Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part II  (Read 68548 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941) - Part II
« Reply #560 on: April 29, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
"Yeah, but it's gone. Right?" Bones looked towards the newcomer, "Are you okay? Are there any others with you?"
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »
Only other one tried to tear ass out of here after we got free instead of going for the gear with me. Guess you guys didn't see him. He may have been able to get away, i hope so.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2010, 01:32:47 AM »
"Didn't we just sit in our camp, while those cannibals killed that guy? He's the one who said, 'help, us.' right? " the child standing near Bones asked. The Kid poked at one of the fresh cannibal's corpses absently. "Right?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:35:39 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2010, 11:47:25 AM »
"A grizzly in the jungles of South America?  That was no bear."

"yeah but, that's the only thing it could have been, couldn't it?" finally managing to pry his hands off of his gun he jogs up to the rest of the group

"I mean it was big sure but... uh, oh come on no way was that a god damned monster! no fucking way" he looks up reaching Bones' elbow,

"who's this?"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2010, 12:13:08 PM »
Bones turned to face the dark haired stranger. "We just pulled your bacon out of a cannibal cookpot, how's about an introduction fella, and perhaps an explanation on how you came to find yourself in this predicament?" Bones inquired.

"Pingo. You and a couple of the boys, make sure no man eaters are creeping up on us?" 
Current PbP Games

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
I'm mighty appreciative of the help too. Like I said the name is Mal. How I got here well that right there is a story in itself. The short version is I was working security for a group of missionaries and these fine gentlemen, waves his hand toward the bodies strewn about the battlefield, decided to invite us over for dinner one night. If what the kid said about hearing them kill someone then I'm the only person left out of the group. Mal's voice tapers off as he finishes speaking with the end being almost inaudible.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44:04 AM »
Pingo looks around and shrugs, then wanders off his wounds causing him to grimace. He climbs two stairs up to get a better vantage point and takes a look around.

[spoiler]What do I need for a heal check? If I don't have a kit can I just clean and bandage my wounds right? I'll take a negative for not having the kit is what the rules say I think.

Spot (1d20+3=15)[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2010, 05:53:15 AM »
Listening half-heartedly to Mal's story, and not really caring what it is since he's obviously not a nazi, Eisen's mind turns once again towards security. Following Pingo up, Eisen gives a light chuckle. "You were quite vicious in that fight, Pingo. I mus admit, I was not expecting much of you, blindly because of your race. You have proven me wrong, and I respect you more than many other men. It is good to fight with you." Maybe a little harder than he had to, he gives Pingo a warm smack on the back, chuckling a bit more as he continues up the stairs, looking out as far into the darkness as he can to spot anything that looks like a disturbance. His ears on the jungle, he wants to know if the roaring of guns attracted any unneeded attention.

[spoiler]Listen: 28
Spot: 28
Take 20 on each, not like we're particularly pressed for time... yet...[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »
Richard doesn't particularly care about the man's story, and he also knows that the cannibals are long gone.  He goes to investigate where the creature was, seeing if he could learn something about it.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: May 25, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
Pingo nods respectfully back to Eisen and tightens his jaw as the man slaps his back a bit too hard. The wounds sting but Pingo ignores them and quickly signs back to Eisen, "More fight to come. I fight alongside you till death". As the sharp eyed fighter heads up the stairs Pingo relaxes, if anything is out there, Eisen would most likely see it. With that in mind Pingo sits down and begins cleaning and bandaging his wounds.

[spoiler]My Treat is a four but I have no kit so I receive a negative five, thus I'll just roll a d20 and minus 1. (1d20=18)

Ha! 17, got it.

1d4=3 Bandaged up, good to go.[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine