Author Topic: Former deity psion, how to build him?  (Read 3881 times)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Re: Former deity psion, how to build him?
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »
I also remember someone (Tempest Stormwind or Radical Taoist, I think) calculating that the lost power points from the 5 missing manifester levels in the Metamind progression were actually more than you could easily spend during the Font of Power. You don't get infinite power points from FoP (without using Temporal Regression cheese), you get 10 rounds of free power points. You still can't break the manifester level cap on how many you can spend per power. The lost 5 manifester levels provide you with more power points than you could typically even burn through in 10 rounds.

I have the manifester levels for this character though, it's about the opportunity cost of the 5 levels of psion to fill in the holes. And did that include Schsim/Quicken/Twin/Chain and however you get ML 60(afb)?

Samb

• Curious George
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
If breaking action economy is your game then synchronicity, twin power, temporal acceleration, linked power should be in that combo.

No real wording on if linked power triggers in temp accel but since it is not specifically excluded like schism I would say yes.  It should be easy to break action economy while in temp accel but you can't do anything while there.....

My personal favorite abuse is with cognition thief and thrallherd (as a seer).  Cognition thief with practised manifest gives you access to telepath powers including chiurgery. Then you have free access to all seer powers (some of which allow you to duplicate other spells/powers), 8 telepath only powers, and a thrall that you can get powers from (and not pay XP on).  Getting PLAs like read thoughts at will is a great bonus as well.  

Samb

• Curious George
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
Ok the easier combo is simply synchro, twin power and font of power, but that does require some rule lawyering to work.  In particular: what is a readied action and how many can you have in one round.  Synchro lets you pick your the triggers for the readied action "on the fly" so the trigger could be on the same turn that you manifested it.

So twin power synchro ad nauseum to gain infinite readied actions, then use a few hundred readied actions to sygian bolt (or some other debuff) till the target is at lvl 1, entangled, confused and stunned then finish them off with an energy ray or something. 

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 03:58:43 AM »
Ok the easier combo is simply synchro, twin power and font of power, but that does require some rule lawyering to work.  In particular: what is a readied action and how many can you have in one round.  Synchro lets you pick your the triggers for the readied action "on the fly" so the trigger could be on the same turn that you manifested it.

So twin power synchro ad nauseum to gain infinite readied actions, then use a few hundred readied actions to sygian bolt (or some other debuff) till the target is at lvl 1, entangled, confused and stunned then finish them off with an energy ray or something. 

Right...that was my infinite combo with the metamind, but you need temporal reiteration to make it work otherwise your font of power will still run out. It's one minute but temporal acceleration rounds are real rounds for you.

It really works like this...which isn't much different than what you said.

Manifest temporal acceleration (you can even do this as an immediate action with anticipatory strike).

Manifest a linked synchronicity to a synchronicity (augmented of course); I use linked power because I like it more in general than twinned power, but either one is fine.

use your move action to regain your focus (because of course you have psionic meditation).

use your swift action to manifest temporal reiteration, which will keep the temporal acceleration and font of power active.

before your next round use the synchronicity action to manifest synchronicity again.

Repeat...

basically you will get an extra synchronicity every turn; use each synchronicity to manifest synchronicity until you are done.

(with temporal reiteration will you even need to use your synchronicities to re-manifest themselves? Won't the temporal reiteration keep each one active?)

Basically, once you have readied infinite actions don't manifest temporal reiteration that turn, which will cause the temporal acceleration to end and you now have infinite standard actions to do whatever you want with  :D

*I would suggest using crystal shard to attack, not energy ray, since it cant be resisted. ALSO, make sure you have psychic scimitar or some weapon you can use to make melee attacks because your enemy could be something like the tarrasque which will cause all your rays, bursts, cones, lines etc to reflect, so youll need to attack something like that in melee. You'll hit any enemy on average 1 out of 20 times no matter what your attack bonus is and since you have infinite actions you don't have to worry about the odds. Also if you augment the psychic scimitar with your power link shards you should easily get some damage past almost anything's DR.

To answer your question about the 60ML

its only effective 60 ml 3/day, power link shards (magic of eberron) augment a chosen power +2 pp 3/day each and they stack with each other.

If your ML is 20 it will effectively be 60 up to 3/day when you choose to use them.

Now, no DM is going to allow this...therefore...you'll simply have to do it without temporal reiteration.

You can still get a lot of actions doing it without infinite power points, probably over 20...and if you cant beat your enemy in one round with 20 standard actions...well then... :(

Though your DM may not like this either. You can always make the argument that the character still has limits because you'll eventually run out of PP. Besides, its only something you should do against a really formidable foe.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:12:46 AM by Azrael »