Author Topic: Statting Fate/stay night  (Read 32148 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Statting Fate/stay night
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 08:49:22 AM »
Be sure to get Perfect Edition - BMW had quite a few updates over time, with graphics improvements and new characters. (if the blue details on Saber's armour disappear during her Excalibur animation then you have an old version)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 10:16:38 AM »
HDD space crisis though, means looking for a source is...tricky. My ISP is giving me trouble completing several very large torrents and I don't have any float till I can shuffle them elsewhere. :P

Got a good source for either?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Ah, there's that clip I was looking for. :p The other stuff turns up on a Google search.

EDIT: Oh god, Prisma Ilya is hilarious. :D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:51:44 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
Ah, there's that clip I was looking for. :p The other stuff turns up on a Google search.

EDIT: Oh god, Prisma Ilya is hilarious. :D
*Dies rofling*
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »
Hmmm... in Prisma Ilya the Kaleidosticks were created to fight Heroic Spirits with Magic Resistance by releasing raw magical energy rather than spells, and they never run out of power. The wielder can fire the energy in various shapes or use it to fly. Warlock is probably the best fit for Kaleido-Ruby then, maybe with hellfire warlock levels. (Spellfire and Arcane Fire fit flavourfully, but are more limited in use)
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »
Hmm, Binder might be appropriate as well, when using the Include powers. of the class cards. Using Warlock for raw firepower and the magical girl stuff. Binder for the various Class Cards.
Ilya pulling out UBW on Saber was nuts, heh.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 03:57:38 AM »
Personally I never would have made Saber LG alignment. No chance. Crusader makes more sense for those first two levels, even if she does lose Pally levels. Or perhaps knight. She is Arthur after all. A knight of the round table. Maybe a variant of the Paladin. Not too many Paladins are out for themselves. LN maybe, but definitely not LG. A CG Paladin of Freedom kind of works as well, even if she does lose her diplomacy.

I'd ask how you'd do the other characters (Rider, Lancer, etc), but that'll probably come with time. The Hercules warrior would probably just be a giant fighter/barbarian, not unlike the Deities book version.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:59:41 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 04:04:11 AM »
False assassin is obviously an iaijutsu factotum.  No question.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2009, 01:51:05 PM »
Hercules definitely has Iron Heart Surge at least.

What I wonder about is Dark Sakura.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
Hercules definitely has Iron Heart Surge at least.

What I wonder about is Dark Sakura.
And both of us shall continue to wonder until Seorin starts Heaven's Feel. :P

Feel free to submit your own builds, by the way.

EDIT:
Quote from: veekie, Seorin's Let's Play thread
Thats an image that's gonna stick in my head for a while.
The Cardcaptor as Saber.
Dangit, did you forget about Prisma Ilya already? Y'know, where Ilya's all "Saber Card, return to your power confined"? :p
I would pester you about it there if I had an account.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:31:18 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 02:47:04 PM »
I never said it wasn't already in my head. :P

SA has different standards though, and I'm not particularly interested in getting a custom avvie/personal message that way.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 06:58:12 PM »
Random Thought:
Gantz - Fate/Stay Night - Tsukihime crossover
Drop our two protagonists into Gantz, what happens?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »
I'm afraid I know nothing about Gantz, so I couldn't tell you.

By the way...
My work

MrErikO

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 03:17:02 AM »
This thread needs to continue on! I'm glad I came across this because I was about to try and undertake this task, glad I found this first. I will try and contribute some ideas to this in the near future, however I still need to bring my 3.5 knowledge up to par.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 07:01:23 AM »
Well, my own knowledge of the story is improved now that I've read about 85% of the VN...

Here's a rough build.

Berserker
CN Paragon goliath Barbarian 1/Warblade 3/Crusader 1
Feats: Endurance, Power Attack, Steadfast Determination, Thick-skinned x6
Epic Feats: Damage Reduction
Flaws: Shaky, Vulnerable
Manouvers: Mostly Iron Heart, nothing which requires concentration
Stances: Punishing stance
Equipment: +5 ghost touch mountain plate of heavy fortification, Large greataxe

End result is a CR 21 enemy with DR 5/- and 20/epic, which stack, as well as the ability to absorb 5 points of damage per turn. Also SR 31, fire and cold resistance 10, and fast healing 20.

What do you think of giving him Vow of Poverty, with the interpretation that only the first bonus feat must be exalted? Alternatively he could be a warforged with Adamantine Body for the immunities. Or maybe dragonscale husk.

And another:
Rider
Medusa Druid (UA variant) 9/Barbarian 1/Beastmaster 1/Prestige paladin 2
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spiked chain), Devoted Tracker, Holy Mount, Leadership, Mounted Combat, Natural Bond, ? x2
Flaws: ?, ?
Equipment: +X feycraft spiked chain, Battle Bridal

Cohort/Mount/Animal companion
Pegasus Barbarian (lion totem) 1/Scout 3/Ranger (spell-lessCW) 8
Feats: Air Heritage, Improved Rapidstrike (hoof), Rapidstrike (hoof), Shape Soulmeld (?), Swift Hunter
Equipment: Amulet of natural attacks/necklace of natural weapons
I'm not sure how to handle Blood Fort Andromeda.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:00:36 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:34 AM »
Blood Fort Andromeda appears to be a large radius Death Knell and one of the thinner acid fog variants I saw somewhere. It takes a long time to set up though, multiple days in fact.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
Blood Fort Andromeda appears to be a large radius Death Knell and one of the thinner acid fog variants I saw somewhere. It takes a long time to set up though, multiple days in fact.
That could have been due to Rider's weakened state at the time.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 08:40:20 AM »
Naw, they explicitly had all those runes set up all over the place, it doesn't seem to be something Rider could call up at will.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
Perhaps it's actually just a bunch of normal sized death knell (+ consumptive field?) with acid fog combos
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »
The runes may be custom magic traps so that the consumptive field/death knell+acid fog combos all go off at the same time and cover the entire school.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation