Author Topic: Happy Happy Joy Joy!  (Read 161161 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy!
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:26 PM »
My fever is finally giving in.

Handy Links

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2009, 06:19:17 PM »
while saying relaxed is more than just stretching it, but happy and excited fit the bill.

I recently found out my fiancee and I are going to be parents.  :o On top of that a friend of our told me about a job opening at the hospital where they work. With their recommendation and my computer skills I will likely go from this dead end job being a one man show without getting any of the money for it to a comfortable and stable job with awesome benefits. So i've got a potential 2-fer going on hope to come back in a few days to be able to say i have the new job with much better pay.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2009, 06:34:16 PM »
Congratulations :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
while saying relaxed is more than just stretching it, but happy and excited fit the bill.

I recently found out my fiancee and I are going to be parents.  :o On top of that a friend of our told me about a job opening at the hospital where they work. With their recommendation and my computer skills I will likely go from this dead end job being a one man show without getting any of the money for it to a comfortable and stable job with awesome benefits. So i've got a potential 2-fer going on hope to come back in a few days to be able to say i have the new job with much better pay.
To the considerable awesome that is to follow.  :drunk
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2009, 07:54:39 PM »
Yay! My back pain is slowly going away. I had a super bad muscle spasm that started in my shoulder and spread (really quickly) to the rest of my back and neck. I had like, one giant knot. I couldn't turn my neck or anything. This is day 2 of pain, but the muscles are slowly relaxing a little and I can move more without wincing every second. Yay!

Also, I'm getting my doggy a Halloween collar (it has candy corn on it and other things that will make him look festive). The best part: I originally wasn't going to get it since it would've cost me 30 bucks (including shipping), but the website emailed me after I clicked out and 1) saved the item I was getting in my cart and 2) gave me a discount so that I'd make my purchase. Thank you fetchdog.com!

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
Holy shit! BimR, you just made me understand I live in a country where the Halloween is actually a party! FUCK! Preparations!

Handy Links

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
 :bounce I have an A in my college course after the first big test.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
Booked a return flight to home for this Christmas. When I get back, I need to spend almost five hours in Amsterdam, but I am sure I'll love the place! So, Bowen, what're you doing 9th of January?

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »
Not sure yet, but I'll see if I can make it to Amsterdam :P

I take it you have to stay close to Schiphol airport for those 5 hours?
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2009, 03:07:13 PM »
Of course I don't, I can move about as I wish. It would be nice to be there around an hour before the flight.

Handy Links

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »
Cool, I'll take a look at my schedule this weekend :)

Assuming I don't have any exams or anything it should be doable.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
My Dostoyevsky quote didn't survive long as my signature. Found something of Finnish origins. Let's see when ADGM managed to crack this one.

Handy Links

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2009, 04:45:26 PM »
I'm looking forward to National Novel Writing Month. After my third failure last year, I decided that I was going to spend 2009 honing my "writer's endurance" so that I could actually succeed this year. In trial-runs, I've managed to get decent word counts with minimal effort. If I don't focus on a narrative, I can easily make 50,000 words in two weeks. If I focus on creating a single, continuous narrative, I estimate *at worst* it'll take me twice as long to achieve that word count, which is the actual length of the challenge.

So, I'm getting pumped. It's like preparing for a marathon or something. I'm feeling good about it. I can't wait!  :sparta
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
Good luck :)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2009, 07:14:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to National Novel Writing Month. After my third failure last year, I decided that I was going to spend 2009 honing my "writer's endurance" so that I could actually succeed this year. In trial-runs, I've managed to get decent word counts with minimal effort. If I don't focus on a narrative, I can easily make 50,000 words in two weeks. If I focus on creating a single, continuous narrative, I estimate *at worst* it'll take me twice as long to achieve that word count, which is the actual length of the challenge.

So, I'm getting pumped. It's like preparing for a marathon or something. I'm feeling good about it. I can't wait!  :sparta
A friend of mine has given that one a try two or three times. Just saying. Good luck!

Handy Links

Kai

• (rhymes with pie)
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Donkey Kong
  • Don't panic!
« Reply #195 on: October 09, 2009, 04:54:14 PM »
Our dog River is completely healed!

...she had an ear infection which we were treating her for, then got bit by another dog a few days later. The fur around where the bite wounds were will take a little longer to grow back in, but she's fine and that's what counts.

Ooh, and I finally caught up on reading Questionable Content. :D
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: October 09, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »
Now planning a trip to Paris. Let's see how that works out.

Handy Links

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #197 on: October 09, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
Oh dear. How expensive is the hotel? I made some bad experiences in Paris two weeks ago. Basically, if it's not expensive it's probably a shithole.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: October 09, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
Hotel? I am hoping to spend my time at Llochlyn's place. And I don't even mind shitholes, I wouldn't stay at the room too long anyway. If I get this done it means I've done England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Denmark, France and Finland this year. Wish I would visit new countries at that rate.

Handy Links

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: October 09, 2009, 05:36:22 PM »
Oh dear. How expensive is the hotel? I made some bad experiences in Paris two weeks ago. Basically, if it's not expensive it's probably a shithole.

I had one of those a few years back. Until the wallet came out the people were rude, everything was over-priced so far I could gaze down and wave at the Eiffel tower, the food was never better than "ok", all beds were hard as rocks, my stomach was in an uproar for a few days after the trip  and to sum it all up I missed a Sonata Arctica concert back for that trip. I do not like Paris (though the catacombs were awesome and Notre Dame a fabulous piece of architecture).