Author Topic: War-Marked: Cross-posted from GitP  (Read 1001 times)

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
War-Marked: Cross-posted from GitP
« on: September 23, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
Doctor Rocktopus asked that I post this on BG to expand the viewers and get a more Min/Max perspective on the concept.  I helped with the Marks some small bit.

The Penny Dreadfuls present:
The War-Marked, a key portion of the 3.52 fix set for D&D 3e.

The Class Chassis
The Marks, as currently stand (Some footnotes are NSFW)

The Theory:
    In practice, fighter is often a single-target build. Laid around one concept, locked in completely, and possibly destroyed as an effective combatant by the troubles of poor feat selection and esoteric source support. Worse, even on a good day, fighters have core problems that cause them to compare unfavorably to the majority of other classes in the game. So rather than a traditional fighter replacement, we've opted to create a class that fills its design niche in a different way.

Our goal is to provide a comprehensive and very different option, reliant on packages of pre-picked passive buffs and abilities designed to offer something reliable, useful, and excellent for all comers. Ideally, our balance point is, unusually enough, the sorcerer rather than the warblade. We've tried to indirectly provide power boosts to all the melee classes, but right now, that's a secondary goal.

The Core concepts:
    The core idea is the idea of a mark, a single set of synergistic and fundamental abilities, similar to what might have previously been referred to as a kit in other editions. Each mark is relatively powerful, but works best when used with other marks in a careful and tactical way. Right now, I'm too tired from swine flu to offer a better explanation. Hopefully, our extensive work speaks for itself.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?