Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part II  (Read 68805 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941) - Part II
« Reply #580 on: July 05, 2010, 06:32:32 PM »
In less than a second Pingo had quickly drawn his machete up and was ready to use it. But he was surprised to find a haggard looking female instead of an apparent enemy. Only after she had fallen to the ground did the hand that held the machete visibly lower in the air. There appeared to be nothing to fear here the cautious Pingo decided. He looked to the other men with an amazed look on his face. It begged the question: Who the hell is this woman?
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #581 on: July 05, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »
Richard quickly shoulders his gun and moves towards the new arrival, kneeling down and checking her vitals.  Under his breath he mutters something about the slow reaction of his companions and how these bloody yanks are acting like they've never seen a woman before.

[spoiler]
Not sure what this would be so am just rolling a treat injury.

Treat Injury: 16
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2010, 12:06:06 AM »
Rose! I took you for dead when you weren't with the others after the attack. How did you survive out here on your own?
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #583 on: July 06, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »
After catching her breath. Rose sits up with a look of surprise and recognition at the sound of a familiar voice, about to blurt something out, but composes herself quickly. Turning briefly to Richard she nods "Thank you, Sir." her British accent becoming apparent and then looks back to Mal. "Mr. Newman, I am very glad to see that you did not end up in a natives cook-pot as well. I have not spent several years working in the Central Americas, without picking up a few things about living in it."

"I can explain more later, but might I trouble one of you for some water? I was not able to find much drinkable water while on the run."
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #584 on: July 06, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
"Ofcourse mam." John says as he reaches for his canteen, still somewhat perplexed by finding these people in the middle of the jungle surviving both the cannibals and that beast, whatever it was.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:31:42 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #585 on: July 06, 2010, 02:02:16 PM »
Richard smiles inwardly.  Finally, another Brit means someone else with a bloody brain in their head, he thinks to himself.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #586 on: July 06, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
The entire time, Eisen seems especially cautious. He had not had the first contact with her, or she would have introduced herself with a rifle barrel to her throat convincing the company she wasn't German. He stays quiet and calm though, eventually going over to Loder again while smirking at Richards look. "Doctor, do you have our next step yet? Where do we go from here? Assuming we beat those bastard nazi's here, I'd like to continue being ahead of them..."

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #587 on: July 06, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
I for one agree with blondy here. I don't know crap about Nazis being about but I do know i don't want to hang around in an area where people tried to cook me.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #588 on: July 06, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
Dr. Loder's eyes were glazed over, like one who was lost deep in thought.  Eisen's question snapped him back to the here and now so suddenly that it took a moment before he could compose his thoughts.  "What's that?  Oh, yes, um...  Right.  These ruins seem to match those described in one of Dunning's letters, which means we're close.  Uh, what we need to look for next is..."  He shuffles through Dunning's letters quickly.  "Ah, we should be looking for mountains.  The city we're looking for is built in a ravine at the base of a mountain."
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #589 on: July 06, 2010, 05:12:25 PM »
"Then may I suggest we get hidden with myself and our resident sniping artist as high as we can get? For watch, of course. We could probably use a proper rest this time, getting at least a bit more sleep in for the majority of the party until dawn..." Eisen looks to the sky as if trying to see how much time they have left. It couldn't have been too long since they left camp investigating, but still. "My name, Ma'am, is Eisen Abendroth. And we may want to stay here, actually, for at least a few more hours to rest and look for our next path."
[spoiler]
How tall are the pyramid structures in comparison to the trees? Is it likely that we could see a mountain via them?

Also, no idea how long you want time to have passed, but I figure it's been two hours or so for this post. Will modify if it's been significantly longer. Just trying to see about avoiding fatigued penalties.  :p[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #590 on: July 06, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
Accepting the offered canteen from John, "Thank you kindly, it is most appreciated.". Rose takes several draws of liquid before handing it back. "Again, thank you Sir."

At the introduction of Eisen, Rose tilts her head confused by the German name and accent, "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Abendroth. A good rest would do...". Rose eyes finally find the gruesome scene stretched on the stakes. Gasping"Dear God!" and averts her eyes. "Those aren't our people are they Mr. Newman?", pointing at the macabre display.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #591 on: July 06, 2010, 07:26:13 PM »
Not in the strictest sense, but close enough for what you mean. I'll see if i can scrounge up any of our other gear while we are sitting here.

I would be appreciative if one of you gents would join me while i look around, just in case that truck on legs rounds back this way or one of the locals wants to try for Mal stew again.

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #592 on: July 07, 2010, 02:35:33 PM »
Pingo waits as usual, watching as everyone talks and talks and talks. Often times he thinks it'd be better if everyone else's tongue was cut off too, then maybe they'd get something done. Everyone is introducing themselves to the woman but he just turns and walks away without bothering to even acknowledge her now that he's deemed she isn't a threat. "Those aren't people"! He can hear her say from behind him. He rolls his eyes as he pulls out his spear to join his machete. She was going to see a lot uglier things before this was over with.

Especially if she hung around with this group. Pingo walked over to each cannibal in turn, stabbing their bodies with his spear to make sure none were feigning death in order to escape. Then using his machete he pulled their tongues out and cut them off. He was thinking of making a necklace that would scare his opponents even more next time he charged them, blades brandished and muted war cry echoing throughout the jungle.
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks