Author Topic: Team Indecisive OOC  (Read 20938 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Team Indecisive OOC
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2009, 07:20:18 PM »
Do we know each other beforehand? I think it would probably be easier if we all just sort of formed a party to go searching in the ruins for whatever reason. Would probably expedite gameplay, too.

As for motivations, Haar always wants to learn new tricks of artifice. Since Sharn was originally a goblin-built city, and most of  the early work on the current city was done by goblin slave labor(if I remember right), there could be quite a few reasons for Haar to want to go down there. That, and he's NG, so he's interested in helping people out in their times of need just on an alignment basis.
Well, Riugonth speaks Goblin...

Switched out for nerveskitter.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
Wow, for being the "good" team, we sure do have a lot of cranky, pissed-off characters. :lmao

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »
Well... If you recall, I never wanted the name to be good team.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
You guys just can't make up your minds.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »
Wow, for being the "good" team, we sure do have a lot of cranky, pissed-off characters. :lmao

This team's more of a neutral one than a Good one, last I checked the sheets.

I'd like it if you could elaborate on Sending Stones. Safewing Emblems are just featherfall effects, correct?

Sending Stones were presented in the ECS as items that acted like phone booths 3/day. The MiC applied errata, turning it into an at will item. Sharn had thousands of them set up in various houses and such, but didn't go into detail on how to contact an individual stone. Originally, each stone was paired to another, but Sharn's are all linked to each other and can exclude some or all but one from the conversation, much like modern phones. The main problem is that they were anchored into place and only a select few are able to remove them. The fact that they are here is proof that someone has used them to contact the parts of Sharn that are still floating, meaning that some of the survivors are actively looking for a way to be rescued.

Safewing Emblems are Featherfall items, one use, CL 3rd. Immediate action, unlike the Ring. Cheap too (150gp).

As to your Sense Motive check, who was that aimed at (not that a result of 2 is good enough to reveal much, other than the intent of their shoe laces).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »
It was aimed at the warmage. Hence, why he slid the ring on.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »
Am I picking up anything from detect evil right now? (will make post later)
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2009, 02:24:21 PM »
Am I picking up anything from detect evil right now? (will make post later)

Not from him, but from the hole itself. Lingering Evil down there. He shows no sign of evil.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
Hmm, looks like Taka's been active today, so there shouldn't be anything keeping him from posting. :O

Anyway, could a Knowledge: Arcana check allow for me to identify the type/strength/tier of his dragonmark? We know it's the Mark of Making, but not how advanced it is. Or was that what the roll was for earlier?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 09:46:47 PM »
Hmm, looks like Taka's been active today, so there shouldn't be anything keeping him from posting. :O

Anyway, could a Knowledge: Arcana check allow for me to identify the type/strength/tier of his dragonmark? We know it's the Mark of Making, but not how advanced it is. Or was that what the roll was for earlier?

Normally, it's a DC 20 for Lesser, 25 for Greater, and 30 for Sybris. The roll from earlier showed you that his was unusual, like a mix between Sybris and Greater. Some weren't able to pin down the proper grade. Rayth and Prime both got the rolls.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2009, 10:14:07 PM »
Gotcha. Sindre will be very interested to find out about this, assuming he ever sees this guy ever again, or if those two ever share their information. :D

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »
Would someone with no ranks in Know: Arcana know anything about dragonmarks, or would they just be sweet tats?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »
Knowledge(History) and Knowledge(Nobility and Royalty) also get checks, according to PGtE, though History doesn't get to identify dragonmarks, only knowledge of their history.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »
Huh. I have neither. Still a nice tat.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2009, 11:25:42 PM »
@Generic: Totem Avatar for extra HP/AC is never bad, Worg Pelt is good if you want to be sneakier, Pegasus Cloak would mean no need to worry about the Safewing Emblem, Threefold mask might be useful, etc.

I wouldn't underestimate the usefulness of the Rageclaws, but having Pounce obviously suits your character so I guess it's just one of those choices.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2009, 12:50:07 AM »
Sphinx Claws are just a temporary solution. I get pounce Next level, at Weretouched Master (Tiger) 3. Then, they get switched with a new bind, and I'll get Rageclaws back.

I was actually looking at Totem Avatar. Having a Grey Render show up ontop of his armour would be awesome, and gives me 7 HP and a potential 5 armour.

However, I need to find out what slots my shapes take up. Dragon Tail is either feet or waist, and Blink Shirt is heart. Totem Avatar, thus, can fit on the arms, feet, or shoulders, for some HP and Natural Armour, (I'm not going to be investing much essentia into natural weapons, but Blink Shirt... )

(Also, Next level, I'm binding Totem Avatar to my shoulders. +1 Damage Die Size, or a max total of like 6d6 for some attacks.) But there are better options.

For this level, I can shape Kruthik Claws to my shoulders, and get a +4 to Hide and MS. +2 for each Essentia, so slightly better than Worg Pelt.

Lammasu Mantle might be good. +2 Deflection against Evil (With +1 for Essentia)

Alternately, Wormtail Belt for +2 Natural Armour, with the same essentia deal as above.

If I end up using my Safewing Emblem, I'll probably go for Peg. Wings, If I can slide them into a non-shoulder slot.

So, I think I'll go with WT Belt, and see how it continues.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
This dwarf, as the one who told me to go with the group earlier, is one of the adepts listed as having the Destiny domain on the character sheet. I like the idea that they have some limited prescience without actually having such an ability. Pretty much limited to telling my PC where to go, if it wouldn't otherwise be abundantly clear. :D

Also, can we get the two IC threads stickied so there's no chance of mixing them up with the OOC threads? Just as a precaution.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:18:17 PM by VennDygrem »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2009, 11:24:59 PM »
Come on guys. Let's keep going. We've been waiting since June. I don't know how to integrate our new-comer though.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
I think that's for our newcomer to decide. However, I'd like to maintain a fairly good posting rate as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:45:19 AM by VennDygrem »

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2009, 10:26:46 AM »
Just post stuff, I don't care. I will find you guys sooner or later.