Author Topic: Team Indecisive IC  (Read 8567 times)

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Team Indecisive IC
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »
As the ground gives way beneath Haar's feet, he activates his Safewing Emblem, and gently touches down at the bottom.

As he lands near Riugonth, he continues the conversation as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Goblin
[spoiler]"Yes, that is definitely a good idea. Who knows what could be in that map..."[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Any things of particular interest that I should check for? Also, does anyone else but me find it weird that Detect Magic isn't on an Artificer's Infusion list? At least, not in the book I have. I don't know if there's some kind of errata or something.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2009, 02:15:11 AM »
The gnome and elf land as safely as the others. As the latter composes herself, she interjects into the goblin and human's conversation.

In Goblin:
[spoiler]"Pardon me, but do you have some particular reason to distrust the map given to us? Perhaps some aspect of it that you have some insight into? My associate here has particular talents with the arcane, and might be able to aid you, if you like."[/spoiler]

Meanwhile, the gnome tries to dust himself off, failing completely given that the air is thick with dirt. As the dust in the air comes closest to settling, the gnome concentrates for a moment, mumbles a phrase quickly, and disappears, reappearing about a foot away. He isn't nearly as dusty, though it's clear that it won't last.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:04:28 AM by VennDygrem »

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2009, 03:42:32 AM »
Goblin
[spoiler]Haar turns and give a look of mild surprise at the elf speaking to him. What, does everyone know my language now? This is getting a little eerie..."I'm sure that the map is a perfectly ordinary magical item, or as ordinary as they get. However, there's no reason not to take a scholarly eye to things. Who knows when knowing how to make a magical map will come in handy? And you never know when malicious intent lurks in something seemingly innocent..."[/spoiler]

Haar walks over to Benin, and taps him somewhere around his waist or lower back, as high as he can reach from his shorter stature. "Excuse me sir, but would you mind if I hold the map? You may have it back if you would wish to hold it, but I would like to try and use a few of my abilities on it, to ascertain how it works. It's a sort of a hobby of mine to learn new schemata, and a self-writing map could come in handy for any number of situations." Haar gives a smile to try and be friendly, but, since he's a Goblin, it comes off as a little...offsetting.

Haar then looks around, taking in his surroundings, and looking for any possible threats, as well as a possible direction that the group should begin heading.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:31:55 AM by Rayth Molba »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
"If you want. I don't care much." He gives the map to the goblin, then speaks again. "That was... eventful. Lets keep going." He turns and walks further into the hole.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 01:26:06 AM »
In Goblin, the elf again replies:
[spoiler]"You will find that we are full of many surprises, some of which you may find yourself privileged enough to discover. You show a keen interest in the arcane, and a curiosity and intelligence that, pardon my saying, is far beyond your people. You share much in common with my employer- my companion; and I dare say you two could gain much from conversation with one-another." [/spoiler]

The elf then turns to the gnome and says, in Giant:
[spoiler]"I think the goblin has value to us, and that we can be valuable to him. Perhaps you can take a look at the map and help him unlock its secrets, if indeed it hides any."[/spoiler]

The gnome replies in Giant:
[spoiler]"Hmm, indeed. I, too, wonder what makes it tick. Maybe I can find some other ways of putting its energies to work. I've been devising uses for it beyond cartography. Nothing particularly powerful, but useful nonetheless. Quite useful indeed..."[/spoiler]

If the gnome and elf have not been cryptic enough thus far, you also may note that everyone has just survived a perilous drop in the middle of the collapsed City of Towers, and you do not even know their names.

[spoiler]Protip: Calling my characters 'the Gnome' and 'the Elf' is getting tiresome, but by rights the other characters wouldn't yet know their names at this point. I can not of course complain, since I'm doing it this way by choice, but I like to keep the RP up in several regards. :)[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 01:59:47 AM »
[spoiler]
Benin wouldn't be referring to people with names right now anyway. He doesn't care enough about you yet. :P[/spoiler]

"Come on you lot. We're losing light. Or what there will be of it. The sun'll go down fast in that pit. Does anyone have lights, or can everyone operate on little light?"
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 02:59:19 AM »
The gnome looks ahead at the Dragonborn.

"I have no need for light in the way which some might, such as my associate here. However..."

The elf interjects, "However, I am always prepared." She pulls a sunrod out of her pack and waggles it in a bit of a 'tsk tsk' gesture.

The gnome continues, "I agree, though. We ought to get on with our task. Clear sight or no, it will be more difficult to do the job right the longer we wait."

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2009, 04:44:40 AM »
Haar accepts the map from Benin, and as he begins examining it, he reaches down into a pocket and puts a small circular glass lens in front of his eye. As he begins examining the map in detail, the magic in his monocle begins to unravel the secrets in the device, revealing it to his eyes.

[spoiler]Using the new Artificer's Monocle that Sinfire kindly let me purchase before the game officially starts. I assume we'll have two minutes to examine it? If not, I'll do it later I guess. Roll here.[/spoiler]

Goblin
[spoiler]Haar gives a slight smile at the elf, and nods to her. "I thank you for your complement. I hope to get the chance to speak with the two of you more."[/spoiler]

As the elf turns back to the gnome and begins speaking, Haar suddenly recognizes the language they're using.

Giant
[spoiler]"Excuse me, but if you want to have a private conversation, might I suggest you do it in a language other than this one? I learned this language in order to understand the ancient schemata of the Giants. I would hate to eavesdrop on your conversation just because of us not knowing what languages we all know. I am fluent in the languages of Goblins, Giants, Elves, Dragons, and Orcs, so I would recommend not using those languages if you wish to be private. I apologize for invading your privacy." Haar looked around sheepishly, then continued speaking, asking a question that had been bothering him for the past few minutes. "May I ask what your names are? If we are to work together in this endeavor, we should at least get to know each other. I am Haar, and as I'm sure you've noticed, I am trained in the arts of artifice. Who are you both?"[/spoiler]

As Benin announced his concern about the remaining light, Haar shook his head. "The vision of my race is just as acute in the darkness as it is in the light. However, I also have a few sunrods on me, as well as the ability to cast a Light spell on an object, given the time to do so. Oh, yes! I also have these." Haar reached into one of the pockets on his belt, and pulled out a small cube. "If you put water on one of these, then it will shine with the light of a torch for around 24 hours, and if you dry them off, then you can use the rest of their light later. Quite handy, these things."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 07:25:29 PM »
Upon Haar's intrusion into the discussion in Giant, the gnome immediately looks annoyed; this, however, swiftly turns into curiousity, and the irritation passes into calmness.

"I do not give my name out freely, but as you have offered your's up first, I believe we have come to an even exchange. I am Sindre Vox, Arcanist and Walker of the Planes. And this is my associate, Z..."

The elf cuts Sindre off, introducing herself, "Mevriel Rendarien."

Sindre looks up at her, then back to Haar. "Hmm, yes. Mevriel acts as my advisor, as well as a companion on my journeys."

Back to Mevriel, he speaks in Celestial:
[spoiler]"Hmm, this is one of the few lesser-known tongues that it seems we can converse in privately. This is getting interesting. The priests we definitely right about this group..."[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »
"What? We're exchanging names now? Hmm. I'm Benin, and the badger might as well be called 'Go Die', for all he cares." Benin turns around, and motions to himself and the badger as appropriate. Then he shakes his head.
In Sylvan:
[spoiler]
"You people and your tongues. Crazy."

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
In Sylvan, Mevriel replies to Benin:
[spoiler]It pays to be well-versed in many tongues, as demonstrated. Not to mention, it serves as proof-positive of a superior education.[/spoiler]

She smirks, then goes back to conversing with Sindre and Haar, simultaneously making sure all of her and the gnome's possessions are secure and ready to go.

Sindre pipes up with, "Alright everyone, are you set? We ought to be moving on. This is probably enough chit-chat for now."

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:08 PM »
Sylvan:
[spoiler]
"If you call banter with a single goblin worth learning a language, I disagree. And who in this world gives one copper about your education?"[/spoiler]

"But yes, let us continue." For emphasis, the badger looks even more pissed off.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »
As the group sets out, Sindre looks up at Mevriel. He grimaces, and whispers to her in the Gnome tongue, sure that no one else finds it consequential enough to bother learning:
[spoiler]Hrrm. I don't know what he said to you, Zin, but I don't like his tone.[/spoiler]

Mevriel replies in the same fashion:
[spoiler]Leave it be. I'm sure we'll get plenty of chance to show him up later. For now, there's the task at hand.[/spoiler]

They continue walking, looking for anything useful for the situation they're in.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
It is difficult to tell how much light is left. The horizon glows a soft orange, but it wasn't even noon when you arrived at the edge. The sky above is shrouded with smoke and an unnatural fog, indicating that the glow may be lava.

The trail is relatively safe, thanks largely in part to the design of Sharn's layers. The region you stand in is higher ground, and will take much longer to sink and melt completely, providing some sanctuary from the molten rock below. Still, holes in the ground allow noxious fumes to vent upwards, and the smoke and fog are almost relentless with their presence. Travel will be steadily growing dangerous too, thanks to the altitude variation caused by the rubble.

Slowly things come to light. Corpses litter the ruined buildings, and terrain is uneven, unpredictable. Several times within mere minutes the ground gives way and nearly causes someone to fall through to a lower level of debris, but fate and fortune seem to hold you in high favor. For now.

Minutes pass like days as you take things in, making the surprises of minor collapses and unexpected sounds even more startling. Anticipation is now your key to survival, as the catastrophe is about to teach you...

[spoiler][/spoiler]