Author Topic: Happy Happy Joy Joy!  (Read 161252 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Happy Happy Joy Joy!
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:53 PM »
Hm, that'll do. Thank ye. *Shoves eyeball into socket, then realizes it's in backwards. Decides to just take 10 next time*
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »
I took a total of 21 400 meter laps today: 5 power-walking, 16 running.

I'm tired as hell and happy as fuck.

Pics WILL be forthcoming.

Also, feel free to usher in the "it's over 8000!!" jokes.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2009, 06:02:33 PM »
Almost 9000.

Handy Links

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2009, 06:04:37 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:17:03 PM by Kuroimaken »

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2009, 06:21:12 PM »
By the way, you've ever tried Cooper's test? 12 minutes on a 400 metre track to see how far you can get. That's the basic concept.

Handy Links

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2009, 07:49:04 PM »
By the way, you've ever tried Cooper's test? 12 minutes on a 400 metre track to see how far you can get. That's the basic concept.

Scheduled to take it next week to see how much I may have improved since the last. I need to run 8 laps or more to be considered good rather than regular.

I figure I can pull it off, though it will more likely than not exhaust me.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

dither

• Hong Kong
  • Breaking the ninth wall
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
At the most, Gurren-Lagann has really, really big drills... But no laser ones, if I recall.

It's just a trick of the light.
"Stuck between a rogue and a bard place."

vanity
Read my webcomic!
Dither's Amazing Changing Avatars

[spoiler]
Quote from: Shadowhunter
Quote from: Flay Crimsonwind
"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Dither's power level?"
It's over nine thousand!

Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Anklebite
Quote from: dither
Well blow me down! :P
A SECTION OF THE CAVERN HAS COLLAPSED!
dither, Miner, has died after colliding with an obstacle!
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2009, 06:16:26 AM »

Scheduled to take it next week to see how much I may have improved since the last. I need to run 8 laps or more to be considered good rather than regular.

You got to run 3200 metres in order not to be regular? Harsh standards. Good luck!

Handy Links

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2009, 06:50:52 AM »

You got to run 3200 metres in order not to be regular? Harsh standards. Good luck!

In my highschool, we had the 6-lap run (standard 400m track).  Everyone had to do it, and your grade was determined by your time.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2009, 09:00:09 AM »

Not particularly harsh. Test results are based off factors such as age and current weight, so assuming I pull it off it means my cardiorespiratory resistance is above the average for someone with my body type.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

CountArioch

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I <3 termites
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
I have trouble with said activity.  Mostly because my body doesn't want to move, my top speed is very low.  I can keep up as fast as I can run (as in, running all-out) for about half a mile, but that takes me about ten minutes, I have never been able to run a mile in less than 20.  I just can't make my legs move fast enough.
She hasn't come to crush your bones, nor tear your flesh
She has come to steal your sanity with just one glance

Sacrapos - At First Glance, Eluveitie

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »
I have trouble with said activity.  Mostly because my body doesn't want to move, my top speed is very low.  I can keep up as fast as I can run (as in, running all-out) for about half a mile, but that takes me about ten minutes, I have never been able to run a mile in less than 20.  I just can't make my legs move fast enough.

You did mention that your body density is greater than normal, so it's no surprise. Your body isn't built for speed, it's built for strength. So given enough training you'll be able to lift weights I can only dream of.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
College is for the most part what I expected, which makes me happy. Everyone's awkward at first, but things are settling down. I'm glad I didn't come here expecting it to be like it is in the movies. Apparently some people here did, but they've already been written up and temporarily suspended from housing.

Sadly, college isn't an escape from those generic douchebags that were around in high school (you know the kind). Now they just have easier access to beer.  :nonono

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
I just finished cleaning off my desk (which I haven't done in the last... one year? two?). This led to two surprising revelations:
1. My desk is larger than I remembered.
2. I actually do have a lot of the useful stuff I often find myself complaining about not having (white-out, adhesive tape etc.).
I also rediscovered a bunch of DVDs and got around to copying my Bruce Springsteen CDs over to my audio library. :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 03:49:54 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Ruam

• Bi-Curious George
  • First-class monotremancer
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2009, 11:12:34 AM »
College is for the most part what I expected, which makes me happy. Everyone's awkward at first, but things are settling down. I'm glad I didn't come here expecting it to be like it is in the movies. Apparently some people here did, but they've already been written up and temporarily suspended from housing.

Sadly, college isn't an escape from those generic douchebags that were around in high school (you know the kind). Now they just have easier access to beer.  :nonono

Not trying to rub it in your face (promise), but I must say that since I started at my University I have yet to find a single douche (been here for a year now), and the beer is cheap and easy accessible for people who drink (I am not one of the though, can't stand the taste of alcohol) and that tends to keep them even happier.

And my contribution to the list of joy is: Tonight is BBQ-night with my friends!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »

Not trying to rub it in your face (promise), but I must say that since I started at my University I have yet to find a single douche (been here for a year now), and the beer is cheap and easy accessible for people who drink (I am not one of the though, can't stand the taste of alcohol) and that tends to keep them even happier.

And my contribution to the list of joy is: Tonight is BBQ-night with my friends!
Beer doesn't taste like alcohol.

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
Just remembered the appropriate response to this:
I had to get a root canal done today.  I was expecting to not be able to eat at all for a while, not to mention the direct pain during the operation.  Now it's important to remember for this story that I live in Japan, because my dentist pulled out a frickin' LASER DRILL!  Didn't hurt much at all, only took like 20 minutes for the whole thing, and I could eat right away afterward with no problems!
Awesome :D

Next time ask if he can use a Giant Mecha-mounted Laser Drill :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emq0Xf6zVDw
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

BobismyRhino

• Hong Kong
  • *baby Bob kiss* MUAH!
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2009, 06:52:49 PM »
 :lmao

I was really nervous about going to the dentist tomorrow-I have a small cavity in one of my teeth... but that video made me laugh really hard, so I'm not AS nervous now.

People usually think that I've lost my mind. I haven't lost it, I know exactly where it is: the gutter.

My body is a temple. That is why I make chocolate sacrifices in it every day.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »

Who the hell do you think I am?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »

Who the hell do you think I am?
At the most, Gurren-Lagann has really, really big drills... But no laser ones, if I recall.

It's just a trick of the light.
*cough*
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]