Author Topic: Help a newby DM  (Read 979 times)

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Help a newby DM
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »
Yo! my gaming group regularly switches DM and it is my turn to run a campaing, so I wanna ask for any advice you can give me to make the game fun, of my group I am the only min/maxer (and a fairly new one, for the matter :blush) so please try to mind that when giving advice.

Now my rough outline for the campaing is:
  • War between two neighboring city-states, which are in fact controlled by drows and Illithid
  • The real reason for the war is that both Drow and Ilithids want to control a powerful artifac that can make a permanent pathway towards any plane
  • Drow want to make a passage between the material plane and the Demonwaeaves (sp?) pits
  • Illithid believe the porta can make a pathway between their original plane (the one they came from) and the material plane so they can bring more Ilithids to take over the world
  • The PC's will be an strike party for one of the city-states

My idea is starting from lvl 5 and planing to get to lvl 15 at least, possibly more

Thanks in advance

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
Re: Help a newby DM
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »
I highly recomment you have a clearly defined relationship web between the key players...

Like a relationship between the drow concubine and the LG human king, on the outside it looks like an average relationship of the sort, but in actuallity the 'concubine' is a piestess of Lolth, and the king has been dominated, allowing the drow to influence the whole city without looking like she's on a seat of power...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.