Author Topic: Cheapest fusion?  (Read 1792 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Cheapest fusion?
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:24:47 AM »
What is the fastest and cheapest I could get access to fusion? :flutter

I want me a dragon's head for a hand. :P

EDIT: Actually, why stop at one?
Two-headed Wyrmling black dragon with Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike. Lion totem Barbarian with Furious Inhalation. Fight like Voltron. :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 02:11:43 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: Cheapest fusion?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:13 AM »
Leaderhip? Carry on.

Handy Links

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 12:54:42 PM »
You can purchase a power stone for a reasonable cost, which you can use with a UPD check or by risking stat burn.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »
Voltron - anybody notice how similar in appearance is Optimus the Transformer?!
Voltron came first.

Psi Artificer can get Fusion 2 levels early,
and with a 1st level Dorje + the 6th level class ability + Linked Power , it can be very/silly cheap;
not quite what the regular Arty can do with piles of cost reducer feats.

Ardent + Cleric early entry + Psiotheurgist feat from Dragon #349 + Mind's Eye Substitute Powers = very early access to psi-powers.
Standard approach would make it level 8, for an 8th level power.
Throw in DH_'s Miracle at level 6 set-up, and you have it whenever the build makes it work.
( ... and the dm lets you ... )

Metropolis (+12 town) should have a level 20 something, who with Leadership should have a Psi-caster.
There it is for the Players Handbook services price. 1200gp + the exp extra cost.
What, level 2 or 3?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:57:35 PM »
Voltron - anybody notice how similar in appearance is Optimus the Transformer?!
Voltron came first.
Mazinger Z came first, and the first combining robots were Getter Robo. (These were technically preceded by Tetsujin 28-go, "Iron Man #28", better known in the West as Gigantor, but it was radio-controlled rather than piloted and wasn't very influential on later shows)

Voltron (or Beast King GoLion, to give it its original name) is almost unknown in Japan, since it was regarded as nothing special compared to the countless other shows about robots that were floating around. Ironically, when Mazinger Z was dubbed (as Tranzor Z) it was viewed as a ripoff of Voltron.

If you're thinking "those aren't as cool as Voltron", watch this.
That reminds me, I have to watch some incarnation of Getter Robo some day. I mean, it's what Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was based on...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:19:05 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 05:58:35 PM »
Heh, oops ... here I am being USA-o-centric
about Japanese cartoons ... duh-me ... :pout

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »
Prime has successfully out-geeked us. Wow dude. :lmao
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 05:58:40 PM »
Prime has successfully out-geeked us. Wow dude. :lmao
Take a look at the anime threads at GitP some time. I struggle to keep up. :P
My work