Author Topic: Requesting advice on Pathfinder Splatbooks.  (Read 1722 times)

Braithwaite

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Requesting advice on Pathfinder Splatbooks.
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:15:29 AM »
I am going to be playing in some pathfinder society games soon.

I have my core rulebook, and the downloads that come for free off the Pathfinder website. I can afford another of their splatbooks on PDF. What gems are lurking in the different pathfinder gamebooks that would lure me to pick one over another? Is there a crystalkeep-like listing of pathfinder materials anywhere that I could look through enough to go "Aha, the feat I need is in ..."?

I will play a spellcaster. Almost certainly a wizard. I am willing to dip another class if there is a PRC I like. Currently Human Transmuter, Int 20 Con 14 rest 10, Spell Focus Enchantment, Improved Initiative, other feat ??? but that part is open to change. If I made him today he would be Taldorian, but that could change also.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
Re: Requesting advice on Pathfinder Splatbooks.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 04:18:59 PM »
The only real splat book I'm aware of is the Pathfinder Campaign setting. It has a lot of background fluff, but not a lot of crunch, what's there is mostly for non-casters.

Braithwaite

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 11:11:57 AM »
No, I know there are feats and PRCs in Cheliax, Empire of Devils, Dark Markets, a Guide to Katapesh, , Osirion, Land of Pharaohs, Qadira, Gateway to the East, , and Taldor, Echoes of Glory, as well as the campaign setting. I just don't know if any of them are any good.

Treantmonklvl20

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:04 PM »
Being that all the base classes got a power-boost in the official release, I doubt that many pre-existing PrC's are of much value.

However, I think Paizo is planning a flood of new support very soon.  Stay posted.
If at first you don't succeed - maybe failure is your style.