Author Topic: ELIANA TOIBA ABIJAH aka: DOVE  (Read 3507 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
ELIANA TOIBA ABIJAH aka: DOVE
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:54:09 PM »
THEN...

The funeral was over and the casket had been lowered into the dark hole. Standing at a distance two men wearing work clothes took a cigarette break and talked quietly amongst themselves. In there hands they carried the shovels they would use to fill in Dove's father's grave. They were waiting politely and patiently at a distance until everyone left before they would start their task.

Next to you stood your long-time associate, Alex Cross. All the others had left and it was just the two of your standing at the site of the open grave.

Dove's father had been shot and killed. The killer was never caught, but it was a professional job.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: ELIANA TOIBA ABIJAH aka: DOVE
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 02:18:05 AM »
Dove stands quietly for a number of moments unaware if one minute or an hour had past. She had been awake for quite awhile, but it was difficult to tell if the dark circles under her eyes were from fatigue, withdrawls, or tears. The funeral had long since been over, she made sure that everyone she knew had left to sit Shiva before she made her way from the spot she had observed the whole ritual from. She would not join them in it, she had brought them enough pain and now this. Somehow, she figured, this was related to her; was her fault.

"I did not ask you to come here Cross." Trying to maintain the gruff facade that she used to shield herself from others, to keep them at an arm's distance always. After this last tragedy now more then ever she couldn't let anyone else get hurt.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:33:49 AM »
Frowning at himself for never knowing what to say in emotional situations, the only reply Cross could come up with was "Sorry."

He wanted to say something more, to assure Dove that he would find who did this, but he knew that that would only make her angrier.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »
Dove kneels by the grave sight. Steeling her gaze on the coffin, she would not allow herself to cry, not now. She would not afford herself any mourning, not until after she found who was behind this. Grabbing her blouse with both hands Dove violently rips a small section of it and says to the grave, "Baruch dayan emet.".

Dove scoops up a handful of dirt resting nearby and slowly drops it onto the small piles that already rest on the plain casket. She adds softly "And I will be the one to send the ones responsible for this to be judged."

Standing she turns her gaze to Cross, "Well since your here, what has been found out so far on this?"

GM for Dawn of Defiance

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »
Cross shifts uncomfortably.  Nothing he can say can have any effect on her other than fueling her anger.  Yet something must be said.  "Are you sure you're ready for this now?  I wasn't going to look into this until you were ready, because I know you would insist on being involved in every step.  If you need time, we can take a different job until you get your head together.  I was contacted by this guy, he needed my help with something, and I could really use some backup.  I can have my handler look into things for us so we have some intel right away when we start..."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 02:08:07 PM by j0lt »
PbP Games

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:10:29 PM »
"No, I left the rehabilitation facility early for this." Dove states, "Not to return to working. You are right about one thing though....I do need time. Time to look into this on my own. Anything you might hear though I expect you will contact me with."

With that she turns and walks away, the arid breeze rippling her torn blouse and jacket to reveal the concealed firearm she was carrying.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 03:34:51 PM »
Cross just stood there staring after her.  Perhaps she did need time alone.  Perhaps he should just let her do this by herself, but something in his mind was screaming that this was a mistake.  Something was wrong...
PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »
Dove's cell phone vibrates. Looking at the caller she reads: Reiss, David.
Current PbP Games

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
Hitting accept, Dove puts the phone to her ear. "Hello."

GM for Dawn of Defiance

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
"Oy! I'm sorry I couldn't be there for the funeral... A Shtuken Nisht in Harts! But business makes pressing demands of my time, but I wanted to apologize and give you my condolences all the same." There was the briefest of pauses. "I am not interrupting the service am I...?" David's old familiar voice sounding just a touch sheepish.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 04:23:43 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:53 AM »
After another moment to compose herself Dove says, "No David, your are not interrupting anything. The service ended quite some time ago." It came out harsher then she meant it to be but she wasn't in the mood to talk about it. "Is this pressing business you mentioned also something you are calling about?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:26:39 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

jacemachine