Author Topic: New D&D PbP game in the works.  (Read 7977 times)

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
Re: New D&D PbP game in the works.
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 08:47:53 PM »
Any chance of sneaking a Blue Mage Into your game? If not I would like to reserve a seat for a archivist-->Malconvoker or a burrower. (Uses burrowspeed and spring attack) I have never played any of these but they should be able to hold there own in a battle.

Bumping this for Straw_Man`s great pleasure. Would be nice to know what char I get to play if you want me... In order of wanting: Blue Mage, Archivist Malconvoker, Burrower.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 06:22:27 AM »

Alright guys, AlisAtAn, Slate, Lost_Scholar, JamesWilliamMogle, SixthDeclension and Stratovarius - your in  :D

You are six in number but mighty in deed. As 3rd level adventures you can have a fairly colourful backstory, but you'll obviously need world details to finish it up. I'll request a child forum for the game which will be titled The Thousand Kingdoms: the Tragedy in Green. More history and world specifics will go there.

Look forward to playing with you all soon. Good gaming!
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 06:23:42 AM »
Any chance of sneaking a Blue Mage Into your game? If not I would like to reserve a seat for a archivist-->Malconvoker or a burrower. (Uses burrowspeed and spring attack) I have never played any of these but they should be able to hold there own in a battle.

Bumping this for Straw_Man`s great pleasure. Would be nice to know what char I get to play if you want me... In order of wanting: Blue Mage, Archivist Malconvoker, Burrower.

Give me a day or two too read it. If I feel the need to tweak it, would you be averse to working on that by PM?
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 09:34:25 AM »
Sure. Although I reserve my right to change to Malconvoker if you give it a hard time  :D

Also, what system are we using for stats? A Blue Mage would get killed fairly quick in a 25point buy. It needs... 2 stats for casting, max con and dex to survive all those spell blasts...

Umm... LA buyoff? I always sneak in a 1LA template if I get the chance. Makes for good flavour
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:52:11 AM by AlisAtAn »
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Slate

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:34 PM »
In order of preference and subject to what the group needs (I do tend to play nice with others, usually being 'da cleric' or whatever else is needed)

1) Cleric going into Sovereign Speaker - I really want to have a lot of domains.  A lot.  I think it will be fun.
2) A goblin (yes goblin) mad alchemist leaning towards master thrower.  I am going to be chucking alchemist flasks, thunderstones, tanglefoot bags, smoke sticks, holly berry bombs etc.  like it's my job. 
3) Half-Orc Fighter 20 (inc ridicule!) - Trust me, the build is pretty solid for a wall of meat that hits pretty hard and can handle a variety of situations including non-combat.
4) Multi-classed monk tank.  I know what I said and I said what I meant.  Definitely have a decent build for it, monk comes in later though.

So that's a lot of options for the group although I personally want to play #1 most and assume the group is going to need the healer role covered.  I know healing is suboptimal etc.  DMM persist mass lesser vigor should cover that fine and the rest of the character won't be persist cheese because I don't roll like that.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 05:03:31 PM »
Strawman: Can I take Thematic Spell from Player's Guide to Faerun?  Also, have you worked out a setting?

Lost_Scholar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 05:17:48 PM »
Possible ideas for play:

1) Druid 20 focused on summoning and party support
2) Some combination of lockdown/ dungeoncrasher/mediant esc character.
3) Beguiler going into SCM
4) Maybe a bard buffing/support
"Violence is not the answer, it is the question. And the answer is yes"-a friend.
Vand Merrilin, Lesser Deep Gnome Beguiler 2

Slate

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 05:24:37 PM »
You know the coolest part so far is that just about everyone wants to play something totally different from everyone else.

Bodes well for group interaction  :)

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »
Lost_Scholar: Never thought of Bards as buffers... What progression would you use? Curios about this. Would be cool to see in play... ;)

Lost_Scholar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 07:36:45 PM »
Thinking maybe a combination of inspire courage optimization and dragonfire inspiration, and possibly sublime chord/warweaver, could be trickey to do. Maybe  something like bard 9/warweaver 1/ sublime chord 2/ warweaver +4/ s.c. +4 as a rough build...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:52:28 PM by Lost_Scholar »
"Violence is not the answer, it is the question. And the answer is yes"-a friend.
Vand Merrilin, Lesser Deep Gnome Beguiler 2

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
I'll play anything really, but I'm leaning towards the following

Combat focused druid, maybe with a monk dip
Dragon Shaman
Everyday meatshield, maybe ToB, maybe Barbarian
Necromancer Cleric

But really I dont care what I play.

EDIT: And drop a line in at the current games thread, Straw_Man.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:56:04 PM by SixthDeclension »
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »
So, whats your judgement on fun things like LA buyoff, flaws, traits and the like? Personally I feel its not really a CO game without `em... But thats just me.  :D

Also, some general info regarding char creation would be nice. How we determine stats, wealth level etc. Itching to make the char. When do we start? You said 15th earlier but I dont see us making that deadline... Monday?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:36:35 PM by AlisAtAn »

Slate

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2008, 09:49:56 PM »
I noticed we have our own PbP forum up, woot woot!

Thanks Strawman!