Author Topic: Report any problems  (Read 14493 times)

something random

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: Report any problems
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
I have made several posts in the past including at least 2 today but i can not see a new topic link and my post count says 0
EDIT: when i made this post my post count when up to one and the new topic link appeared
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:17:01 PM by something random »
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2010, 05:32:35 AM »
Certain areas of the forum do not contribute to post count.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2010, 09:39:47 AM »
I think anything marked as the Playground and PbP areas won't count your posts.

Having made the post here, it triggered your post count.  Yeah, some of the minutia here is confusing.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

bananaphone

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »
Im glad I checked this topic.  Had no idea about not being able to open a new topic if you've just registered.

kudaranai

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2010, 04:40:47 AM »
I cant seem to find a way to start a new post/thread.., whatever the name is. I can just reply to others..
how and where do i do that?

thanks.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
You should be able to now.  You have to have at least one post to be able to start a new thread.  Also, note that the Playground forum doesn't add to your post count.  I think it's to limit spambots, but I'm not sure if that's why they have this limitation.

There really should be a message somewhere on the boards or even the sign-up page so that people know this without finding the right thread topic.  This seems to be asked at least once a week.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »
I guess newbies these days are rather enthusiastic about starting new threads, I never even realised there was such a rule for most of a year.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 01:25:54 PM »
I guess newbies these days are rather enthusiastic about starting new threads, I never even realised there was such a rule for most of a year.
The rule wasn't always there - it was put in place to stop a new wave of spambots.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »
Well, in that case is it possible to add a notice to post something in the introductions thread in the registration standard email or something?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2010, 02:48:29 PM »
Got this from one of my players:

Funny story, I found myself playing around with the settings for my BG-account roughly 12 hours ago and at the moment I can't access the site while logged in due  to "Template Parse Error!". Since the fourth of July is coming up up I more or less expect the game to go slow for now, if nothing change for a while you can just NPC Bill untill the problem is over (the error-message says it should only be temporary). If the problem prolongs itself I guess I'll have to come up with another solution.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:08:44 PM by bhu »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2010, 04:27:42 PM »
Theres been some on and off SQL error messages popping up lately, might want to look into them.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

martyr420

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »
You seem to have an odd glitch in your forums, I am a new member and I was not able to search the forums, I kept getting a message that said an error had occurred as I was not authorized to perform a search.. however I posted a request for help and then tried searching again and found that I was able to search... I then went back to delete my help request since it seemed that the problem was corrected, however then I was no longer able to search again... I am guessing you need to have at least one post on the forums somewhere in order to be able to search.. so, I guess this is my post... but might be something to look into....

Cheers

Slaughterhouserock

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Hail to the king, baby.
    • Horror Movie Fans
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 07:01:08 AM »
You seem to have an odd glitch in your forums, I am a new member and I was not able to search the forums, I kept getting a message that said an error had occurred as I was not authorized to perform a search.. however I posted a request for help and then tried searching again and found that I was able to search... I then went back to delete my help request since it seemed that the problem was corrected, however then I was no longer able to search again... I am guessing you need to have at least one post on the forums somewhere in order to be able to search.. so, I guess this is my post... but might be something to look into....

Cheers

You need to make one reply before you can use the search feature or make new topics.  The only problem is, no one can easily find where it says this, so people constantly ask why they can't do these things.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »

Cheers

You need to make one reply before you can use the search feature or make new topics.  The only problem is, no one can easily find where it says this, so people constantly ask why they can't do these things.
The funny bit is when they ask about it the problem always goes away. Mwahahaha.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »
Anybody know why Ruam cant log in yet?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 10:21:44 AM »
http://pastebin.com/KtkNEg9C

Found this when I tried to load the main page earlier, a refresh fixed it, but I think there might be some redirecting going on again. Whatever it is was routed through the Healthcare in Finland page on wikipedia for whatever arcane reason.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Psithief

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »
So I just have to make one post before I can search?

Well let's hope this one counts.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
You really should look at that "Read Me First"
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Psithief

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2010, 05:49:12 AM »
You can't make me!  :lmao

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »
Anyone else noticing the board being really slow? I keep misloading pages without the background graphics and taking 10-20 minutes to load a single page (if it loads at all).

Every other site seems fine.