Author Topic: Team Indecisive IC  (Read 8585 times)

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Team Indecisive IC
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 01:53:41 AM »
Haar nods at Riugonth. "If you want to try and negotiate, be my guest, but I doubt that many people will want to talk in a crisis."

Benin doesn't respond, but he holds up his hands, which have some brown fur on them. A set of cat-like claws extends out of the end of them. A shirt, made of coarse brown fur, appears over his worn clothes, with patches of transparency that shift around at random. Blue-white fur grows out of his arms, and two extra, blue-white arms grow out of the shirt, under his normal ones. Claws then grow out of his hands, extending to about 8 inches on each arm. Lastly, a row of vertebrae grow from his back, extending into ribs, and the into a bony tail which extends behind him. During the process, he doesn't stop walking.

[spoiler]
Roll to see if Haar knows anything about soulmelds 1d20+15 Arcana 1d20+15=32
On page 33-4 of Magic of Incarnum, it says that with a DC 20 Arcana or The Planes check, you can identify a soulmeld. I figured that a similar check could determine if someone knows what a soulmeld even is. If this rule is inaccurate, tell me, and I'll do something about it.  :)
[/spoiler]

Haar then looks at Benin as he sprouts strange animal parts from various parts of his body. After a second of mental searching, he recognizes what it is. "Ah, you're an Incarnum user! That's fascinating...hmm, I wonder how that works..." He continues to try and get a good look at the different soulmelds while the group walks.

When the man walks over and begins talking, Haar pays close attention. "How are we going to be able to find you, if we do end up finding this ring of yours, and to presumably return your map? Do you know where your master was, so we have a place to start looking?" When the map is handed to Benin, Haar tries to get a good look at it. "A map that writes itself? That's something that I would like to learn how to make..."[spoiler]How would I go about learning how to make a magic item? Detect Magic to figure out what makes it tick? I doubt it would come up much, but who knows, it seems like it could be a pretty cool thing to do. A magic map could come in handy, and it would fit with my character concept of trying to become an awesome artificer, and such.Also, Spot Check:Spot Check 1d20-1=12
[/spoiler]

Characters with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge: Arcana can ID the tattoo as a Dragonmark without rolling; Mark of Making to be exact. Something seems off about this Cannith member's Dragonmark though, characters willing to make a DC 28 Arcana or Spellcraft check can discern what.

[spoiler]
If you can make an Arcana check or Spellcraft check, can you make both? I rolled both, just in case.
K:Arcana Check 1d20+15=28
Spellcraft Check 1d20+15=22[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 02:25:40 AM »
The gnome doesn't seem to notice any glaring untruths about Graben's words, but unfamiliarity makes him a little leery. He glances back at his Elven companion, hopeful that she knows something about the circumstances.

[spoiler]Sindre's rolls:
Sense Motive: 1d20(3)+4=7

Zin's rolls:

Kn(Engineering): 1d20(14)+4=18
Kn(Local): 1d20(8)+4=12
Sense Motive: 1d20(6)+5=11
[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2009, 03:24:35 AM »
"We'll look for your master... Halbrek. If we find him, we'll try to bring him back. Does that satisfy you all?" Benin stares around the group. "How shall we identify this dwarf? Unless you expect us to look at the hand of each dwarf we pass? Why can't you do something, with that magic tattoo of yours? I thought they were helpful?" The disdain in his voice is also evident.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
Has Takanaki been posting lately? I haven't read a single post of his since he last posted in the OOC thread, and looking back he hasn't posted in this one at all.

"We'll look for your master... Halbrek. If we find him, we'll try to bring him back. Does that satisfy you all?" Benin stares around the group. "How shall we identify this dwarf? Unless you expect us to look at the hand of each dwarf we pass? Why can't you do something, with that magic tattoo of yours? I thought they were helpful?" The disdain in his voice is also evident.

It will indeed. Master wears a breastplate wherever he goes. It's adorned with bright silver, and forged from mithral. He bears a set of living tattoos on his shoulders, both of which are visible even under his armor. He has light red hair and an angular face that makes him look like he has an arrowhead for a chin.

My Dragonmark has no power to locate people, only crafting.

Haar nods at Riugonth. "If you want to try and negotiate, be my guest, but I doubt that many people will want to talk in a crisis."

[spoiler]
Roll to see if Haar knows anything about soulmelds 1d20+15 Arcana 1d20+15=32
On page 33-4 of Magic of Incarnum, it says that with a DC 20 Arcana or The Planes check, you can identify a soulmeld. I figured that a similar check could determine if someone knows what a soulmeld even is. If this rule is inaccurate, tell me, and I'll do something about it.  :)
[/spoiler]

You ID his melds as Girallon Arms, Rage Claws, Sphinx Claws, the Dragon Tail, and the Blink Shirt.

Thank you for doing that. I noticed an error in his sheet because of it. Generic: You can't bind the Sphinx Claws and have the Rage Claws shaped unless one of the two occupies a different Chakra slot. IIRC, they both are Hands slot melds, and Soulmelds cannot occupy the Totem chakra alone. So you either need to replace the Rage Claws with another soulmeld or reselect your feats to have the one that overrides this rule.

When the man walks over and begins talking, Haar pays close attention. "How are we going to be able to find you, if we do end up finding this ring of yours, and to presumably return your map? Do you know where your master was, so we have a place to start looking?" When the map is handed to Benin, Haar tries to get a good look at it. "A map that writes itself? That's something that I would like to learn how to make..."[spoiler]How would I go about learning how to make a magic item? Detect Magic to figure out what makes it tick? I doubt it would come up much, but who knows, it seems like it could be a pretty cool thing to do. A magic map could come in handy, and it would fit with my character concept of trying to become an awesome artificer, and such.Also, Spot Check:Spot Check 1d20-1=12
[/spoiler]

That won't be an issue. I'll find you when you get out of the hole. I've a friend who owes me a spell for a favor a while ago, so I'll get him to help me track you down. Once you get out of the hole, simply contact another member of House Cannith and ask them to let me know you've returned, and then just stay in one place for the rest of the day.

Last I know, he was with a client who wanted enchanted glass for some windows, just Southeast of the center of Skyway. He couldn't have fallen far from that region, though I doubt he would have fallen straight down considering how many obstacles Skyway had to go through to reach the lava below.

An Identify will be required to get the information on crafting the map. If you cannot cast Identify for some reason, Detect Magic+Spellcraft will work, but you'd need to take 20 (an exception to the normal rules).

[spoiler]
If you can make an Arcana check or Spellcraft check, can you make both? I rolled both, just in case.
K:Arcana Check 1d20+15=28
Spellcraft Check 1d20+15=22[/spoiler]

I'm fine with that. You recognize the same information regarding him and his master, and I'll let you know the extra details when Takanaki posts.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:11 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
[spoiler]
I'll drop rageclaws. Anyone got a recommendation for a new meld?[/spoiler]

Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 12:06:36 PM »
Maria hustles into the makeshift staging area, a little flush but otherwise much as she usually appears. Rosy cheeks and a soft pant indicate that she was rushing to arrive on time. Late as she was it left her with little choice in the matters such as what she might do, where she might go, who she would be going on this noble expedition with. Moving this way then that she does a round of the room until she stumbles upon someone in the same group she's meant to be in, "Hello, I'm Maria... Do you know where I am meant to be?" This and phrases of a similar ilk are uttered to all and sundry until her needs are met and she has found her new companions.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »
One of the dwarves standing in the cluster near the center of the makeshift office breaks off from the group and approaches the flustered girl.

"There is a group that left not long ago, aiming to help with the rescue process. You ought to go join up with them."

He then rejoins his companions, and whispers to them, 'It is set in motion.' They nod to him and go about observing the room, listening in to the conversations and planning going on therein.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »
With no reason to doubt the good samaritan Maria turns immediately upon her heel and waltzes right back out of the building, off out into the street to hunt down her companions with nothing more than cursory information about where they might be. No matter, they couldn't be far... besides, what could possibly go wrong?

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 12:20:45 PM »
"That'll make it slightly easier to find him, I think. We'll see what we can do... Graben." With that, he walks out of the conversation, onwards! (to GLORY! to victory! wait... no.)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
[spoiler]Can't make that Sense Motive check right now - can ST roll it for me? I have a +0 bonus anyway. :p[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
[spoiler]Can't make that Sense Motive check right now - can ST roll it for me? I have a +0 bonus anyway. :p[/spoiler]

The d20SRD has a dice roller. Can't link to the rolls like IC, but it still let's me roll for you guys if needed. Oh, and you rolled a 4...

I'll update sometime later today.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 09:25:30 PM »
Sindre performs a quick, polite bow before Graben and says, "We will find this master of your's."

With that, the gnome, who has seemed unspectacular to this point, utters a quick phrase of 'the old speech' and his cloak sprouts a billowing cape, seemingly made out of living shadow. The Gnome lifts off the group a couple of feet, and he follows behind Benin at a slow pace, briefly taking the time to release a smirk; His Elven companion follows after him at a similar clip, rolling her eyes as though she has seen this trick a thousand times before.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
As soon as they are out of earshot, Riugonth mutters to Haar in Goblin.
[spoiler]Did you notice anything odd about "Graben" there?[/spoiler]
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »
If no one minds, I'm just going to have one of the other groups point Takanaki's character to you guys so everyone is on the same team.

How many cohorts are staying above and how many are going with you guys?

Graben pulls out a piece of parchment and a small wand. He waves it quickly and a drawing of his master appears on the paper. He hands it to Benin, then bows and thanks you each for assisting him. Around the time you begin towards the hole, Maria catches up with you and introduces herself.

But there isn't much time to get acquainted. A wrong step on loose ground triggers another small collapse, as the ground beneath several groups gives way due to lack of support.

You're choice here: Reflex save DC 19 to stay above, or just fall down and use the Safewing Emblems or another ability to slow down. Having you guys climb down would take checks in a skill I don't think everyone has a good modifier in, or expend actually useful resources you guys may be needing.

I'll be getting Photoshop access later tonight, and I'll put up a map marking both group's locations when I get to that computer.

Edit: NPCs who you want to remain behind will be safe from the collapsing ground, presumably they will be near the base camp. I've also taken the liberty of assuming you each grabbed Safewing Emblems, so you don't need to state it unless you want to use yours.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:53:10 PM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »

Haar was shocked for a moment that he met someone else to actually bothered to learn Goblin, but was also pleasantly surprised.

In Goblin:
[spoiler]"I noticed quite a few things. For one, his dragonmark seems a little off. I think he's trying to make it seem as if he is a higher ranking member in his House, with a more powerful gift. He also seems to be less than concerned about the fate of his master. However, considering how much Harlbrek charges for lessons, I can't blame him for wanting to get his money's worth."[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 04:03:51 PM by Rayth Molba »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »
[spoiler]
1d20+8=27[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 04:07:17 AM »
As the ground collapses underneath our intrepid heroes, the elf's balance not only wavers, but becomes undone completely. She falls with the rubble, though magically slowed by the Safewing Emblem affixed to her cloak.

The gnome, who was hovering and thus unaffected, nonetheless reacts to his companion's unfortunate turn of events and begins flying down after her. He is visibly distressed by the circumstances.

[spoiler]Zil:
Reflex save- 1d20(8)+2=10[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »

Haar was shocked for a moment that he met someone else to actually bothered to learn Goblin, but was also pleasantly surprised.

In Goblin:
[spoiler]"I noticed quite a few things. For one, his dragonmark seems a little off. I think he's trying to make it seem as if he is a higher ranking member in his House, with a more powerful gift. He also seems to be less than concerned about the fate of his master. However, considering how much Harlbrek charges for lessons, I can't blame him for wanting to get his money's worth."[/spoiler]
Goblin:
[spoiler]Perhaps. I would take a very careful look at that "map" if I were y-[/spoiler]
Whoa!

The ground collapses below Riugonth's feet, but his fall is immediately slowed.
Good thing we had those Emblems, eh? he says with a grin as the others float down around him.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:32:06 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
"Hey, I finally caught up with you all. Sor... What the!?" As the ground gives way so too does Maria's composure, a short scream is let fly before her emblem kicks in to steady her fall.