Author Topic: Team Indecisive OOC  (Read 20939 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Team Indecisive OOC
« on: September 01, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
This is for Team Indecisive's unrelated chatter or action discussion.

For ease of reference, link your first post to your character sheet or enclose your sheet in a Spoiler.

And the name's sticking.  :p

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Team Indecisive OOC
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »
I came up with that name. Woo!

In other news, why haven't we started yet?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:36:53 PM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:17:36 AM »
Sindre Vox, Gnome Warlock//Spellthief, ready to kick ass and fake names. :D

His cohort, Zin, Changeling Cloistered Cleric, who serves as Sindre's adviser and confidante.

Along with Zin comes a group of lesser Adepts who left from the same Church as the cleric, all of whom are also Changelings. They aid Zin in prayers and rituals, as well as helping to manage Sindre's day-to-day affairs. (still need to set their daily prepared spells, but that shouldn't be needlessly difficult)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

I'll be posting the IC thread sometime today.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »

So he likes anyone his badger likes? You have +8 Handle Animal, I have +23. My badger now. :P
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
A good question popped up on the Team Evil OOC thread: Did any of our characters know eachother prior to this catastrophe?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »
A good question popped up on the Team Evil OOC thread: Did any of our characters know eachother prior to this catastrophe?
Well, does anyone have history in Aundair and Valenar?
My work

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:51:54 PM »
Let's see if this works.

I don't have any history in either of those two countries. So far, my backstory includes being an Artificer in Sharn, following in the grand tradition of his ancestors, and being scared crapless because of falling buildings. So, I probably won't have any history with other party members, unless we all just happen to frequent the same tavern or something.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »
I think that's just Takanaki left.

EDIT: Your magic items aren't listed on that sheet. And you're an artificer. :twitch In particular, you can't have 20 Int before level 8 without an item.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:06:25 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:12:09 PM »
Unfortunately, I have no idea how eberron works. My character probably hails from... (checks the book...) oh, the Eldeen Reaches. I think.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 08:16:01 PM »
Unfortunately, I have no idea how eberron works. My character probably hails from... (checks the book...) oh, the Eldeen Reaches. I think.
Dude, we used to own you. Give us back our sapient pearwood! :P
My work

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »
My magic items are there; they're in the spoiler blocks. I split them up based on what level I made them at.

Hmm. I don't remember how I got that stat for my Int. Maybe I had it start at an 18, and then put both of my level-up points into it? Would that work? I think that's doable.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »
There's only one level-based bump so far. If it started as 17, then up to 18 at level 4, and a +2 Int item, it could be 20, but I skimmed your items and didn't see a Headband of Intellect on there.
-------------------------

I wrote up a quick overview of Sindre's background. It's on my sheet, but here as well just for reference:
Sindre was born in Zilargo, as many gnomes are, but the circumstances of his younger years remain a mystery. He spent much of his time traveling, primarily in research of ancient arcane tomes and curios. His journeys brought him everywhere from Sharn to Stormreach (as well as further into the depths of Xendrik), and some say even to the outlying planes as well.

It was recently that Sindre was contacted about some business in Sharn, rather mysteriously at that, which brought him to the city not long prior to the catastrophe. Now that Sharn has fallen, it stands to Sindre to find out what events conspired to bring him to the City of Towers on this momentous occasion.
tl;dr - Born in Zilargo, travels a lot, mysterious dealings, etc.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:09:05 PM by VennDygrem »

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
What the hell is sapient pearwood?

Sentient Pear Trees?

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
Hmm. That's odd. Maybe I just used Point Buy to get it up to 20? I don't remember what the Point Buy was for the game, it's been so long since I made the guy. Are you not allowed to go above 18 with Point Buy?

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 09:16:42 PM »
That's the general rule, yes.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 09:29:37 PM »
What the hell is sapient pearwood?

Sentient Pear Trees?
Discworld reference, first book.

Rayth also seems to have a reference to another unmentioned item in his UMD modifiers.
My work

Rayth Molba

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
Rayth also seems to have a reference to another unmentioned item in his UMD modifiers.

Which one doesn't make sense? I just looked through it, and it seems to all make sense, but then again, I'm the one who made it, so I automatically understand it.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 10:21:44 PM »

Which one doesn't make sense? I just looked through it, and it seems to all make sense, but then again, I'm the one who made it, so I automatically understand it.

Rayth's right; The +4 UMD item falls under the level 3 item list. The listing for competence bonuses state that they stack, even with other competence bonuses, unless they're from essentially the same source (two of the same +4 skill item wouldn't stack). Technically, the MW tool for UMD and the UMD bonus item would stack, though that's fuzzy and might need DM ruling. One's a tool to aid in using a skill, while the other is a magic item which enhances skill use, so they ought to stack.