Author Topic: Team Evil: IC Thread  (Read 5734 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Team Evil: IC Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 10:26:32 PM »
Mann swats at the mist with a stick, looking about for a relatively safe path out, while Blest shifted into a dusky mephit, the better to explore the smoke with, and commenced poking his nose into everything.
"Anyone see a good way to go? Staying much longer doesn't seem wise."
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »
Sev watches the mist grab for the casters with apprehension. "Creepy smoke, huh? Y'know, I'm starting to think that breathing this stuff might not be the best thing we've ever done."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 12:01:00 AM »
Paaras watches this, then summons his mind blade again to see if the mist reacts to the psychic energy.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »
Paaras watches this, then summons his mind blade again to see if the mist reacts to the psychic energy.

The mind blade seems to warp slightly, then snaps back to its natural state as the mist reaches towards it.

Knowledge: Arcana/Psionics checks.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
"Do you still have those masks, Gnome? Now might be a good time to put them to use." Kanatash informs with the small spellcaster while he readies his sword for any possible enemies.

[spoiler]Concentration check to become Psionically Focused (auto-success), forgot about that :P[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:03 PM »
[spoiler]
Know: Arcana 19
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »
Sev takes a moment to focus his own mental energies before the last comment catches his attention. "Oh, we have proper masks? Guess we won't be needing the clothes off that corpse, then."

[spoiler]Taking 10 on a Concentration check to become psionically focused.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 03:34:40 AM »
[spoiler]K(Arcana) (1d20+15=35)[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 11:14:23 PM »
[spoiler]K(Arcana) (1d20+15=35)[/spoiler]

Though the fog bears sinister chills, it's nature is a practical one. The mist exists to reconstruct the damage dealt to the manifest zone. Spells and other magical effects attract its attention.

Despite how it may sound, it does bring a threat with it: Casting spells can bring about unnatural happenstances, so its best to show some digression when flinging them around.

Mechanical: The mist is indeed a Lingering Evil (BoVD). However, it's mixed with the manifest zone's power to produce a near-demigod-level Living Spell that reacts to magical effects. Certain spell descriptors have a percentage chance of bringing unnatural creatures into existence (it acts as a Summon Monster or Summon Nature's Ally spell, but the creatures summoned gain the Psuedonatural template from CArc). Trial and error is the only method of discerning what triggers it.

It lacks sentience or intention; the creatures summoned act on their own accord, independent of the caster who's spell triggered the effect or the Living Spell itself. In a way, the fog is a living creature that projects a Wild Magic effect into the area around it.

Currently, Transmutation and Abjuration spells have yet to trigger it (Greater Magic Weapon/Fang, Anticipate Teleportation). Same goes for the Mind Blade. They draw it's attention but no effects have triggered, so either they don't trigger the ability or you guys got lucky.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 11:43:43 AM »
"Hmm, the mist reacts to magic, but of which School..perhaps if conjuration or necromancy was attempted..."
Mann glances around at the others, "Or, maybe we should get out of here before messing with it. Or before it messes with us."
Letting Blest scout ahead as a mephit of smoke, Mann awaited his familiar's indication of a reasonably safe exit route.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 12:39:15 PM »
"Hmm, the mist reacts to magic, but of which School..perhaps if conjuration or necromancy was attempted..."
Mann glances around at the others, "Or, maybe we should get out of here before messing with it. Or before it messes with us."
Letting Blest scout ahead as a mephit of smoke, Mann awaited his familiar's indication of a reasonably safe exit route.

The familiar flies towards the southwest, keeping an eye on the party and alerting you via empathetic link if danger comes near.

Those interested in finding loot can make Search checks. If you just want to skip to the first encounter, let me know and I'll post the combat thread.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »
"Looks like that way's alright." Mann walks towards his familiar, not intending to remain here longer than necessary.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2009, 01:43:04 AM »
"Uh, yeah, let's not try to provoke the malevolent fog." Sev trots off after Mann, taking a position slightly behind and to one side of him.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2009, 02:45:05 AM »
"Yes, there's no need to linger here any longer than necessary." Kanatash nods as he follows his fellow survivors, taking a position slightly behind Mann and next to Sev.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 04:09:24 AM »
Paaras sees his companions are leaving and quietly gets up to follow them.
Notes to self

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »
Wehn the gnome catches up witht he rest of the group, he is already wearing a filter mask, mysteriously produced from some pouch on his body. He is holding four more in his hand, but he seems to make no effort to give any of them to anyone else until asked for them. Come down. Scout ahead. The small dragon grumbingly complies, swooping down uncomfortably close to Kanatash's head and flies some sixty feet ahead of the party.

[spoiler]Gnome tells his familiar to scout ahead while remaining within telepathy range. Same deal as before - he'll keep making perception checks and noting the type and Int of any creature he senses, and of course, relay all info back to the gnome.[/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 11:59:41 AM »
"Thank you." Kanatash grimly says as he takes one of the masks from the gnome and puts it on (the mask, not the gnome :P).

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 01:16:15 PM »
Mann picks one up with a rakish grin, and fits it on. "Wouldn't say no to a good thing, would I?"
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »
Paaras nods in thanks to the gnome, donning the mask.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 03:26:59 PM »
Sev takes the mask and wraps it around the lower half of his face. As he does so, his hat and clothes briefly shimmer and reform into a set of hooded robes that match the mask's cloth, giving the kalashtar an oddly nomadic appearance. A twitch of the mask is the only sign of his characteristic smirk as he raises the hood. "Shame there's no sand around here. I'd fit right in."