Author Topic: Out of Character and Game Discussion  (Read 10498 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Out of Character and Game Discussion
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
I didn't realize fireball had a range of long. I was too lazy to go check a book, and I was under the impression it would be 25+5/level. I wasn't too worried about it, because ultimately the discussion is pointless. However, the only bits relevant were the first two lines. 4th level was a mistake, as I was too lazy to go check a character sheet. I was under the impression you wouldn't see the goblin because he was probably less than 6 inches out from the ground, sharing a square with a tree, and under a trap door which had been hidden.

My original post, though not explicitly stating you didn't see him, implicitly alluded to it, from this line right here.

... even if you had seen him...

Thus, at least from my standpoint, it was pretty clear you didn't see him and that the spell wouldn't go off. Based on my ultimate judgement, or something. :P

My elf comment was directed to the fact that elves get a free search roll if they go within 5' of a secret door. It was directed to the fact that if you want to try and see goblins popping up 60' away, you can make the check. I'm not going to ask for spot checks when people are doing other things, like in combat. I'll ask the person closest. if you want to make the check too, make it. I'll figure out if it was applicable or what the mods were later. Technically, you are entitled to them, but if I ask for a spot check, you know something is up. Similarly, asking for search checks whenever you get into somewhere that might have a secret door in it, because then people won't advance til' they find one.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2009, 03:51:30 PM »
Bump?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »
I guess we climb down the hole. Sorry, been really busy with class and such lately. Also, I think maybe it's not a good idea to drop a large rock down, in case it breaks the ladder. Assuming there is one.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2009, 02:29:02 AM »
I've been really busy with school as well. I'm finding it hard to even check the forums right now, much less actually post anything meaningful. I think I might just drop this campaign, as I really don't have the energy to be doing it.

Of course, I'll keep running it if more people than just Venn can actually get excited enough to check it, but...
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2009, 02:56:56 AM »
Well, me and Bowen, anyway. :D

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2009, 04:26:53 AM »
I check it daily, I just don't always have enough time to post. I'm still here and willing to progress! But don't kill yourself, if it's gonna become a bitch...

Kaelik

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2009, 04:40:52 AM »
Yeah, I just ran over to the rest of the group, and have been waiting around.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2009, 01:27:58 AM »
Well, if you want to keep going, one of you's gonna have to take the jump. I can tell you, there won't be goblins when you get down. They might be hiding...

There is a ladder though.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 04:49:29 AM »
[spoiler]
To-Hit: 21
Damage: 3

Jump: 20
If he stops hitting/doesn't hit something alive, he'll leap down into the hole.[/spoiler]
I'm a step jump ahead of you.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
Good. Good.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:47 PM »
Before I post again i'd like to know how many shaggy fur things there are about to pound on me if I don't run, Maxx can apparently see them so a number is all I need to make a decision on his behalf.

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »
Maxx can't count them, since the cave is pretty dark. From the rustlings and rumblings, You'd assume there was lots.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »
Is it magical darkness? Because my heartfire cubes have 20 or 40ft illumination

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2009, 02:06:02 AM »
No. All of the ring of beasts would be outside of the bright illumination, and sightlines are restricted to less than 30' anyway, because of various stalagmites, stalagtites and pillars where the two have fused.

My IRL groups has come to hate these beasts, just for reference. They're pretty fast, and take no penalties for 'squeezing' through tight spots, since their hair is easily compressed.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2009, 02:54:41 AM »
Ah, so we will have to deal with the whole bunch of beasties, neh? Fun fun fun...

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »
Artistic interpretation of what's about to kill me:

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2009, 05:01:06 AM »
Artistic interpretation of what's about to kill me:

Well, I know what I want for christmas!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2009, 03:14:32 AM »
A lot furrier than that, but ya, pretty close. Add some crazy minotaur horns to the one thats in your face...