Author Topic: Statting Fate/stay night  (Read 32111 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Statting Fate/stay night
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:06 PM »
Well, there's a let's play going on ATM.
My experience is with the playstation port, so there might be some differences...
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 02:01:53 AM »
Well, there's a let's play going on ATM.
My experience is with the playstation port, so there might be some differences...
Yeah, I'm following that, it's about halfway through Unlimited Blade Works now, and completely done with Fate.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 02:05:34 AM »
Ah, I saw some posts, and was wondering if there was another person named Veekie...
Planetouched Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 02:30:15 AM »
I just like pretending I don't know the plot. It's more fun that way. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 03:57:30 AM »
I just like pretending I don't know the plot. It's more fun that way. :D
Want to compose fake spoilers with me?

Taiga becomes a master in HF route, making a contract with a female version of Ajax who's left over from the third war.

Issei and Shirou are actually half-brothers.

Berserker's mad enhancement gets turned off early on, and he becomes a highly intelligent chessmaster than nobody sees coming.
Planetouched Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 06:53:29 AM »
On GitP it was pointed out that reading a Let's Play of FSN isn't too different to actually "playing" it. :p (though you still miss some of the stuff like music and camera pans.)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 07:33:35 AM »
On GitP it was pointed out that reading a Let's Play of FSN isn't too different to actually "playing" it. :p (though you still miss some of the stuff like music and camera pans.)
Naw, the LPer provides the highlights of those as well. All the music, in fact. And all the fight/interesting scenes.

As for fake spoilers, keeping it subtle is tricksy, yarr?
I'll support the one where Taiga winds up withas Berserker after Ilya moves in.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »
Archer is Robin Hood
Taiga is an actual tiger and Sakura's familiar, who was given human form by magic
Lancer becomes paralysed after accidentally eating a hot dog (lol mythology)
In Heaven's Feel, Batman gets summoned as Assassin instead of Kojiro
Shinji is a True Ancestor
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 11:31:08 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
Archer's strange and contradictory actions have a simple explanation:

There are actually two archers.  You can tell which is which by which hand holds which sword.
Planetouched Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 06:42:36 AM »
I can't decide if Rin is a UMD warlock or if she's a psion using power stones (normally using the method to make use of their knowledge without burning them out).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:25:40 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:37 AM »
Well, Rin specifically says the gems she use are one shot items, the 10 most powerful took a lifetime to charge up and go smash when used.

She doesn't use any gems for regular spells though, only when trying to affect a Servant class opponent, or in the case of her heart shaped gem, when preventing Shirou from dying when hes killed the first time round.

You'd probably need something special for the Sword of Zeltretch and the Kaleidostick though. The former seem to mimic the Metamind's Font of Power while in use, and can be used as an energy weapon(beams, arcs, etc) or a bomb(single use). The Kaleidostick....not too sure on it's exact abilities, besides turn Rin into a magical girl and combining with the Sword to become a Wave Motion Gun.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »
The Kaleidostick....not too sure on it's exact abilities, besides turn Rin into a magical girl and combining with the Sword to become a Wave Motion Gun.
I'm not too familiar with the plot of Hollow Ataraxia, but I'm pretty sure that Kaleido-Ruby's attacks in Battle Moon Wars were just made up by the creators as Nanoha references. (and I thought that was Rin's ceremonial dagger, not the Sword of Zelretch)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:09:53 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »
Well, it looked like it was made of crystal, which fit the description of the Sword as far as I know.

Anyone who actually knows the whole thing through?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »
Well, it looked like it was made of crystal, which fit the description of the Sword as far as I know.

Anyone who actually knows the whole thing through?
I looked up some pics of Zelretch - it seems that was it. Also I stumbled across this in the process - I am now very afraid. And this comic - I am now nervously laughing.
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 12:06:13 AM »
Heh, yeah, kigurumi can be creepy.
Summoning Gilgamesh instead isn't all that different, though I have to question why all their Archers use swords. Imagine heroic spirit EMIYA summoned as Saber by Shirou. That'd be a riot.

Still, this gives us several versions of Rin(some are overlapping abilities, as apparently shes a polymath), but at the least they don't deviate as much as the 3 Shirous:
Fate/Stay Night(Fate):
Demonstrated Reinforcement magic on her own legs, giving her minor superspeed.
Has 10 gems charged with 'A' rank magic, which have been used for an attack of ice, a protective spell(to protect her from being crushed by Berserker) and what looks like raw magic blast on Berserker. 4 gems killed Berserker once, Ilya implies that using 8 gems at once may actually have removed 2-3 lives.
Explained that each gem is destroyed after use(boy, that must be harsh on the family finances)

Fate/Stay Night(Unlimited Blade Works, as far as I know):
Demonstrated the ability to cast Gandr shots rapidly. These appear to be nonlethal knockout rays at first, though once she lost her temper they started doing physical damage. Does not use gems. Has a gatling gun version powered by her family Magic Crest
Gems used for counterspelling instead, each gem is good for 3 personal defense counterspells, or 1 general purpose counterspell, agaisnt Servant Caster.
Knows Kung Fu Gems(unknown number), used to augment her fists. Then she punches the shit out of Caster.

Fate/Stay Night(third hand knowledge only):
Gets Shirou to make the Sword of Zeltretch.
Grafts Archer's arm onto Shirou to let him use Unlimited Blade Works
Uses the Sword of Zeltretch to lay down beamspam.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia(third hand knowledge only):
Kaleidostick obtained, is sentient, is perverse.
Magical Girl Kaleido Ruby

Battle Moon Wars(third hand knowledge only):
Kaleidostick + Sword of Zeltretch = Wave Motion Gun
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 06:11:20 AM »
the "power to burn" homebrew feat works perfectly for HF Shirou.  It was attached to aramak's blue Mage class on gleemax, iirc.
Planetouched Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »
Heh, yeah, kigurumi can be creepy.
Kigurumi Nanoha is one thing, but that's disappointed kigurumi Nanoha. :hide

Summoning Gilgamesh instead isn't all that different, though I have to question why all their Archers use swords. Imagine heroic spirit EMIYA summoned as Saber by Shirou. That'd be a riot.
That's the first page of the comic - just keep increasing the number in the URL. Eventually Shiro summons Caster. :p I found that through a forum thread asking the question "What if Shiro and Rin summoned each others' Servants?"
The response was:
  • Archer shoots Shiro in the face the instant he is summoned
  • Saber wtfpwns all the other Servants before losing to Gilgamesh
  • Sakura sees Shiro's corpse, freaks out and becomes Dark Sakura, killing everyone

Fate/Stay Night(third hand knowledge only):
Gets Shirou to make the Sword of Zeltretch.
Grafts Archer's arm onto Shirou to let him use Unlimited Blade Works
Uses the Sword of Zeltretch to lay down beamspam.
HF Shiro can't summon Unlimited Blade Works, just call individual weapons from it - Archer's soul has become too different from his for them to be fully compatible.

Fate/Hollow Ataraxia(third hand knowledge only):
Kaleidostick obtained, is sentient, is perverse.
Magical Girl Kaleido Ruby
The Kaleidostick lets people form a contract with it - they specify an ability and it will use Zelretch magic to download the skills of an appropriate alternate-universe version of the user. Unfortunately, Rin found it in a chest when she was a little girl and accidentally formed a contract with it. A contract she cannot change or annull. She has tried very hard to forget it. :p (btw, this seems to be the universe the power is coming from)

Rin asks Shiro to Trace something, but she bumps into him in the process and he somehow manages to trace the Kaleidostick instead. The look of sheer horror on Rin's face is priceless just before she starts shouting cheerily in German, giving a V sign and flying off to battle evil. :D Then Arcueid sees her and gets jealous, deciding to become her rival. Hilarity ensues. :lmao
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:11:23 AM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 07:19:30 AM »
The Kaleidostick lets people form a contract with it - they specify an ability and it will use Zelretch magic to download the skills of an appropriate alternate-universe version of the user. Unfortunately, Rin found it in a chest when she was a little girl and accidentally formed a contract with it. A contract she cannot change or annull. She has tried very hard to forget it. :p (btw, this seems to be the universe the power is coming from)
Got a good source for that alt universe? It looks hilarious.

Rin asks Shiro to Trace something, but she bumps into him in the process and he somehow manages to trace the Kaleidostick instead. The look of sheer horror on Rin's face is priceless just before she starts shouting cheerily in German, giving a V sign and flying off to battle evil. :D Then Arcueid sees her and gets jealous, deciding to become her rival. Hilarity ensues. :lmao
:lmao
I gotta get me some of that too.
The game, the english patch, and a weekend to throw into it.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 08:17:40 AM »
:lmao
I gotta get me some of that too.
The game, the english patch, and a weekend to throw into it.
It follows on from Heaven's Feel, so maybe you should wait...
(I'd say to just get FSN and play HF, but you have to unlock it by completing the other two routes.)
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 08:29:54 AM »
Well, I did get FSN, but currently having a HDD space crisis. :P
Don't have BMW or FHA though.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]