Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part II  (Read 68783 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941) - Part II
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:40 PM »
As the Doc says this, Max staggers up towards him-- but makes a rapid b-line to the deck rail before puking over the side. His body shakes, as if from being cold.

"I don't feel so good, Doc."
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2009, 03:02:10 PM »
Richard ignores Max, some people just weren't built for war.  "Get us at the dock, I'll scout the area," he yells back at Bones.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »
"I'll cover you."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
Bones gives Richard a thumbs up. He begins to ease his larger boat in on the other side of the dock, and with Pingo and the Kid's assistance he is able to...
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2009, 06:59:52 PM »
Current PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2009, 10:40:42 PM »
Russo stands at the prow ready to help with ropes or just generally make himself useful, he scans the jungle and the few huts and old steeple remembering what he had heard though he couldn't remember who had said about the missionary having something to do with that 'demon' or whatever it was

"any you guys need a hand just shout"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2009, 02:21:17 AM »
Richard gets onto the dock, walking towards the edge of it and looks around for danger.  He knows that the missionary is the demon, at least for all intensive purposes, and he doesn't want to get caught unawares.

[spoiler]
Spot: 21  Doing a sweep.

I rolled a 3.  :P
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 03:01:49 AM »
Richard
[spoiler]The dock is made from cut timbers from the surrounding jungle, and tied into place with cord. It's surprisingly sturdy.

No signs of trouble. You see some basic stone structures. They appear top be pretty old, judging from their general disrepair.[/spoiler]

Doc
[spoiler]Max continues to heave and vomit over the other side of the boat into the water. He's still shaking, and in between hurling you can hear his teeth chattering.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:03:34 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 03:42:37 AM »
Frowning in concern, Loder checks Max's pulse and feels for a fever.

[spoiler]Treat Injury to determine what's wrong with Max (take 10) = 22[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2009, 03:45:21 AM »
Doc
[spoiler]You know what's wrong with him. You've seen these symptoms before...[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2009, 03:48:43 AM »
Loder grimaces.  "Great, malaria...  Max, you hang on, I'm gonna get my kit and see if we can't get you pumped full of drugs."

Loder rushes away to get the medical supplies as quickly as his injured leg will allow.
PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2009, 04:28:07 AM »
Eisen says nothing; the germans beat them here a second time; carving the cannibals might not have had such a promising effect. He'd hope they'd at least be tied. Getting his gear together, and cleaning himself up as they got close, he checked his ammunition, readied his jacket, bag, and rifle as he had during their last friendly exhibition, and went up on deck. As soon as the boat hit the deck, he pounced down, rifle ready, nodding to Richard. Moving slowly, keeping his rifle up, Eisen knows something's wrong. 'Why would they not leave someone behind? A scout? A guard? they must know someone's following by now, do they not have radio contact with base?' He looked around, trying to keep an ear open for the Nazi scum. Whispering to the group on the deck, he cautiously suggests "Be careful, I'm not comfortable with this. Everyone, try not to speak if necessary... it gives us a better idea when there's trouble..." The building at the front of the dock is the most obvious point of attack; Eisen keeps his eye and rifle trained on it, moving slowly forward to investigate...

[spoiler]
Spot (Building 3): 13
Listen: 11
Move Silently: 10

Not loving me much there....[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2009, 05:24:30 AM »
The Sarge nods at Eisen and follows the German and Richard into town, keeping an eye open for any trouble.

[spoiler]Tommygun in hand with 101 bullets (one in chamber).

Tranter and Browning in holsters.

Move Silently: 12
Spot: 27
Listen: 7[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2009, 07:49:26 AM »
Returning with his Medical Kit, Loder rummages through until he finds a syringe and the little vial of Chloroquine.  He measures the dose quickly, but carefully, and then gets Max to lay down on his back.  After injecting Max with the drug, he puts the vial back in the bag and carefully reapplies the syringe's cap.  "You need some bed rest and a proper hospital, Mr. Hawkins.  Unfortunately, your best bet appears to be the village here.  Don't you worry none though, I'll provide 'em with all the medicine you'll need to make a quick recovery.  Once you've recovered, you can either try to catch up with us, or we may be able to swing by on the way back.  I'm gonna go get your stuff, don't go anywhere, alright?"

Loder heads back downstairs to collect Max's personal affects.

[spoiler]Treat Injury (treat poison DC 15 - take 10) = 22[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:51:07 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games

jacemachine