Author Topic: The Safehouse (OOC)  (Read 92848 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: The Safehouse (OOC)
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
ok thanks for that Jace i thought the first aid kit did allow for HP as well.

So is it assumed that i can keep restocking my medical kit with what we find, ie it doesn't run out. Or will i have to track the number of uses and at a certain point it is empty.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »
ok thanks for that Jace i thought the first aid kit did allow for HP as well.

So is it assumed that i can keep restocking my medical kit with what we find, ie it doesn't run out. Or will i have to track the number of uses and at a certain point it is empty.

The rules do not govern that it will ever run out. Feel free to role-play that you re-stock it when you get opportunities too, but it will never run out.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
Looking up from fiddling with the blade to eye the high liaison, All this intel, and you all don't know what else might be going down on this island? All these scientists and possible weapons development on this island, they haven't been heard from in a month. I just do not want to walk into a lab leaking some next generation nerve gas or super plague and not be prepared for it.

[spoiler] IC seems to be down atm when I clicked it to roll 2 Streetwise checks. When it comes back up I will see if it rolled them and mod this post with them.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:38:39 AM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »
Looking up from fiddling with the blade to eye the high liason, All this intel, and you all don't know what else might be going down on this island? All these scientists and possible weapons development on this island, they haven't been heard from in a month. I just do not want to walk into a lab leaking some next generation nerve gas or super plague and not be prepared for it.

[spoiler] IC seems to be down atm when I clicked it to roll 2 Streetwise checks. When it comes back up I will see if it rolled them and mod this post with them.[/spoiler]

"Don't go then. We'll find someone else to make your money instead. I'm just your liaison. I personally never heard of CielCorp until I opened my own job file. I just work here, so they say. Sorry."
Current PbP Games

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »
Buddy, relax. The lady was just trying to make sure we don't accidentally end up in a horror film. Remember if we all die because we didn't know something, your company ends up waiting all that much longer to get the Angel Light. I don't think your boss would appreciate wasting money and time because you forgot to tell us something.

While you might not know what is going on there I'm sure some of your intel guys must have some good guesses and that is all that we really want. Why don't you go get someone to bring us some drinks and while your out you can see if the intel guys are willing to give you some educated guesses.

edit: please note i won't be dragging people into the conversation. So i won't address your character until you've posted as them in character in case your still working on them or figuring out their personality.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:11:36 AM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2009, 01:32:49 AM »
"Any info that my people have is strictly external. The reason we know Angel Light is there is because Edison is interested in it. We know that they probably do animal testing because of informants telling us that monkeys and dogs have been shipped to Isle Noir from Tahiti. They have had bee hives sent to the island... to make honey? They receive tons of fertilizer in a year, so it is likely that they cultivate plants there. Probably have their own farm for produce. Employees go to the island and stay there for 6 months at a time, and they don't leave until that time is done.

BTW, he's not yelling, in bold. I just haven't selected an NPC color scheme yet-- awaiting till all of you have chosen.

The era is October 2012.
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2009, 03:34:59 AM »
"So basically, you have no idea what we are to find for you." A deep, Russian-accented voice speaks from beneath the popped collar of a leather coat, grey fur inside covering the Spec-Ops uniform the large man was wearing. A glass of clear liquid, and you could make a fair guess that the drinking glass wasn't filled with water, swung gently between the middle finger and thumb of the man in question, as if he was playing with it. The man seemed tired. Or bored. Or both. With the handgun he had easily visible from his left underarm, it didn't really matter; noone was going to call him on it. All in all, he seemed relaxed, though probably not yet drunk. "Sounds like basic animal-tested product of some kind. A weapon? Maybe. Super-soldier serum, ala Captain America? Maybe? Which would your company be more interested in, would you say?" It almost seemed like he was toying with the liason, simultaneously bullshitting and trying to get relevant information. After a quick gulp (gulp?) from his drink, he seemed to take it more seriously. He sighed, "So, you want us to leave in few days, or immediately?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:51:11 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2009, 03:57:02 AM »
Could a Knowledge: Business help me learn things about our hiring company?

(Yes, I know my character sheet isn't done but the feats and skills are done.)
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2009, 03:58:19 AM »
A fit-looking man in a short-sleeved shirt and BDU pants sitting next to Dove smirks humorlessly at her snide comment and listens to the others' comments before speaking up.  "Monkeys, dogs, and bees...  The monkeys are undoubtedly for testing, dogs for security.  Bees?  No practical application that I can think of.  Missing extraction team doesn't sound good either.  Did they go in as unprepared as we are?  I mean, how much of the layout of the island do we know?  How many buildings, what are the sight lines like between the buildings, what are the conditions on the ground?  You're sending us in blind after another team went in and is MIA."

[spoiler]Crap!  I really don't know whether I should go Soldier or Infiltrator!  Both of them work work and benefit the group quite well, but it would be a fundamental character difference![/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:32:55 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2009, 11:22:38 AM »
looks to the Russian and the guy who only knows how to wear half a BDU. Hands each of them a First Aid Kit. Here you go guys. So what are your names? I'm fine with just your call sign if you want to be secretive. Alright, 007 and 008. What kinds of things do you do? I need to know how often your going to need to be patched up.

Oh and thanks for letting us know what more you could Buddy.

jacemachine