Author Topic: Salfeina Xarann  (Read 2261 times)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Salfeina Xarann
« on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »
Welcome, Ben.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 04:44:55 AM by wezylithyx »
Quote from: wezylithyx
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

You totally just fixed these two classes. I had no idea it would be so simple.

Incanur

Re: Salfeina Xarann
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:04 PM »
Salfeina cautiously awaits the start of her next challenge.

(I'm almost ready.)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:44:27 AM »
On Tarsakh the 13th, the trance of your normal meditation is disturbed as you enter an unnerving dream.

In the dream, you are in a vast cavern, the heights of which you do not perceive. You hear clicking sounds, and upon looking around realize you are surrounded by massive spiders. They notice you and immediately close in, segmented eyes staring coldly and their fangs quivering threateningly. Surrounded, and filled with fear, you begin to run - barely evading their grasps but never quite outrunning their tireless hunt. Suddenly you spot a distant light source, and hastily make your way towards it. However, the way is filled with obstacles and the footing is rough, and many times you are almost caught by your tenacious pursuers.

Horrified and panicked, you lose your focus and trip over the treacherous terrain. Just as despair fills you, you realize that you've the reached the light source - a vague object shrouded in green flame. As you reach out and grasp it, the flames spread down your arm and engulf your body. You feel empowered, and the arachnids now shrink back from your illuminated form. Filled with dread might you begin to grow until your colossal size dwarfs your once horrendous predators.

Laughing malevolently, you crush the fleeing spiders beneath your heel.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:21:03 PM by wezylithyx »
Add Perform (weapon drill) to the fighter and swashbuckler lists of class skills

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:44:54 AM »
The dream ends, but another begins: You see yourself rise from your chambers, sneak out of your house complex, and continue to the city boundaries, heading down one of the tunnels leading away from Fhalq Nath'ir. You take many a twisting turns, away from the commonly trod paths of your people. Eventually, you see yourself enter a small cavern. At the far end, you find a small pool of thick, burgundy liquid... and the dream fades to wakefulness.

It must be a sign from Lloth; you know what you must do.

Incanur

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »
Salfeina gathers her possessions in preparation for the journey. She conceals a few choice morsels and flasks of wine where she knows her two favored slaves will find them. Once everything is order, she silently casts invisibility on herself and attempts to slip out into the city unnoticed.

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
Following routes you've memorized, you make it out of your house complex - and out of the city, without much difficulty. The way through the Underdark from the dream comes back to you easily, despite its complexity. Through many turns, twists, drops and climbs, you approach what you believe is the final cavern. The sound of rushing water grows louder. You sense that stealth is in order; as you surreptitiously approach, you sense a lone kuo-toa, spear-fishing in the swift-running channel. Your intuition tells you that this is not a coincidence, and you recall the doses of drow sleep poison tucked away in your belt.

Incanur

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 03:01:29 AM »
I apply the poison to one of my blades and then creep toward the kuo-toa. (Rolled 15 on the stealth check for a total of 40.) I move as close as I can and strike with the dagger. (Rolled 14 to hit for 30 total.)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 12:30:26 AM »
Your blades slips effortlessly into the side of the kua-toa, and it quietly falls to the ground, immediately asleep. You know you must take the creature to the site of you dream. It's not much weight to drag or carry, but as you look around you realize that their is no other outlet from this cavern save the narrow source of the rushing waters. Suddenly, you realize that you must swim through the small waterway, upstream, with the knocked-out kuo-toa, to get to the desecrated grounds you envisioned.

Incanur

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:54 AM »
I seize my slippery captive firmly and plunge into water. (Swim check 20 + 4 for Str.)

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 05:15:34 AM »
The frigid water shocks your body, but adapting quickly you begin to struggle through the water. Slowly making progress, you realize that the passageway curves upwards, making your task even more difficult. If that weren't enough it feels as if the icy brook is beginning to flow harder, faster. You persevere as the current get stronger, but you begin to loose your progress. You almost are washed back into the cavern when your thrashing arm finds a hand hold in the stone. You find more of the pocks, and after slowly inching your way up you find another tiny cavern. Bursting out of the water and gasping for breath, you realize this is the site of your dream. After a moment you notice the burgundy pool of congealed blood.

Incanur

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »
After wringing out my cloak, I place my captive on its back in the pool. I dip a finger in the burgundy liquid and draw a rough symbols of Lolth on the kuo-toa's chest and forehead. I cast lore of the gods and prepare a prayer. (Knowledge: religion check 5 plus 14 for a total of 19.) I entreat Lolth to accept this sacrifice, devote my every triumph to her, and invite further tests.

"May the entire race of fishmen feel this death in their bones and know the terror of Lolth."

So saying I cut out the kuo-toas heart and offer it up still beating.   

wezylithyx

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 02:29:42 AM »
You receive the blessings of Lloth...