Author Topic: Ema's Dynamic Spell Sheets  (Read 4489 times)

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Ema's Dynamic Spell Sheets
« on: September 01, 2009, 02:03:43 AM »
Does anyone know a way to contact Ema, the creator of Ema's Charsheets.

I have searched the whole of the internets and I still cannot find a spell list as comprehensive as the one's on her site. I think I am fairly confident in saying that their are none (NO crystalkeep is NOT as comprehensive, and neither is the one on the wizards site). For me, not only were these sheets comprehensive, they were well organized very easy on the eyes, and TOTALLY printer friendly!

Anyways, I was naive and figured the site would be up forever so I never bothered to save the pdfs the site constructed for you. I was wondering if anyone else did. Either that, or, does anyone else know how to contact her. I mean, the program that made the dynamic sheets must have been a program of some sorts. Perhaps she will send it to me or post it if I ask nicely.

I have tried every conceivable method of accessing this site, even the way back machine; which fails as soon as you click on the dynamic sheets

Can anyone help.

Dragon Snack

• Curious George
    • Dragon Snack Games and Entertainment
    • Email
Re: Ema's Dynamic Spell Sheets
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 12:18:29 AM »
First, Ema is a guy.

Second, sadly Ema got a little too cocky and got himself a cease and desist letter from WotC.  A lot of people have asked for his files, but last I heard he wasn't giving them out...
Visit my Message Boards (they're strangely familiar) and my Blog...

If you look at the entire history of the RPG industry, you'll see the same, long, sad story: a mountain of conventional wisdom, usually backed by selective listening, that leads to a long chain of failed games and bad ideas. - Mike Mearls

Azrael

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:41:14 AM »
But wasn't the reason his site was shut down completely unrelated to the dynamic spell sheets? So I don't see why he cant just make another site and embed the program again, or just put it up for download...I mean...really...whats stopping him?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:38:56 PM »
But wasn't the reason his site was shut down completely unrelated to the dynamic spell sheets? So I don't see why he cant just make another site and embed the program again, or just put it up for download...I mean...really...whats stopping him?

threat of a law suit from the same assclowns that tried to copyright the words paladin and ranger years ago.

I think the main reason they cared was because he started doing 4e stuff and that was in direct competition with their product. And by competition i mean it kicked the crap out of their pay a monthly fee service for the cost of $0.

I honestly would like his database and engine for creating these things so i could host them on my personal pc for me and my friends, we used them a lot.

I hate you guys. Now that I have had some time to think in my highly medicated stupor, i have decided i could just write an engine to do it and run it through an interface and database. This is going to create a lot of work for me but i think i might just be able to pull it off. Let me do some basic design on it to really see what i need to be able to do and i might be looking for volunteers to do data entry. I don't want to take any until i'm confident that i can do this because it has been years since i coded anything and nothing on this kind of scale.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:00:46 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

QOShea

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 05:58:43 PM »
I have the Druid spells from his site and the Cleric spells to a certain point with the domains of Glory and Sun (I think).

I'm not at home currently, so I can't check the files.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »
I belief I have all of his sheets from around the time of CD, but nothing new or updated since then. :(

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 01:34:32 PM »
I hate you guys. Now that I have had some time to think in my highly medicated stupor, i have decided i could just write an engine to do it and run it through an interface and database. This is going to create a lot of work for me but i think i might just be able to pull it off. Let me do some basic design on it to really see what i need to be able to do and i might be looking for volunteers to do data entry. I don't want to take any until i'm confident that i can do this because it has been years since i coded anything and nothing on this kind of scale.

Just use lots of primary keys?

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
I ended up saving a Psychic Warrior power list that has all the powers on it, but that's all.

bugmenot

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
Well, I haven't a clue as to that site.

However I wrote a java program that can read copy pasted spells from txt files and wrote it into a txt file more suited for computer use

Does only have some books and I'm sure some formatting errors in it. However if people are interested I can post it and the code.

If people are willing to help it shouldn't be to hard to fill in the missing ones.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:23:40 PM by bugmenot »

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »
between work and my obligations at judo i don't have to time to code something like this. I am willing to help as much as i can if someone else is willing to take the lead.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren