Author Topic: Need helpd on research  (Read 1551 times)

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
Need helpd on research
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »
This might not be the place but I know most people in this part of the forum have near photographic memories. I coudl have sworn that somewhere I saw levels for playing an elemental. Someone able to point me in the right direction or was it a day dream from too much gaming?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Need helpd on research
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 08:47:59 PM »
Most likely Savage Species. It has a lot of savage progressions, and I'm pretty sure an air elemental was among them, if nothing else.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

stolide

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • The wise man knows he isn't.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:01:40 PM »
There's a build I've seen around for playing a small sized character inside an elemental using that one from the ebberon book and those reserve feats.
My homebrew gaming system: http://quomodo.weebly.com/

Why magic is underpowered in DnD 3.5:http://teneonon.weebly.com/

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »
There's a build I've seen around for playing a small sized character inside an elemental using that one from the ebberon book and those reserve feats.

Tsuyoshikentsu's "I may be tiny, but I'm INVINCIBLE" build, as I recall.

I can also confirm that all four classic elementals are savage progressions.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »

Correct. More precisely, it used Elemental Savant's (MoE) 7th level ability to fuse with an elemental that was summend through use of the Summon Elemental Reserve feat. While inside the elemental, the Gnome is immune to prety much everything, and when it gets killed, he summons another one as a standard action. But I don't think that's what the OP is asking about - as far as I can tell, he wants to be an actual elemental. As Elementals go, the Air elemental's 100 ft. (perfect) fly speed is pretty nice.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

stolide

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • The wise man knows he isn't.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:51:00 PM »

Correct. More precisely, it used Elemental Savant's (MoE) 7th level ability to fuse with an elemental that was summend through use of the Summon Elemental Reserve feat. While inside the elemental, the Gnome is immune to prety much everything, and when it gets killed, he summons another one as a standard action. But I don't think that's what the OP is asking about - as far as I can tell, he wants to be an actual elemental. As Elementals go, the Air elemental's 100 ft. (perfect) fly speed is pretty nice.

I figured as much, but I thought I'd throw that out there incase he like's that idea as well.
My homebrew gaming system: http://quomodo.weebly.com/

Why magic is underpowered in DnD 3.5:http://teneonon.weebly.com/

CustosTheFluffy

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Something witty will one day go here....
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:44 AM »
I DO like the idea. May have to find that build and go with it. Currently in a gestalt game so that would certainely help out. Was kinda at a wall of what class to throw at the elemental progression. This may be the way to solve that. By the way, if anyone else has any other ideas for elemental flavor for a level 12 gestalt character the only real limitation is No Psionics. And of course be able to explain said character
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:41:30 AM by CustosTheFluffy »