Author Topic: Isle Noir: Bad Karma  (Read 51996 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Isle Noir: Bad Karma
« Reply #480 on: October 11, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »
Greasemonkey nods.  "I take it that you found it then?  Lead the way and I'll get things up and running."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: October 11, 2009, 05:02:12 PM »
"Yes we have. In the corners there are two large machines that I assume are generators. This center room here is filled with breaker boxes and wiring. Looks like your work is cut out for you here." Dove says as she leads him back in. "Doc and I are going to clear the rest of this basement, if you need anything come get us."
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: October 11, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »
Greasemonkey nods, then starts poking around the utility room and seeing what he's working with.

[spoiler]
What do you want me to roll?
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: October 11, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
As they approach the first door that hasn't been explored yet. So whats behind door number one? Guess we couldn't be lucky enough for it to be a new car huh?
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #484 on: October 11, 2009, 09:01:16 PM »
"We wont know until we open them." Dove says reaching for the handle. She looks back to Doc to confirm he is ready and then turns the handle.

[spoiler]Using the same procedure as before on the other side of the hall. Will attempt the rest of the doors on this side, opening the ones that are unlocked. we will deal with the locked ones after. Save Jace some work on re-modifying the map after every post this way.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2009, 10:33:39 PM »
Greasemonkey
[spoiler]Please make the following skill checks

Knowledge: Technology - to determine what it is you're dealing with.
Repair - to make adjustments and to right wrongs.
Craft: Electrical - and there was light. And God said it was good.[/spoiler]

Dov & Doc
[spoiler]Roger that on the map. Will have a posted update shortly.[/spoiler]

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
Greasemonkey sets his pack down and walks around the room, taking stock of the situation.  Nodding to himself and smiling slightly, he takes his personally modified Electrical Tool kit out of his backpack and gets to work.  This takes him back, lab work was always to stifling and repetitive.  Nothing beats good old fashioned field work.  

[spoiler]
Knowledge: Technology : 29
Repair : 23
Craft: Electronic : 33

I love how a roll of six gives me 23.   :D
[/spoiler]
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: October 12, 2009, 03:58:15 AM »
Basement Level

[spoiler][/spoiler]
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/442/wcbasementexploredetail.jpg

Two bathrooms, and some offices. The men's room door had a significant number of scratches, quite possibly gouged by monkeys claws. A dead monkey, headless of course, lay just outside the door. A small dried pool of blood lay just inside the door. Bloody handprints were smeared about the door, while bloody skid marks streaked through the congealed puddle just on this side. Someone had held the door against a monkey or monkeys, and they had taken damage.

Besides the large trashed office two other offices contained the drying corpses of headless monkeys as well. Thankfully no live monkeys... so far.

Still to go -- that door that wouldn't open earlier.
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #488 on: October 12, 2009, 04:14:54 AM »
Greasemonkey
[spoiler]Of course this is why you came along. Because doing high-risk adventure tech work paid a hell of a lot more than working in a lab. Guys like you are valuable in this field.

Taking a stroll around you discovered machinery in the back in addition to a generator of some kind. A series of fuse boxes lined the interior room, along with all the wires that went with this facilities alarm system -- cut, of course --

You could get the power restored, You could replace some needed fuses, and jury-rig a connection here or there to bypass a burnt out unit that needed to be replaced eventually. Power will mean light and access to the various computers that you have seen throughout this structure. Perhaps you could find some sort of useful data later.

You get to work, making broken things whole again. While over at the generator, you saw that it was quite powerful-- at least MUCH larger than what would be needed for a building of this size. The machinery in the opposite northernmost alcove looked like it was meant to drive something huge-- heavy pistons ran into the ceiling. A computerized interface stood powerless and its screen black.

Something to think about while you fiddled with fixing an old leak the generator had sprung. You refilled the gas reservoir with some gas you found in a nearby fuel can.

All you need to do now is turn on this generator and then switch on the power from inside the fuse & wires room. [/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: October 12, 2009, 05:00:42 AM »
Knowing the room didn't have anything interesting to shoot at, and somewhat glad that he didn't have to do anything after a long cool-down period from their last fire-fight, Heavyarms makes his way to the lobby, kicks around for a bit, then heads back down stairs. Those monkeys were messed up, and there was most likely something interesting to hear about down there at least. His psychosis seemed to be wearing off, so he had to find something to distract him, in any case.

Coming down the stairs with casuality, stepping over the dead monkeys with a similar look of non-phased normality on his face, he looks at the bloody, brutally stained bathroom, the horrifically scratched door. Back to his teammates. "So, find anything interesting?" as he asks, he looks around for anything at all, checking the ceiling for holes or scratches before looking at the one closed door, thinking for a moment, and then seeming to prep himself once again by pointing the machine gun at the door and giving a casual nod towards his teammates. "Let's see this one..." And thusly, he kicks it. Though he doesn't break it, he can hear some damage done with the bang. The door still shut, he simply steps back. "Well, I feel sheepish..."

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: October 12, 2009, 09:46:41 AM »
"They are a bit too tough for that Heavy. Let me try my way." Pulling her Lock picks out again as she moves up beside him. "There is another door to this room in the office there. Can one of you cover it just in case someone is on the other side of this looking to escape." Then taking her time but with no care about leaving traces on the lock she begins her work to pick it; her steady, delicate hands seem to be made for this type of work.

[spoiler]Take a 20 on disable for a 26.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: October 12, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
I'll get it. But if you hear me shooting you had better get your asses over to help.  :smirk
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #492 on: October 12, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »
Greasemonkey yells out, "I'm about to turn the power on, everybody stand back from anything electrical!"   Turning on the generator, he waits for about thirty seconds to make sure that it seems to be working properly, then goes into the fuse room and flips on the power.
Notes to self

jacemachine