Author Topic: Statting Nanoha  (Read 26152 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: Statting Nanoha
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »
How would you handle what Fate's doing in my avvie? :P
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
Fighting defensively?

Also, I found this. Uuurgh... Zafira's voice cracks me up for some reason though.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:29:56 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 11:53:38 AM »
Martial Study (Wall of Blades)? That only deals with a single attack, though.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 09:54:34 AM »
Additional Note, as of Sound Stage X, Teana has learned Starlight Breaker, though she burns through an alarming amount of cartridges to shoot it at all.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »
A thought: Yuuno=Hengeyokai?
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 09:22:37 PM »
Hmm, hes just got the Alternate Form(Ferret) power...
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
Made some minor updates to the thread.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »
Still no build for Erio? Maybe I'll have mercy and throw something Swiftblade-esque together.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
Still no build for Erio? Maybe I'll have mercy and throw something Swiftblade-esque together.
I was thinking more Swift Hunter. It's just that the guy is so incredibly bland. I have vids in the first post for reference now.

Could Teana be built as a warlock/beguiler/eldritch theurge?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:37:40 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
Hmm, hes really more of Caro's cohort really, since hes the ideal way to demo her buff spells. :D
Basic ubercharging build, with some electric attacks...a lance based duskblade? With Strada being the electric union of a magic broomstick and a lance.

Ability wise, is charges(hits hard, does not end well for him since he has no follow through), hit and runs(doesn't generally leave a mark), Thunder Rage, a lightning augmented melee attack, which can be delivered via spear or fist, as well as an electric version of Shatter, which he used on the poor helpless bridge. Probably Power Attack to make use of Caro's buffs to-hit.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »
Duskblade sounds pretty good actually, though to keep the theme he's supposed to be a divine caster. Whatever, I already made Caro divine instead of arcane, and Nanoha's a psion. :p (combine her build with the houserules I linked to in the first post and you can get a 375ft-long Starlight Breaker, or a 480ft-long Divine Buster Extension)
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
Just give him Southern Spellcaster and be done with it. :P

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »
Well, Modern Belka is a bit more arcane than Old Belka, but hell, whatever works.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 11:18:07 AM »
Just found this thread. Pretty good analysis all around. However, I find the flavor a bit odd, when using psi to represent magic.
Psionics are so flexible, you can build almost anything with them. It's almost cheating.

Here's my (somewhat older) take on Nanoha:
[spoiler]Bard 5/Lyric Thaumaturge 5/Sublime Chord 2/Loremaster 8

Bard slots:
3/4/4/3/1
Extra Sor/Wis spell on 1st and 2nd.

Sublime Chord slots:
-/-/-/-/5/4/4/3/3/2

Bonus Spells:0/2/2/1/1/1/1
W/+6:0/3/2/2/2/2/1/1/1/1

Loremaster: 0/1/1

Familiar bonus Slot: 7th

Feats: (two flaws, although...)
1, Melodic Casting, Sacred Vow ,Widen Spell Somatic Weaponry
3 Subdual/Nonlethal Substitution
6 Vow of Nonviolence
9 Item Familiar
10 Item Familiar:Increased Sapience (49k GP)
12 Skill Focus(Knowledge:Arcana), get a permanent +4 Int booster item.
14 Item Familiar:Spell Use OR At Will Detect Magic
15 Sculpt Spell
17 Loremaster Secret bonus feat: ( Arcane Thesis Sonic Rumble, Heighten, Sudden Maximize? )
18 Versatile Spellcaster, Item Familiar:Cantrips/Orisons

Spell Choices:
Bard:
6/4+1/4+1/4/2
0: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Message, Read Magic
1: Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Improvisation, Beastland Ferocity, Guided Shot or Nerveskitter
2: Locate Object, Sonorous Hum, Know Vulnerabilities, _, Heroics
3: Haste, Know Opponent, Speechlink, _
4: Voice of the Dragon, Freedom of Movement

SC:
-/-/-/-/4/4/4/4/3/2
4: Resilient Sphere->Assay SR, Ruin Delver's Fortune, Resonating Bolt, Solid Fog
5: Overland Flight, Dimension Jumper, Sonic Rumble, Prying Eyes
6: Shout, Greater, Imbue Familiar, True Seeing, Greater Dispel
7: Spell Matrix, Radiant Assault, Spell Turning, Plane Shift or Teleport, Greater
8: Moment of Prescience, Dimensional Lock, TK Sphere
9: Absorption, ( Time Stop/Foresight/Disjunction/something )
[/spoiler]
(Could also be done with, say, Evoker, but this one can diplomancy during combat).
Basic idea is using Sacred Vow + Vow of Nonviolence + Subdual Substitution + Spell Focus (good) + Somatic Weaponry.

Raising Heart was tricky, especially considering WBL, but something like an Item Familiar Ioun Stone acting as a Rod of Arming, containing a Wand Chamber'd Staff. Combine with Metamagic Spell Trigger, for a decent cartridge system.

Consider the spells Resonating Bolt and Sonic Rumble. One is a 10d4 60ft line, the other is a 10d6 line.
The first deals full damage to objects, and if it destroys the object, continues at full power.
The second, has a duration of Concentration, meaning that with Sonorous Hum, you could have two running consecutively, up to CL rounds. So, at level 10, this deals 100d6 damage, already.
Now, I picked flavor feats instead of picking lots of metamagics, so it's not that optimized for damage.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Just found this thread. Pretty good analysis all around. However, I find the flavor a bit odd, when using psi to represent magic.
Psionics are so flexible, you can build almost anything with them. It's almost cheating.

Here's my (somewhat older) take on Nanoha:
[spoiler]Bard 5/Lyric Thaumaturge 5/Sublime Chord 2/Loremaster 8

Bard slots:
3/4/4/3/1
Extra Sor/Wis spell on 1st and 2nd.

Sublime Chord slots:
-/-/-/-/5/4/4/3/3/2

Bonus Spells:0/2/2/1/1/1/1
W/+6:0/3/2/2/2/2/1/1/1/1

Loremaster: 0/1/1

Familiar bonus Slot: 7th

Feats: (two flaws, although...)
1, Melodic Casting, Sacred Vow ,Widen Spell Somatic Weaponry
3 Subdual/Nonlethal Substitution
6 Vow of Nonviolence
9 Item Familiar
10 Item Familiar:Increased Sapience (49k GP)
12 Skill Focus(Knowledge:Arcana), get a permanent +4 Int booster item.
14 Item Familiar:Spell Use OR At Will Detect Magic
15 Sculpt Spell
17 Loremaster Secret bonus feat: ( Arcane Thesis Sonic Rumble, Heighten, Sudden Maximize? )
18 Versatile Spellcaster, Item Familiar:Cantrips/Orisons

Spell Choices:
Bard:
6/4+1/4+1/4/2
0: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Message, Read Magic
1: Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Improvisation, Beastland Ferocity, Guided Shot or Nerveskitter
2: Locate Object, Sonorous Hum, Know Vulnerabilities, _, Heroics
3: Haste, Know Opponent, Speechlink, _
4: Voice of the Dragon, Freedom of Movement

SC:
-/-/-/-/4/4/4/4/3/2
4: Resilient Sphere->Assay SR, Ruin Delver's Fortune, Resonating Bolt, Solid Fog
5: Overland Flight, Dimension Jumper, Sonic Rumble, Prying Eyes
6: Shout, Greater, Imbue Familiar, True Seeing, Greater Dispel
7: Spell Matrix, Radiant Assault, Spell Turning, Plane Shift or Teleport, Greater
8: Moment of Prescience, Dimensional Lock, TK Sphere
9: Absorption, ( Time Stop/Foresight/Disjunction/something )
[/spoiler]
(Could also be done with, say, Evoker, but this one can diplomancy during combat).
Basic idea is using Sacred Vow + Vow of Nonviolence + Subdual Substitution + Spell Focus (good) + Somatic Weaponry.

Raising Heart was tricky, especially considering WBL, but something like an Item Familiar Ioun Stone acting as a Rod of Arming, containing a Wand Chamber'd Staff. Combine with Metamagic Spell Trigger, for a decent cartridge system.

Consider the spells Resonating Bolt and Sonic Rumble. One is a 10d4 60ft line, the other is a 10d6 line.
The first deals full damage to objects, and if it destroys the object, continues at full power.
The second, has a duration of Concentration, meaning that with Sonorous Hum, you could have two running consecutively, up to CL rounds. So, at level 10, this deals 100d6 damage, already.
Now, I picked flavor feats instead of picking lots of metamagics, so it's not that optimized for damage.
New Skill Trick: Befriending With Maximum Firepower
If you rush a Diplomacy check (ie. perform one as a full-round action at a -10 penalty) then knock out the target of your check within 1 minute, you may immediately reroll the check without the penalty.

:p
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 12:38:56 PM »
Added some more feats to Teana's build.

That eldritch theurge still might be better though.

EDIT: Work in progress

Erio
Halfling psionic duskblade 18
Feats: Expanded Knowledge (psionic lion's charge), Overchannel, Power Attack, Leap Attack
Traits: Quick
Equipment: Strada (+1 psychokinetic shocking burst valorous lance/wings of flying)

Sonic Move:
Luftmesser: Energy ray
Speerschneiden:
Speerangriff:
Stahlmesser:
Messerangriff:
Thunder Rage:

That's right, Erio's using homebrew. :p
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:14:46 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 09:47:12 AM »
Erio
Halfling psionic duskblade 18

:o

Someone is using my stuff! Nice!  :lol

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
Well, something still has to be done about his unfortunate tendency to be pwned except when acting as Caro's second familiar(i.e. buffed to the gills for one massive hit)
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 10:10:05 AM »
Well, something still has to be done about his unfortunate tendency to be pwned except when acting as Caro's second familiar(i.e. buffed to the gills for one massive hit)
Quick trait?
My work