Author Topic: Dwarven Gish?  (Read 4068 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Dwarven Gish?
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »
assuming Practiced Spellcaster taken

Just chiming in, but if I read you right you're using Practiced Spellcaster to boost EB. Doesn't work, unfortunately, since Eldritch Blast isn't a function of caster level, it's based on Class Level. Perfectly sane houserule, though.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:45 AM »
assuming Practiced Spellcaster taken

Just chiming in, but if I read you right you're using Practiced Spellcaster to boost EB. Doesn't work, unfortunately, since Eldritch Blast isn't a function of caster level, it's based on Class Level. Perfectly sane houserule, though.

Wasn't this covered in the errata?  SPECIFICALLY to work?  And as for the issues with Smiting Spell, there's always Enlightened Fist that allows you to hold rays, though if you went that route you'd wanna go all out gishmonk (which Divine does better...).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Sommunist

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 12:51:41 AM »
...And as for the issues with Smiting Spell, there's always Enlightened Fist that allows you to hold rays, though if you went that route you'd wanna go all out gishmonk (which Divine does better...).

Actually, I prefer a Psionic Gishmonk.  Monk 1/Psywar 19.  Take Monastic Training (Psywar) at level 1, Talashtora at 3, and enjoy your Kamehamehas from then on.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:42 AM »
...And as for the issues with Smiting Spell, there's always Enlightened Fist that allows you to hold rays, though if you went that route you'd wanna go all out gishmonk (which Divine does better...).

Actually, I prefer a Psionic Gishmonk.  Monk 1/Psywar 19.  Take Monastic Training (Psywar) at level 1, Talashtora at 3, and enjoy your Kamehamehas from then on.

And that, sir, I agree wholeheartedly with :)  Though me being the tricky bastard that I am, would try and find a way to get 9th level powers :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

kurashu

• Donkey Kong
  • K?
    • Androgynous Moose Hippy
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 01:53:59 AM »
*snip Divine options*
Very mechanically sound, but I specifically wanted this character to be arcane.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

It's your best bet for channel spell though. Especially if you could find a way to get Heroes of Horror approved and take Archivist instead of Cleric. Then you could do Archivist 4/Ordained Champion 3/Sacred Exorcist 10/Something 3

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 02:21:54 AM »

And that, sir, I agree wholeheartedly with :)  Though me being the tricky bastard that I am, would try and find a way to get 9th level powers :P

Ardent perhaps???