Author Topic: Happy Happy Joy Joy!  (Read 161254 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy!
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
Sounds rather similar to some cross country practices I've attended. Usually, our coach would have us work on maximizing our oxygen intake on Mondays, which meant running two miles (a little over eight 400-meter laps, I believe) nonstop as fast as we could go within reason, a fifteen minute recovery period, and then one more mile at a similar pace.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »
It'd take me days to run that far.  Freakin' fast people. 

Heh, I've still got a ways to go. My goal for now is 6 laps within 12 minutes - which roughly means an average of 2 minutes per lap. I can run about two or three laps that fast, but from the fourth onward my speed drops quite a bit.

Plus, I'm not on an appropriate diet - not yet. I eat a lot of crap.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
Before the army I played floorball, which is a really high speed sport involving a lot of running. That might explain it.

Handy Links

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2009, 01:20:52 PM »
Before the army I played floorball, which is a really high speed sport involving a lot of running. That might explain it.

That seems likely. I'm a bit over 9 kg or so above my ideal weight, so my body spends quite a lot of energy just trying to keep me cool.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:23 PM »
At the time I consider myself to be at by best cardiovascular health (at age 17), I could run a mile in about fifteen minutes.  (Or, that's about 6.5 km per hour).  That was when I was on a good diet, was exercising for about 5-6 hours a day, and was extremely defined.  (Was about 210 pounds back then, six-pack and everything).

These days, even though my physical strength is a lot higher than it was 11 years ago, my cardio health has dropped, I can run a mile in about 20 minutes now (or roughly 4.8 km per hour).  Then again, I'm carrying about 50 pounds more on my frame.  Not all of it's fat, but even the self-supporting stuff burns energy real fast, when I'm working out I literally can't eat enough to not feel hungry without rupturing myself.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »
Shouldn't you walk faster than the latter value?

Handy Links

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »
Not unless I'm running.  I guess that doesn't make sense.  Like I said before, I'm really slow.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »
So from what I gather, you're a Dwarf but taller. Good choice!
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
At the time I consider myself to be at by best cardiovascular health (at age 17), I could run a mile in about fifteen minutes.  (Or, that's about 6.5 km per hour).  That was when I was on a good diet, was exercising for about 5-6 hours a day, and was extremely defined.  (Was about 210 pounds back then, six-pack and everything).

These days, even though my physical strength is a lot higher than it was 11 years ago, my cardio health has dropped, I can run a mile in about 20 minutes now (or roughly 4.8 km per hour).  Then again, I'm carrying about 50 pounds more on my frame.  Not all of it's fat, but even the self-supporting stuff burns energy real fast, when I'm working out I literally can't eat enough to not feel hungry without rupturing myself.

Not all of speed is about how fast your heart can beat. I have very strong legs (used to bike way too much as a kid, and I lived in the suburbia where there were A LOT of large ramps), to the point where my personal trainer (hate to use the term... I prefer just 'trainer', 'coach' or even 'teacher') figured it was a waste of time to build them up further. My legs have a very good burst speed capability; for me, it's more about how much energy I have to spend and how much of it I keep up or save along the way. Breathing rhythm plays a big part too. Of course, I had to build up to it - when I started, more than a year ago, I could barely run a kilometer or so before my whole damn body gave out. Rhythm-wise, if I keep it at a light pace I can probably run about 16 or more 400 meter laps within an hour or so - it's my 12-minute period that needs the most work.

Your biggest strength is in your upper body, Count. In boxing terms, you probably have wicked punches but only average footwork; I would have better footwork but lower punching power (my grip is relatively weak and I have trouble keeping my wrists straight when bench-pressing).

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

MasterVega

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Master of what? Well, I'm not exactly sure...
    • Email
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2009, 05:53:49 PM »
I thought I was going to be stuck in the computer lab rendering my animation all day, but the lady watching the lab right now took the Maya class last semester and thus understands my pain... so she opened up six of the most powerful computers in the lab for me to render with. :D

It helps that there's only maybe six people in this room, and thirty computers total.

Still, thank goodness for helpful people. I may yet escape the monotony of watching digital paint dry!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:56:11 PM by MasterVega »
I might be insane, but at least I\'m not deluded...

My Art! :D

Current PbP Games:
The Good, the Bad, and the Undead as Cedric McDouglan, ex-soldier shadow hunter.

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2009, 02:39:25 AM »
Actually, in my case my strength is all in my core (Chest, Abs, Back, Hips, Glutes).  My arms and legs have good strength to them, but my arm strength gives out at my forearms.  My wrists are the limiting factor in my arm exercises, and I literally have no strength in my finfgers past the first knuckle from the hand.  (The second knuckle literally has no strength whatsoever, I'm thinking there's something wrong with the tendons). 

However, my speed doesn't drop unless I'm carrying something too heavy for me to lift.  So yes, I'm like a dwarf.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2009, 05:11:25 AM »
Today I successfully put one of my coworkers in a headlock.  At 5'8" he weighs 350 pounds and has no neck.  He might be a fat fucker but hes damn strong.  First time I've ever managed to get him in the headlock. :D

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »
Count: Go to a hand stand and try running like that!

bhu: Why are you headlocking people at work?

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2009, 08:49:30 AM »

because my coworkers are pedophiles, thieves, liars, drug addicts, and assholes.  And they take a perverse pleasure in trying to get under other peoples skin and harass them.  I occasionally feel the need to remind them there are consequences for doing so.  ;)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »
Bhu's avvie makes that a hilarious mental image.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:43 AM »
Bhu's avvie makes that a hilarious mental image.

The kitteh does not like to be touched...

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: October 29, 2009, 11:37:14 AM »

because my coworkers are pedophiles, thieves, liars, drug addicts, and assholes.  And they take a perverse pleasure in trying to get under other peoples skin and harass them.  I occasionally feel the need to remind them there are consequences for doing so.  ;)
I am still to be convinced about the pedophile part at least. Anyway, the US is not the country where I'd use physical contact of any kind against anyone. Heck, if you can get rich by not being able to hold a coffee mug...

Handy Links

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:11 PM »

I am still to be convinced about the pedophile part at least. Anyway, the US is not the country where I'd use physical contact of any kind against anyone. Heck, if you can get rich by not being able to hold a coffee mug...

I dont have pics so not much in the way of proof I can offer bout them being pedos.

And true, it is a risk sometimes, but none of them wants the cops/courts/public to focus their attention on them.  Most of my coworkers are on probation, have a court date coming, have pending warrants out for their arrests, are skipping child support, committing welfare fraud, selling drugs, or half a dozen other things that would be trouble for them if they tried suing anyone or anyone actually paid attention to them.

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »

I dont have pics so not much in the way of proof I can offer bout them being pedos.

And true, it is a risk sometimes, but none of them wants the cops/courts/public to focus their attention on them.  Most of my coworkers are on probation, have a court date coming, have pending warrants out for their arrests, are skipping child support, committing welfare fraud, selling drugs, or half a dozen other things that would be trouble for them if they tried suing anyone or anyone actually paid attention to them.

I feel that if I had your work I would start running in a circle, flap my arms endlessly and do an "Into the wild" without the preparation. Starve to death in the middle of Alaska seems like a nice alternative when working with that kind of people is the alternative.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #259 on: October 29, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »
Got my SAT subject test results back this morning. I was prepared to swear I failed the Chemistry test, but I made a 760 on it, and 800 on Math 2. How the hell?