Author Topic: Pimp my imp?  (Read 1186 times)

bradywan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Pimp my imp?
« on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »

Thanks for all your help with my drow ultimate magus thread, on to my familiar!  My dm is doing me a solid and giving me an imp familiar at level 5.  What is the best way to trick the little guy out?  Using the 3.0 rules from Tome and Blood, enhance and fortify familiar spells can be made permanent, but what after that?  Can familiars have templates? Can I change dodge and weapon finesse, what two feats would you pick?  Is there any worthwhile info in the fiend folio of fiendish codex books (I don't have em)?  I'll be putting ranks in UMD, and once I enter ultimate magus I'll be ok there.

What about dragon magazine or third party material?  I want a mean little imp >:D

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Pimp my imp?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 03:34:31 AM »
Probably the best thing would be the Combat Familiar feat, or something to that effect, from the PHBII.  It lets your tiny familiar attack things without having to enter their space, thus preventing the inevitable attack of opportunity.  Have it fly invisibly above it's target.  Sting and then 5-ft step up, out of the creature's reach (unless it has reach of some sort).
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread