Author Topic: Isle Noir: Bad Karma  (Read 52124 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Isle Noir: Bad Karma
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
"Merde! That asshole took my gear!" Ronin exclaims loudly before limping back to the building, obviously in pain from his gunshot wounds.

"Do you think this 'theatre' will do for an emergency room, Doc? I've got a couple of slugs in me..."
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
Greasemonkey waves Doc away.  "So, what did they leave behind?"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »
Down that hall i found a meeting room. The table in there should serve well enough. Oh and Greasmonkey there is a computer in an office over there, maybe you can find out some helpful info while i'm patching these two up.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
"Merci monsieur gentil." Dove says to Doc as he finishes up. Then turns her attention to the case. Fishing the key out of her pant pocket she tries it in the lock. At the same time she says, "This meeting room sounds like a good spot, I will help secure that side of the building once we find out what we might salvage from this bastard's gear."

[spoiler]Should this key work Dove will open it.[/spoiler]

Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2009, 01:34:47 AM »
While waiting for the others to meet in the new "surgery" room, Cross decides that his time would best be served by checking the other rooms in the wing, just in case there was something they had missed.  He starts with the door at Y-13, and gives each room a cursory check (take 10 on spot = 10) before moving on to the next.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: September 30, 2009, 04:47:05 AM »
Heavyarms realizes that there's still a boat-load of enemies nearby with pretty much nowhere to go, and probably a wish for revenge. Taking up position outside, he takes his time to hide himself in the doorway, keeping watch in the darkness. A couple of days? Was the doctor mad? They shouldn't spend that much time there, for efficacy; but hey, he's just a gun toter, none cared for his thoughts. Which is why he never really talked much. Just stood guard, shot, what he was good at.

Or, at least what they knew.
[spoiler]
Hide: 16
Listen: 23 (Take 20)
Spot: 18 (w/ NVG, taking 20)[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2009, 10:36:48 AM »
Since Cross is investigating the wing i'll start with Ronin:
[spoiler]Treat injury; Hours taken; HP restored (1d20+14=23, 1d4=2, 4d6=13)
So after only 2 hours of working on Ronin the bullet fragments are removed and he has 13 hp restored. He will be fatigued for the next 18 hours due to the strain of surgery though.[/spoiler]
When it is Cross' turn:
[spoiler]Treat injury; Hours taken; HP restored (1d20+14=29, 1d4=2, 4d6=14)
Cross takes the same time as Ronin and has 14 hp restored. Due to the less invasive amount of surgery required he will only be fatigued for 6 hours.[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
Greasemonkey goes to investigate the computer that was mentioned.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »
"Thanks Doc, I'm glad you managed to get those slugs out of my body.

I need a cigarette..."
Ronin sighs as he limps over to a chair, takes it outside the room into the darkness and sits down to keep Heavyarms company, his weapon on his lap, before lighting one up.

"Can I interest you in one, Heavy? I doubt they'll be back within the next couple of hours."[/colors]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2009, 01:39:40 PM »
Cross
[spoiler]The room at Y13 was a copy room. There was a large Haloid copier in the center, and a series of shelves up the wall with dozens of paper reams stacked ready for use. The room smelled of copy toner and it was dry.

The room at BB11 was a break room. Kitchen-style counter space ran along one wall, with cabinets above them. There was a fold old break teable with a faux wood grain top, and 4 padded folding chairs. A fridge stood in the corner.

The room at DD9 was the same as the office next to it, except in mirror image. Nothing stood out as interesting.

A few steps to DD8 showed what the Doc had found earlier, a conference room with a full set-up ready to host a meeting.

The door at GG6 lead to a dark stairwell leading downwards...
[/spoiler]

Heavyarms
[spoiler]It was a nice night, and you've always enjoyed the smell of gunpowder. Above the moon was still in its waning crescent. The stars glared down at you thanks to the light gathering abilities of the NVGs you wore.

The ocean even seemed calm. You moved towards the dock, and towards the Zodiacs where the team had left Sergei in charge of keeping an eye on things...

Sergei was laying face down on the wooden boards surrounded by a lot of blood. The Zodiacs were deflated and mostly sunk. Sergei's gear had been stripped from him.

The fishing boat was no where to be seen...[/spoiler]

Greasemonkey
[spoiler]Doc gives you a quick explanation of where to locate the office with the PC. It was on the East Wing of this Welcome Center, an area that appeared intended for administration purposes. This side of the building was trashed. You passed a spilled water cooler, it's puddle reaching far across the marble flooring. A waiting area, similar to a Doctors waiting room lay just beyond that, and it had a fake toppled tree with real dirt scattered across the floor, and papers, strewn and torn everywhere. And the smell...

It smelled like the zoo in here. And that just didn't seem even remotely natural for this building.

Oh! And there is of course the gaping hole that Heavyarms blow open in the roof. You can see stars through the maw.

You didn't have very high hopes for the PC because this building seemed to lack a distinct sense of... well, power. Electricity.

And you were right when you found it the PC. It was indeed as dead as the rest of the building.
Perhaps there was a fuse box or something somewhere. If you COULD get the power restored here, you can do whatever you'd like with that computer and pretty much any other computer in the place.[/spoiler].
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks