Author Topic: [3.5] Half Golem  (Read 5249 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
[3.5] Half Golem
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:12:52 AM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:53:26 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: [3.5] Half Golem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: [3.5] Half Golem
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 11:42:08 PM »
Hm, you're probably right about that. I originally had this at a +2 with SR and some different ability modifiers, but by dropping it to +1 I need to make some other changes. The ability modifiers are a net +4 (compare to Draconic's +6, but this is more focused so we'll call it a draw), so that's fine. The NA could stand to be dropped to 2 (Draconic, again, has just +1, so maybe drop it to that, but it hardly seems like much of a difference), Electricity Healing does need a bit of a rework, say change it to max 15 points. I'd make it per round, but I want to have less bookkeeping involved. The hit points aren't too much (10 for the average Medium creature, meaning that combined with the Con boost you'll come out slightly ahead in HP over a normal character). The DR's probably fine; DR is highly overrated, and past, oh, let's say level 3, 5 points isn't gonna make a whole lot of difference.

This is nowhere near +3, much less +4 or 5. I suppose I'm designing under the assumption that LA buyoff isn't allowed, since I'm trying to make it WORTH losing that level.

EDIT: Looking at Fire-souled, this is nowhere near as powerful. Firstly, Fire-souled grants Leadership. Immunity to stunning and dazing is also pretty nice, as dazing is REALLY hard to get immunity to. Inspiring is OK. Haste is a pretty nice spell to have. And Overwhelming Passion amounts to the ability to shut down enemies like no other, since many encounters RELY on those types of abilities (and if you can find a way to jack the save DC up, even better).

ADDITIONAL EDIT: Upon looking at this, I should specify that I meant electricity healing to HEAL hit points, not cause them to be gained. Don't mean to give out NI hp, if that's what you were objecting to. Consider it fixed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:54:20 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.