Author Topic: Extradimensional Space Interactions  (Read 1332 times)

Redeemer of Ogar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • My wife's art page:
    • Email
Extradimensional Space Interactions
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
Does a Bag of Holding (or Hewards Handy Haversack, for that matter) explode and create a rift when pulled into a Rope Trick spell?  I see so many people talking about Rope Trick being a great spell for wizards at higher level - do they not have Bags of Holding to carry their loot, or is the explosiveness not as pervasive as I believe?

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Extradimensional Space Interactions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
The rules do say it might be dangerous, but I think the sage is right. Ignore that reference, since it doesn't improve the campaign at all, and is just a pain in the ass when your wizard can't use magnificent mansion without leaving all his gear outside.

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
Agreed, any time this came up in a campaign I was running or played in we just ignored that rule.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 02:00:57 AM »
Does a Bag of Holding (or Hewards Handy Haversack, for that matter) explode and create a rift when pulled into a Rope Trick spell?  I see so many people talking about Rope Trick being a great spell for wizards at higher level - do they not have Bags of Holding to carry their loot, or is the explosiveness not as pervasive as I believe?

Note that only the Bag of Holding and the Portable Hole have that ability. I treat it like a Staff of the Magi and Staff of Power: because they are the only mention of this interaction, only the Bag and Hole ever do this, even with spells that mention such risks (because the spell doesn't call out specific items here).

RAW, HHH and Rope trick cannot create the bomb. Neither can a Belt of Many Pouches and a Bag of Holding.

[spoiler][/spoiler]