Author Topic: Eyes of the Lich Queen [D&D 3.5 Eberron]  (Read 24370 times)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen [D&D 3.5 Eberron]
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 12:46:22 AM »
Alright, let's see...

1) Human/Goliath/Dragonborn Fighter Dungeoncrasher of Doom
2) Kalashtar Ardent
3) Human Hexblade/Binder/Paladin of Tyranny (something to debuff the shit out of enemies)
4) ...Shifter Druid!?

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
I'm looking mostly at a warforged unbreakable. I'm not the most optimized builder so I doubt I could pull off anything to break the game if I tried.  If Venn would like in as unbreakable, I can find something else to build. I just want to play.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »
I'm not in the running to play, only if there weren't enough people. If that were the case, I'd love to try the Unbreakable, but there are other options as well (Never tried a Psion before, and there are plenty of other classes I've yet to try as well).

Still, count me out so other people get the chance to play.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 10:25:05 PM »
Interested in playing a Gnome Sorcerer who is incredibly paranoid.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
Funny, I'm currently playing a Gnome Warlock who's incredibly paranoid in Fall of Sharn...
>_>

<_<

(ps: It's fun to play a paranoid character! :D)

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2009, 11:26:54 PM »
Funny, I'm currently playing a Gnome Warlock who's incredibly paranoid in Fall of Sharn...
>_>

<_<

(ps: It's fun to play a paranoid character! :D)

Just out of curiosity, hs is paranoid with what?  :twitch

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
My character? I suppose he's got plenty of reason to be paranoid: basically worry that someone's out to get him and will pop up to kill him at any moment- those whose power he took, people he's generally pissed off, oh, and whoever's behind dropping half of Sharn on top of the other half.  :P

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »
If there is still a spot open I would be interested in giving it a shot.

I was thinking about playing something I've never played before, a Binder or a Totemist, or a DFA.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Certainly! I haven't chosen anyone yet, so you're welcome to make a character.

On another note, I might have the flu. Possibly the swine flu, I don't know. Just my luck, isn't it?

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »
Certainly! I haven't chosen anyone yet, so you're welcome to make a character.

On another note, I might have the flu. Possibly the swine flu, I don't know. Just my luck, isn't it?
Swine flu doesn't seem at all worse than other flu. Don't worry. (I hope :))

Thinking about a Dragonborn(Wings) Whispergnome DFA. I'm not 100% set on the Whispergnome, due to the Cha penalty.

I'm assuming if it's called Eye of the Lich Queen then it features lots of undead? I was thinking about trying to make (eventually) extensive uses of charming and diplomacy to get free allies, but that won't work against undead - and will require decent Cha.

Dusk Eclipse

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
Just a question Is Ur-priest for consideration? or I shoot my build idea down the drain?

Since it is in eberron I supponse It doesn't mater if I am a Neutral Ur-priest right

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 05:07:56 PM »
Thinking about a Dragonborn(Wings) Whispergnome DFA. I'm not 100% set on the Whispergnome, due to the Cha penalty.

I'm assuming if it's called Eye of the Lich Queen then it features lots of undead? I was thinking about trying to make (eventually) extensive uses of charming and diplomacy to get free allies, but that won't work against undead - and will require decent Cha.

While there are undead, it's by no means the focus of the campaign, so feel free to do whatever you like.

Just a question Is Ur-priest for consideration? or I shoot my build idea down the drain?

Since it is in eberron I supponse It doesn't mater if I am a Neutral Ur-priest right

Ur-priest is fine. As long as it's kept within reason, you know? I can always adjust the campaign if I find it's not strong enough to keep up with the party. Neutral's fine too.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:58 PM »
Hmm, after reading all the guides for DFA I'm somehow deterred. The reason being the disgusting amount of paperwork you might have to do - tracking who is engangled,  how long which lingering effect might take, which enemies might take how many d6s of which damage every round. It all seems very difficult - at least for me, tracking conditions is a pain.

So maybe I'll switch to a Iajutsu focused Factomaleon, well a factotum with aspirations for chameleon. I would probably just be human for that, or Changeling, but I know nothing about those. Of course this requires that web-enhancements are allowed... A factotum without FOI isn't quite complete.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
Still not sure what I'm going with, I'm up for filling any role needed really :)

Ideas include:

1) Wizard
2) Psion (Shaper)
3) Psion (Kineticist)
4) Totemist
5) Swift Hunter Archer
6) Master of Shrouds
7) Factotum

Will this be an undead heavy campaign? (if you don't mind me asking)

EDIT: Nevermind, missed that you already answered that.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

tallan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2009, 01:38:21 AM »
I'm most of the way done with an unbreakable warforged. Hardly optimized,(I wouldn't mind some critique and help on it), but I like the concept.
I'm not sure how warforged body feats would interact with the class.
Deep in the tomb of indelible gloom, an angel waits to die.
High on the peak, where only fools seek, a dragon tried to get high.
To which one we go, well f*ck if I know, the point is to question why.

tristanayres

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:41 AM »
Hey all this would be my first attempt at Pbp (although I have read quite a few on the retired board) assumeing that the running for PC's is still open I'd like to toss my hat in the ring.

one of the dragonblooded races (silverbrow probably assuming its not a complete underdark campaign) humans=no darkvision)
Bard, along the dragon fire insp line to help fortify the party dmg wise on the lower levels, then possibly into dread comando, or sub chord depending on how the rest of the party ends up. Thats my idea anyway I'm certainly open to suggestions from potential party though

EDIT  I guess I chose to omit the 5-10 lvl part looks like I'd be straight bard, possibly one level in Mindbender Prc if you agreable on the telepathy ability allowing me to convey all my Bardy music goodness to my allies w/o having to sing outloud (not much of a mechanical bonus as the melee will probably produce alot of noise but the idea always seemed interesting) if not I guess im singin outloud

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:02:07 AM by tristanayres »

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2009, 04:30:04 AM »

EDIT  I guess I chose to omit the 5-10 lvl part looks like I'd be straight bard, possibly one level in Mindbender Prc if you agreable on the telepathy ability allowing me to convey all my Bardy music goodness to my allies w/o having to sing outloud (not much of a mechanical bonus as the melee will probably produce alot of noise but the idea always seemed interesting) if not I guess im singin outloud
In my campaign a PC took the Subsonics feat to make this work, although there may have been some other benefits.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »
Any Chance your Still looking for players, if so I can have somthing up as soon as you need it. Also, I can play any class your missing.

tristanayres

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »
I had initially thought about Subsonics to accomplish this but out of combat Telepathy just has too many utility uses to be ignored. Though barring that Subsonics would get me the basic idea I was looking for without much problem.

Thanks for your time

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 01:06:24 PM »
Ok, factotum questions:
Can I use retraining? I would like to have Able Learner before level 9, but it's an absolutely wasted feat for the first 8 levels (as Factotums gain all class skills anyway). So I would have to take an expendable feat at level 1 (perhaps FOI, or Improved Initiative).

I take it Iaijutsufocus IS ok? It won't be a damage king anyway, especially since without flaws the Inspiration Progression is quite slow. And I need to take EWP, and want to take Imp. Init and Knowledge Devotion. So no FOI before Lvl 6 :).

Can I emulate Spellslots with UMD? This is sort of a late feature, since the checks are quite hard, but does allow some nice things with Runestaffs, like getting full CL on the spells cast from the runestaff. (The key, obviously, is emulating a "Class feature". But the wording is a bit unclear on the matter.)

Since this is Eberon, will action points be in? And how do they work? I'm an Eberron noob, so.... The SRD version sounds a bit overpowered.