Author Topic: OOC thread  (Read 7818 times)

ShaggyShaggs

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • He's just this guy, you know?
Re: OOC thread
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 02:03:02 AM »
I nominate the inanimate carbon rod as leader.
"Your STFU N00b roll fails!"
"Crap. Can I make a saving LOL?"

"I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights. I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please; but, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that?" - George Carlin

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »
Ok I am now offically back and...

*Tumbleweed*

....whoa.  Did the plot die?
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!

the_taken

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Fear of Monkeys!
    • davidpetrie.info
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »
Did the plot die?

I'd call it a stall. Hasn't crashed yet. At this point it looks to me like everybody is in the middle of a discussion en-route to find a desk that provides newcomers with information, instead of fiddling with the information touch screen on the walls here and there.

ShaggyShaggs

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »
Did the plot die?

I'd call it a stall. Hasn't crashed yet. At this point it looks to me like everybody is in the middle of a discussion en-route to find a desk that provides newcomers with information, instead of fiddling with the information touch screen on the walls here and there.
I think a little more background information on what passes for normal behaviour in this setting might be helpful; things that would be obvious to characters that have grown up in this setting may elude players.  Not even saying anything to anybody, just going to the nearest wall terminal and messing with it, for example: Is that more akin to going up and yanking open a file cabinet in a business and starting to rifle through the paperwork in likely response (except with killbots instead of police), or is that more like using an ATM (maybe annoying if you take too long, but not an inherent source of trouble)?

"I think either we have unlimited rights, or we have no rights at all. Personally, I lean toward unlimited rights. I feel, for instance, I have the right to do anything I please; but, if I do something you don't like, I think you have the right to kill me. So where you gonna find a fairer fucking deal than that?" - George Carlin

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 03:24:58 AM »
We don't seem to be getting anywhere very fast with this (even for a PbP) ...should we send out a PM to everyone who signed up to recheck interest levels?
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Mohji

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • "The Enemies Gate is Down."
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »
I'm still interested but I have been waiting for other characters "quests" to play out before I jump back in, it has always been my style in home sessions and PhPs to try and avoid interrupting things unless they are completely off topic or plot derailing, in the event I should need to be more active in posting and ignore other "side-quests" I have no problem, so if thats to be the case give me a heads up and I am more than happy to alter my posting style to fit the needs of the campaign.
Will Wild Shape for FoodFace off with the Legion

the_taken

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Fear of Monkeys!
    • davidpetrie.info
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 01:28:47 PM »
We don't seem to be getting anywhere very fast with this (even for a PbP) ...should we send out a PM to everyone who signed up to recheck interest levels?

This may be a case of some of the players only being able to post once a week. This really lags the game down when they get an individual random encounter, and forces people to wait (such as right now, Buddy is aware of a woman's voice gently echoing from a corridor).

Yes, I agree it's time to send out PMs/Emails. We need to discuss the effects of differing posting habits on the play speed.

I'm still interested but I have been waiting for other characters "quests" to play out before I jump back in, it has always been my style in home sessions and PhPs to try and avoid interrupting things unless they are completely off topic or plot derailing, in the event I should need to be more active in posting and ignore other "side-quests" I have no problem, so if thats to be the case give me a heads up and I am more than happy to alter my posting style to fit the needs of the campaign.

I'm not sure that should/would be necessary. In any case...

ROLL CALL!
DM here. I can post almost daily, but a party may rob me of a day.

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 01:38:10 PM »
Player (Nikolao) here. Able to post daily (occasionally semi-daily) until school starts (approx August 17); after school starts I'll be able to post once every day or two, depending.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

Mohji

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • "The Enemies Gate is Down."
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:16 AM »
Player(Mohji) here, able to post at least every other day depending on how much I happen to work in those two days and weather or not my computer decides to work, but as I stated before I don't see the need for posting, just for the sake of posting if its constructive I will otherwise, I will wait for an appropriate time.
Will Wild Shape for FoodFace off with the Legion

ShaggyShaggs

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:26 AM »
You always read on Bash and such of computers randomly exploding or bursting into flame, but I never thought it could actually happen to a relatively modern machine, short of deliberate sabotage.  I was mistaken.  There is an unhealthy-looking blast mark on the motherboard of the PC I was using, and many of the components including a portion of the CPU are charcoal.  I've got a different box set up now, I hope this one remains functional as I lack the funds to be replacing one mobo, let alone two.

I'm sorry.  I'll try to get back into this, but won't take it personally if it's decided the game would be better off without my involvement.

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »
My deepest apologies.

I know this isn't much of an excuse, but some reason events left me busy.  That wasn't the problem, rather, it kind of got me out of gear and... honestly... I forgot how long of a time it's been since I got here.

Even though, it doesn't seem to have progressed much, and I can't seem to find a hook for me to grab onto.  I dunno, but right now I'm struggling at what to post.  I didn't want a single line fair.

I don't mean to hold anyone up.  I will not take it harshly if you think I am holding up the party.
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!