Author Topic: Trader's Dale: To Adventure!  (Read 16683 times)

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Trader's Dale: To Adventure!
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
Kel moves forward and casts Dancing Lights, guiding them down the ladder in front of his comrades. (4 Lanterns version, 30ft Bright light, 60ft Shadowy.)

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »
Domina follows behind them, weary of the current situation.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
Meepo follows his companions down into the hole and through the tunnel, comfortable underground due to his ability to see in the dark.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
Thankful for the light, Mevri draws her sword in preparation to make a gob-kabob.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2009, 04:18:07 AM »
Now with a source of light, Dasrael points his polearm down the hallway and starts marching forward. "If you could keep it as far forward as possible, that would be best. We're already alerting anything here to our presence, let's make sure we see them from as far away as possible too..."

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2009, 08:24:55 PM »
As the balls float into the passage, it brightens up. The end of the passage is still unseeable.

Stalagmites and Stalagtites reach for each other all the way down the natural cavern, other than the 15' circle you are in currently. After the circle directly under the trapdoor, the cave drops just slightly. Behind you, the other way, leads into an extremely deep pit, from which a sound similar to grinding gears can be heard.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2009, 09:17:07 PM »
"Ah don' like tha sound 'a tha'..." Mevri says, warily.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2009, 02:57:58 AM »
Dasrael just follows the lanterns down the passage way. He moves swiftly, listening for any sounds and moving at a none too slow pace, hoping the spells can move as fast down the corridor as he'd like them to.

[spoiler]Moving my max speed.
Listen: 5
Damn, IC really hates this charrie...[/spoiler]

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »
True to his Barbarian blood Maxx stands his ground, unwilling to relent in the face of some furry critters whose numbers he can't even be sure of. As far as he's concerned he took a good chunk out of one of them, he would just have to do it a few times more and be done with them all.

He lacks the panache of a Rogue and the smarts of a Wizard but he knows him some combat, so he approaches steadily {Move 30ft} towards the centre of the shaggy beast things to deny them their opportunity to charge him from all angles. Once he's next to a couple of the beasts it's no big surprise what comes next, the muscley fisherman summons up his reserves of power to drive himself into a fiery rage before smacking another one of these moo-cows with his Greathammer.

"RAAAWWRRRRGFHHHHHGGH!!!" he shouts at the top of his voice.

[spoiler]1d20+7=20 to hit with 3 Power Attack
1d12+15=19 Damage
1d20+9=19 Trip Attempt
1d20+7=22 to hit with 3 Power Attack (if trip worked)
1d12+15=24 Damage[/spoiler]

AC: 15
HP: 47

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2009, 03:23:25 AM »
Um... I don't think you understand. Walking towards the middle of the circle would require getting past the big one, and also getting through the 'ring' of them. Essentially, they have young or weak keele inside the ring, while the healthier animals protect against predators. Its a common defense in herbivorous herds with good defensive mechanisms. Below is a rough drawing of what you can see. In that direction, at least.

MAXX

KEELE

RINGRINGRINGRING
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
I kill whichever one I get to first, but im going to wherever that line of them is. I don't mind attacking a healthy one.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »
As Maxx advances, the single Keele he has already hit raises it's giant shaggy head. It makes an unpleasant sound and you can catch the rancid scent of it's breath. "FUUUUUUUUUUUR". It lowers its head and paws the ground, as if preparing to charge. Those giant horns look pretty painful right now.

Maxx lets out a battle... sound, and the beast matches it, louder.

OOC:
[spoiler]
You move forward 30'. This puts you about 10' from the foremost Keele, and about 70' from the ring.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »
(I would have charged it if I had to >_> thought they were much closer and I have already done all the rolls, so add +2 to any to hit roll and I am done for my round after smacking whatever I get to.)