Author Topic: Trader's Dale: To Adventure!  (Read 16682 times)

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Trader's Dale: To Adventure!
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2009, 03:00:35 PM »
Takes advantage of the pause for comparing of notes to scour the room for any complimentary nut trays or similar affairs. If there are none clearly visible he'll exit the room, otherwise he'll pocket a couple of handfuls of freebies before heading on his way.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »
Mevri gestures politely before leaving, and then follows Meepo out, hoping not to be sentenced to execution for saying something wrong or for being accused of giving the captain a funny look.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 01:14:33 AM »
[spoiler]

This is a pretty utilitarian castle. Why would they be so extravagant as to leave free food lying around while their residents are almost starving?

Also, Did anyone pass the knowledge local roll? How many people just looked in the spoiler block anyway?

For future reference, I'd like rolls to be in spoiler blocks, like Bowen. I'd prefer to avoid people just announcing they passed all the checks, and I have no idea who actually looked.

Lastly, can I get a link to Siphoner and Warmage up on the character sheets for which they are represented? (So, Venn and Kaelik, respectively.)

Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2009, 05:55:43 AM »
[spoiler]
Meepo is greeting the captain at this juncture? wierd.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You know, before leaving...[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
[spoiler]Oh, didn't make the knowledge local roll, I just meant I made all the checks for monsters, I assume their weren't and DC 20 knowledge local monsters, since the Goblins weren't in a spoiler block. Also because I forgot that knowledge local actually identifies monsters, since I think that's a stupid rule.

As for making all the checks, I have +11 modifiers for everything else. I took 10.[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »
To everyone, but the first sentence is mostly just to kaelik.
[spoiler]
I assumed you did. I wasn't trying to say you were lying, I just wanted to know who made rolls. It makes it easier for me to understand exactly who knows what. Just annouce you are taking ten in a spoiler block. If you automatically pass, you don't need the results. Also, @Kaelik, I'd like the warmage base class you are using linked to your character sheet, for easy reference.

The knowledge local isn't associated to any monsters. Its associated to the tower. I just wanted to know if anyone tried it. If anyone still wants to...

DuskEclipse, you are gonna have to describe yourself soon. Please, I don't want a player carrying around a shadow for the next 2 pages. Even if you just start talking, and describe only a voice.

Bonus points to anyone who can remember the Chamberlain's name without going back to page 2!
[/spoiler]

The Captain motions to the Chamberlain, and he smiles, bows, and herds everyone who hasn't already left out. He gets all of you in the central courtyard, still with the somewhat small, magical hole in the wall. "Please hurry back. Knowing one of the monsterous problems surrounding the city has been dealt with, violently or otherwise, will remove a great weight from the Captain's shoulders. I suspect that knowing he has a competent team of adventurers to assist him will help even moreso." He motions to the hole. "Quickly, quickly. The magic will have run it's course soon enough."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:26:27 AM by Generic_PC »
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 01:48:24 AM »
Dasrael wastes no time in making a quick exit from the keep, eager to shed some righteously evil blood. Making a quick bow, he marches almost in a sprint out of the castle, making his way out the door with a determined smile on his face before even facing to turn to the group. "Alright, now, what kinds of tactics shall we be employing in this endeavor? I can hold a strong opponent in place, as I was trained to do. If we need a threat to stay, I will be the one to keep them where they stand; I mostly appreciate a quick death to all peons. However, as you can imagine, goblins pose a problem; none really are especially deserving of my special talent, wouldn't you say? Anyone have much experience with them, as I do not?"

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »
[spoiler]I added the link to the character sheet under additional information.

Also, I didn't mean that specific roll, I didn't know it was about, because I just didn't look, having no ranks in knowledge local. I just mean that I forgot that knowledge local does cover monsters, which it does, so I realized I needed to clarify that I identified all the monsters except the knowledge local ones (which apparently weren't there, so I didn't need to clarify, but there could have been.)[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2009, 02:34:11 AM »
In reply, Mevri says:

"I 'aven't got much special experience with anythin' but people, but I've heard the usual stories. Nasty buggers, an' I think I heard they can jus' sort of swarm around ya like the vermin they are. As so, there's likely a lot of 'em, so if we can thin out their numbers before takin' on their leadership, I'd say tha's our best bet. Once their leader's been fell'd, I can't say as the rest'll stick around. We don' want the rest regroupin' and causin' more trouble later, so we ought ta make sure we're in control 'a where they go after that."

Mevri tries awfully hard to make it sound like she knows what she's talking about, rather than making this all up on the spot.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
"I have spells available to disable a small group of enemies and I can provide ranged fire support.

I can also jaunt out of a sticky situation if I really need to, say an enemy that gets too close for comfort."
Meepo adds to the discussion.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
"They break easily enough, we can talk on the way. Let's go!" Maxx reaffirms his grip upon his hammer and marches off to the exit of the keep. After that he has no idea where to go though, so unless someone is in more of a rush than he to lead the way he'll pick a random direction.... "If there's a river on the way I can teach some of you how to swim." He offers quite earnestly.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2009, 12:29:18 AM »
The group slowly follows Maxx, and it only takes one question to get going the right way. The city gate gives way to the looming forest, and the path quickly dwindles away to almost nothing. A burnt out farm house marks the start of true wilderness, where the group begins following hunting trails. The sounds of the forest slowly return to your eyes, and the sunlight slowly dwindles away, making the forest all the more sinister and dark. At around dusk, the forest gives way to a small clearing with a ravine cutting across it. Nothing new, you've seen it before today, apart from the fact that almost hidden by growth, a hole drops sharply into the earth. In the middle of the hole, poking out of the growth that covers it, an obviously well-made, but breaking, watchtower sits. The ground slopes up sharply behind the watchtower, but that isn't what worries you. On the top of the watchtower, at least one goblin is acting as a lookout.

[spoiler]I need initiative! That, and a hide check. Your characters will be maximum 10' outside the clearing. One would estimate it is about 60 or 70 feet from the trees to the watchtower from all directions. One would also estimate that the watchtower ends about 25 feet above the clearing, and goes down into the ground pretty far. GO! [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:51:35 AM by Generic_PC »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2009, 02:50:03 AM »
[spoiler]Initiative: 18
Hide: 15

I love being small sized :)[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2009, 04:13:24 AM »

[spoiler]Initiative: 18
Hide: 6

I hate being big sized! And coated in armor!  :sorry[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2009, 04:17:36 AM »
[spoiler]At least you can take a couple of hits ;)

Why stick with a Chain Shirt though?[/spoiler]

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 07:41:45 AM »
[spoiler]
Init: I am completely unprepared for anything that might happen, ooo a squirrel! 1d20+1=7

Hide: I probably didn't even notice the watchtower yet. Inattentive flaw ftw xD1d20-5=3[/spoiler]

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »
[spoiler]How do you have a -5 to hide? Not that it matters much, since if I don't get anymore rolls, the rest of the group is getting a 6, and you'll fail if you get less than a 50:50 success ratio. [\spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:22 PM »
[spoiler]Initiative and Hide:
Init: 1d20+6=10
Hide: 1d20+3=14

Ugh, not looking so good. -_-[/spoiler]

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 09:14:29 PM »
[spoiler]How do you have a -5 to hide? Not that it matters much, since if I don't get anymore rolls, the rest of the group is getting a 6, and you'll fail if you get less than a 50:50 success ratio. [\spoiler]

[spoiler]-6 Check on my Banded Mail ? : D[/spoiler]

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 11:12:05 PM »
[spoiler]So...
Init/Hide/Spot/Listen/MS:

1d20+4=20, 1d20+4=9, 1d20+7=20, 1d20+7=17, 1d20+4=6

Hatred of Goblins:

1d20+20=37[/spoiler]