Author Topic: The Unofficial Artificer Player's Guide 3.0  (Read 136200 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: The Unofficial Artificer Player's Guide 3.0
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »
Obviously. Show, don't tell. :P
I can think of a few shenanigans involving Ironsoul Forgemaster, but nothing that reaches CL 15 without rebuilding (rebuilding, on the other hand, almost makes it too easy).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2010, 02:33:46 AM »
well, i should have mentioned that it uses something from dragon in my previous post, an oversight on my part. hence my assumption of minimal interest. *^^* the feat in question was designed to help out multi-classed multi-casters with item creation... but poor wording allows an artificer to take one divine casting class and one arcane casting class and reap the benefit from the "sum of all caster levels" wording which an artificer has, at least for item creation purposes.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

endragor

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
atm i'm a warforged artificer 8. i've got 2 iron defender at 6hd with martial study martial stance and swarmfighter, but they are not as good as i expected. i was thinking about looking for some effigy (i've got the feat for building construct) but im not shure wich base creature choose. i need some advice for something good at meele, damaging or field control dosent matter. any book allowed! thanks ^^

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
If you are planning on using effigies you should look into templates creatures as a template does not increase the cost of an effigy. Just try to limit yourself or work something out with your DM because you could theoretically  apply all templates that it qualifies for to your effigy, which would just be crazy.

endragor

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
and feral come to mind....again :P

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »
Feral is good, basically anything that gives bonuses to str and dex are good templates for a effigy. Also things that add natural attacks and Ex abilities not based on con.

LargePrime

• Curious George
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2010, 03:40:37 PM »
I have not seen Bracers of Archery, lesser (5000gp, 2500, 1875gp with Ex Artisan) combo-ed with the Elven double bow mentioned.

This combo, with Weapon Augmentation, Personal (Bane) infusion, seems a rather effective use of resources.  This also assumes you use knowledge checks to identify monster type, which guides your Bane selection.  This also suggests "Able Learner" for the extra Knowledge skills.

While an archerificer is recommended 'point blank shot' and 'precise shot', it seems a bufficer could do as good or better, although not at low levels.

Attack is at -2 for two arrows (offset by +2 to hit from bane), as a standard action (one attack), but gives [1d8+Magic weapon bonus+1(Attune, if magical weapon)+2(bane)+2d6(bane magic damage)] all x2
Move equivalent to reload second arrow.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:45:25 PM by LargePrime »

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
Feral is good, basically anything that gives bonuses to str and dex are good templates for a effigy. Also things that add natural attacks and Ex abilities not based on con.

you dont have to pay for templates on effigies. therefore, anything that doesn't penalize you physical stats is good.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2010, 04:01:31 PM »
I mentioned that, it is just that applying a large number of templates gets really crazy really fast.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »
Could you add a list of useful abilities to add with augmentation?

Bane for personal weapon augmentation is really nice.

Doomwarding (player's guide to faerun) gives seven rerolls to reroll any die at any time (once per round) and costs just under 40k, making it a really good choice for Weapon Augmentation

Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »
Could you add a list of useful abilities to add with augmentation?

That may hit the back burner as for right now. Once the summer hits I'm going to re-touch up all the guides I've written/transferred but currently I have to study the delights of Kant and Nietzsche during college so my time is all entangled!

Growin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
At least you're skipping Hegel.  Why doesn't anyone learn about Schopenhauer (or as his friends call him "SchopenBalla" or SchopenHalla")

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 11:52:42 PM »
At least you're skipping Hegel.  Why doesn't anyone learn about Schopenhauer (or as his friends call him "SchopenBalla" or SchopenHalla")

Ha ha ha, think again! I'll be covering Hegel, Schopenhauer and the whole gang in a couple of weeks.

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »
I'd like to throw in the random comment that Craft (Sculpting) is one of the better crafts when it comes to making Constructs. It also lets you change the appearance of your Astral Constructs, in one of the most obscure uses that any Artificer will ever use any skill for.

Rhyell

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
The Mimicry Rod from A&EG gives a +10 competence bonus on Disguise, Forgery and UMD.
Caster Level: 6th; Prerequisites:
Craft Rod, change
self, ventriloquism; Market
Price: 30,000 gp.
Pretty nice to me i think. :clap

Wubs

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 01:44:40 AM »

HP Battery:
Warforged Artificer + Large Weapon Familiar, double hp trick via Shield Other item custom used by your familiar on yourself.  Basically using the Weapon familiar as a HP battery, and its pretty strong with half your hp + 20*2 (for a hafted weapon) +10 / enhancement +1 (greater magic weapon it up), or 50 at least + whatever else.

Also gets double duty from repair infusions and can double persist things with you like, cloud of knives for example.

Low level melee persist combo:  Bite of the Wererat + Fist of stone + Elation (+8 strength, +8 dex, + 2 con, gain bite/slam attack, +5' movement) + Alter self large animated object (Warforged only) = 1 slam for forged, 1 slam for large sized, 1 slam for fist of stone, 1 bite attack at lvl 5, use bite as your secondary so your slams don't take penalties, and 75 movement for a wheeled form (Optimus Prime, ear your heart out).

+ other goodies like:  Divine Sacrifice, Haste (Swift), Fly (Swift).

Aspect of the Earth Hunter shared with your familiar: Double trouble from Bulettes and can be persisted.

Wand of Heroics and Wand of Mirror Move, turn even more melee-tastic. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:52:24 AM by Wubs »

Bortasz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2011, 03:38:15 PM »
Does any chance for Upgrade to 3,5 edition?
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2011, 03:51:42 PM »
This is for 3.5. The Artificer was introduced in 3.5, so I'm pretty sure that the number in the title merely denotes the version number of the Handbook.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2011, 07:45:05 PM »

Don't worry I made the same mistake too.  Having 3.0 in the title wasn't a very good idea.

Bortasz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »
Oki.. so my question is:

Magic Vestment are really First lvl Infusion for the Artificer?

For every body else is Third level spell... so im little confuse.
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]