Author Topic: Rising Above (A Summoner's Guide to the Upper Planes)  (Read 20179 times)

Optimystic

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Rising Above (A Summoner's Guide to the Upper Planes)
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 08:09:21 AM »
I too love Bralani (Wind Walls and Blurs for everybody!) but Leonals are also way up there. Who wouldn't love cone-shaped Holy Word roars at will? Like Dismissal on steroids!
Exiled from The Playground

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
Any updates?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Gnorman

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • I'm a monster. Rawr.
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »
Work has commenced.

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »
Good to see this developing. As an FYI, I recommend checking the errata for the older MMs. For instance, astral devas and solars lost polymorph and gained change shape instead, and solars get power word stun 1/day instead of at will (it was listed under both). In fact, most creatures that had polymorph as an SLA lost it and (usually) gained alternate form or change shape in it's place.

Looking forward to seeing the completed work. I played a good variant malconvoker for a short campaign, so I'll see if I can find my notes for what summons worked well. I remember packs of mustevals being funny just for their magic missile spam, and packs of three-headed leskylors could drop some OK aoe-damage with their breath weapons.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

Gnorman

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • I'm a monster. Rawr.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »
Good to see this developing. As an FYI, I recommend checking the errata for the older MMs. For instance, astral devas and solars lost polymorph and gained change shape instead, and solars get power word stun 1/day instead of at will (it was listed under both). In fact, most creatures that had polymorph as an SLA lost it and (usually) gained alternate form or change shape in it's place.

Looking forward to seeing the completed work. I played a good variant malconvoker for a short campaign, so I'll see if I can find my notes for what summons worked well. I remember packs of mustevals being funny just for their magic missile spam, and packs of three-headed leskylors could drop some OK aoe-damage with their breath weapons.

Good catch. Will fix immediately.