Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part II  (Read 68813 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941) - Part II
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
"GET BACK HERE YOU KROUT BASTARDS!!! COWARDS!!! VIGLIACCHI!!! YOU YELLOW BASTARDS! GET BACK HERE AND FIGHT!!" Cried Russo actually screaming blue murder at the nazi boat, he shot towards them twice with Kestrel's winchester cocking the handle violently the shells flinging off at mad angles to land on the ground several feet from the maddened Brit

"ARGHHHHH!!! GODDAMN IT!!!" he screamed to the sky, rifle in hand his face red and splotchy with anger and rage.

he fell to his knees in despair then looked up and behind him to the sinking ship, his eyes widened. dropping the gun in the dirt he stood up and ran full pelt to the sinking ship, scarcely pausing to strip his shirt he launched himself at the boat...

[spoiler] Jump,balance and swim in that order, looks like Russo is going swimming...[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:20:42 AM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
As he hits the deck and drops his rifle, bag, belt, and jacket full of grenades, Eisen shouts back with an uncharacteristic fury "Sobald ich bin geschehen ficken ihre Mutter wieder, Fotze!*" And with that, dropping finally his handgun on the deck (note: boots and socks had come off before the handgun), he looks once over the ship and jumps onboard the ship...

Eisen hits the deck lightly and keeps moving, finding his footing with surprising ease to himself.
[spoiler]Jump (DC10): 22!
Balance (DC 10): 15!

SUCCESS!
Alrighty Jace, hit us with the next one![/spoiler]

*[spoiler]You may not want to translate it, seriously. But if you really do, ihre means both "their" and "your," but I mean it as "your."[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »
"Goddamn sons of bitches!" Kestrel screams as he runs to the boat, dropping his weapons, vest and boots on the shore and jumping onto the deck of the sinking riverboat.

[spoiler]Jump: 3
Balance: 25[/spoiler]

In his anger he mistimes his jump though and winds up in the water in front of the boat.

Angrily swearing he tries to pull himself up and onto the deck of El Halcon.

[spoiler]If I can take 10, I will, for a total of 11.
If not, Climb: 5

Try again if necessary, seeing as swimming is not my thing I want to try a different approach;
Climb: 5 :banghead

Lucky 3? 7 + AP: 5 for a total of 12.

Wow, anger clouds your athletic abilities :P [/Jedi][/spoiler]

EDIT: fixed links.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:37:17 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2009, 01:57:27 AM »
Bones makes a running jump onto the sloping deck of his baby-- he looks miserable.

Phase #2
Make your way through the ship to search for Max and whatever you hope to salvage--

This will require a Survival Check per deck you wish to check for a possible total of 2 different Survival checks. A failure means that some sort of structural mishap will have occurred. Be careful!

For EVERY room you would like to search, well... I need a Search Check. Please, like Richard-- mention in-post what it is you hope to salvage.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2009, 02:31:09 AM »
Eisen makes his way along the deck when some of the boards he is stepping on give out, and he winds up falling through a hole to the level below. This level seems a bit sturdier; apparently the top level is the most unsound. While on this lower level, he hurries to the main room to see if there was anything that looked to be important, such as people's bags, magazines of ammunition, and any maps and papers. Most importantly though, he's looking for Max, who would have been at this lower level, he'd have thought...

Having searched both the main room as well as Bones' room - from which he had no more structural issues, he carefully but quickly makes his way up the stairs, holding his few findings. As soon as his foot hit the upper level, he froze for a moment, paranoid about the flooring, and so, picking up some rope on the floor nearby the double-doors, he made his way towards the upper stairs, highest point on the ship. He called out, knowing he'd be there too. "Russo! Do you need any help getting your women off the boat?"

[spoiler]
Structure Rolls (Survival)
Top Floor: 8
Bottom Floor: 24

Search Checks
Main Room: 10
Bones' Room: 19
Bedroom nearby boiler: 9

[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2009, 02:45:11 AM »
Eisen lands hard taking Fall Damage (1d6=2).

[spoiler]I have d20 Apocalypse (Literally JUST found where it was) which has some good tables in it for structural mishaps. If anyone else fails a Survival check in this sequence, I shall roll on the table to see what will happen to you  :D[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2009, 05:41:34 AM »
Pingo gets to the water edge and jumps in to see if he can swim to Max... that dumb hero Pingo, he's gotta make up for that loss of a tongue. He swims through the water and approaches the hole where a bazooka hit and water was flooding in. Here goes nothing.

[spoiler]Whoops, I rolled a couple times too many...but every roll was ten or higher. Thats fucking God right there. I will survive! Yeah Yeah! lol...yeah I've been drinking.

First swim, then survival. God help me. (1d20+3=11, 1d20+3=20, 1d20+3=10, 1d20+3=23)

Search for Max. Search, 0 ranks yay (1d20=17)

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 04:24:22 PM by ragincajun2288 »
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2009, 07:16:31 AM »
Russo in his blind anger tumbled into the drink, he emerged a moment later coughing and spluttering his rage, however he now was in the perfect position to go fishing for his intact metal lover, diving to the stern of the boat Russo pried around with his hands searching for his drowning darling
[spoiler]uhhh swimming then search for his baby, Heather, at the back of the boat..... 1 is an automatic fail still right? Because I think Russo just drowned[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2009, 12:16:14 PM »
Richard moves around in the lower deck, trying to figure out just where he put his pack last and if it would even be there anymore.  He mentally decides that it might be a lost cause, and so broadens his search to include his personal supplies as well as anything that he thinks might be useful for the jungle trek ahead.

He searches the room that he slept in the night after the cannibal attack, then the main room and the room attached, and then Bones' room because who knew what that bloody bastard might have stashed away.  He then heads upstairs and searches the wheelhouse, he spent watch there and perhaps he had his pack with him.

[spoiler]
Richard would know what would be useful even if I'm not sure.   :P  No I'm not really including Max in my search, mainly looking for supplies or useful miscellaneous junk that Richard would want.

Survival for lower deck: 20
Searching the bedroom near the boiler room: 12
The room with the couches: 17
The room attached to the room with the couches: 16
Bones' room: 9

Survival for upper deck:36
Searching the wheelhouse: 15
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »
bobbing back to the surface spluttering Russo cries out to any of the others that may be able to hear him

"Grab *splutter* Grab any bits from the gun! *cough cough* they should be Lying about the deck, just any bits you can find!! springs barrels firing pins ANYTHING!"

he breathed in deeply once more and dived back under the muddy water
[spoiler]hurrah for high rolls! well... roll [/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »
Not seeing the insane Italian, he makes a quick search to find one of the "girls" where he seems to remember them being. A quick search comes up empty, no surprises there. Breathing deep, and steeling himself, he takes his time looking for the guns slowly and surely.

[spoiler]Search: 7
Search (Taking 20 if possible, if not I'll re-roll): 22

Also, if I found nothing Jace, I'll be leaving as soon as I find a gun of Russo's or the ship looks like it's in too terrible condition to keep safely searching.[/spoiler]

jacemachine