your bonus feat. Instant qualification at level 1 (thanks to awaken DM golem for the early-entry trick).

I still don't get it. Your initiator level is half your ECL. How could you take a lvl3-stance then? Take Martial Study, then Martial Stance, but this does not allow you to take any stance beyond your level.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2011, 07:12:36 AM »
NOTE: You can actually qualify for this class at 1st level. Take a level of Generic Expert (here), choose Heal, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (religion), Hide, and Move Silently as class skills, and Sneak Attack +2d6 as your bonus feat. Instant qualification at level 1 (thanks to awaken DM golem for the early-entry trick).

I still don't get it. Your initiator level is half your ECL. How could you take a lvl3-stance then? Take Martial Study, then Martial Stance, but this does not allow you to take any stance beyond your level.
Oh, that. My bad. He's referring to the Expert generic class, from Unearthed Arcana (don't know the page off-hand, but it should be in the Classes chapter). Generic classes are supposed to replace base classes and can get class features as bonus feats, the idea being to allow customization while keeping the base class list simple. One of the class feature bonus feats gives Sneak Attack +2d6, IIRC.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Tr011

• Email
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
Ahhh ok thx.
Thought it would be the Expert from DMG and wondered why he gets bonus feats... lol

Nice guide btw.

Bortasz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Situation:
You are transported from our dimension to for example Faeurun or other D&D world.

Question:
What is more simplest and efficient way to Immortality for that sort of person? 
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
necropolitan probably.

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
Littha Immortality without Sex is like.... Where Live without world to live.... quite pointless, or must cruel punishment that I can imagine... so all Undead type (lich Wampires) are out of picture....
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
who said undead cant have sex?

the lichloved feat exits for a reason  :devil

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
No thanks, even I don't em such a pervert.... I even don't like Corpse Bride.... So sorry... I wille stay witch living...
on all god's of universe I prefer Half ork bride from lichloved.... ad least after bath she stop stink...
Radical Taoist

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2011, 04:46:39 PM »
Whuh?

Sorry, I am finding hard to follow what you are saying.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »
To me, the bigger issue is that while female undead can probably have sex just fine, complications may arise for males. Do Necropolitans have blood? This may probably be alleviated by magic (Law of First Adopters dictates that there will be such a spell), but I wouldn't want to bet on getting easy/free access to it.

Stench shouldn't be too much of an issue, most intelligent undead seem to be preserved in some way. Necropolitans even have natural healing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:48:54 PM by Agita »

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
Litta in short:
NO FUCKING WAY!!!!

I prefer living under, on...
I prefer living female.

And can we please return to subject?
What sort of immortality is available to Dimension traveller and allow Sex?
Radical Taoist

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2011, 05:07:22 PM »
Become an elan then, there is some sort of ritual for that according to the fluff.

Also, I don't appreciate people swearing at me while I am trying to help them. It isn't my fault that your posts are unintelligible.

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #197 on: May 11, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
Sorry... it wasn't on/at you,... Ehhh
Sorry. I Apologize.

Elan Is good, but you lose lvl and some sort of memorise of you live before ritual... 
But it will probably by the best option.... Other is Reincarnate from Druid or Steal Live from Vile darkness. Correct?
Radical Taoist

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: May 11, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »
Kissed by the ages or Tasmia's Heart also work but the various type changing is generally the easiest.

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #199 on: May 11, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »
Ok
Thanks.
Now only left using the knowledge.

One more time. Thank you.
Radical Taoist