Author Topic: Isle Noir: Bad Karma  (Read 52002 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: Isle Noir: Bad Karma
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »
Ronin moves back to avoid the smoke and keeps his weapon aimed at where the doors are.

[spoiler]Move to L9 and ready an action to shoot any hostile targets.[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2009, 03:02:35 PM »
Round #15 Summary

12    Greasemonkey opens the door of the stall next to him, hoping that it is empty. It is, he moves to the last...

11    Dove hears the gunfire and ends her searching and races past Greasemonkey to the door. Throwing it open wide she prepares to look for more targets and gives the two in the hall an inquiring look to make sure they are alright.

You see no sign of the source of gunfire, but you see a bleeding Ronin pressed into a corner, and Heavyarms standing in the doorway to the outside, looking determined.

9     Cross, gritting his teeth, he pushes past Doc and rushes around the corner.  Seems he's allergic to bullets.

9    Mercenary C takes one last look at his fleeing foes before he darts to the west (his left), and disappears around the corner into the trashed waiting room area.

7    Mercenary A ...

6    Heavyarms wasn't going to let the bastard get away with it this time; he rushes down the hallway after his foe, bursting open the door, wondering if he missed the guy or hit him.

As Heavyarms pushes the doors open, a wall of white smoke awaits on the other side, obscuring any view of the room inside. The smoke pours into the hallway, pushing past the boundaries of the doors, and enveloping Heavyarms entirely.

Ronin finds himself engulfed in smoke as it reaches around the corner to his position.

Dove watches as both her teammates vanish into the smoke cloud.

5     Ronin moves back to avoid the smoke and keeps his weapon aimed at where the doors are. Ready to attack any hostiles he sees come through the smoke.

5      Doc, crossing the puddle of water that spilled across the smooth marble floor from where someone had knocked over the water cooler-- you come to see the area that you had previously seen from the other side of the double glass doors that led outside. There was a 10' thick plume of smoke that reached down to the marble floor from the ceiling. Jutting from it a toppled office plant, and strewn about, torn books and ripped out pages.

Also a very familiar scent that reminds you of the times you'd visited the Baton Rouge Zoo years in the past-- specifically the monkey house.

You don't see the man you followed around the corner.

Listening, you detect the sound of movement from within the plume of smoke.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
Starting ROUND #16

Welcome Center Interior (Map B)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6633/wcdetail15.jpg

Initiative Order

(You may post out of turn, but be aware that your actions will take place in the proper order. Check your actions against others who come before you in Initiative. If what they did changes what you would have done, knowing their action-- then you'll need to strikethrough and edit that badboy!)

12    Greasemonkey
11    Dove
9      Cross
9      Mercenary C
7      Mercenary A
6      Heavyarms
5      Ronin
5      Doc

[ Please note that we are using d20M miniatures rules as written. If you don't know what something is on the map, please ask. Proper Move & Actions per turn. No monologues, you can spit out words as a free action, but you are limited to only a couple of sentences! ]

Actions in Combat
Current PbP Games

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2009, 03:37:46 PM »
Doc takes a step closer to the smoke and thinks where would I hide in there. Then pulls the trigger, aiming for a center of mass hit if the guy is where he is guessing.

[spoiler]5' step to BB10. aiming at AA8, since i'm just guessing where he is anyway.
Attack, Damage, Miss %: (1d20+4=19, 5d4=14, 1d100=98)[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »
Greasemonkey opens the last stall door.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2009, 04:12:23 PM »
Dove creeps quietly toward the door as the smoke rolls out. She flips her NVGs to the top of her head as she intakes a deep breathe and disappears into the smoke in a low silent crouch hoping she doesn't run into Heavyarms and tell their opponents where they are in the cloud. She makes for the door. Once there she pauses to listen for where Heavyarms might be and for her opponents beyond.

[spoiler]Move Silent= taking 10 so 18. Since move silently is half speed she makes it to the door at I8 easily enough. Listen=15.
Not sure what type of action just moving them to the top of her head is. If it is a move I will adjust accordingly.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:15:41 PM by Melblen_Cairn »
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »
Ronin calmly maintains his position.

EDIT:
[spoiler]Readied action to shoot anyone/anything hostile that comes into my field of vision.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 05:49:44 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
Cross stealthily creeps back through the doors.

[spoiler]Move Silently to X15 (take 10) = 18[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2009, 03:33:00 AM »
Mercenary C uses a full-round action.

Mercenary A...
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2009, 04:12:32 AM »
Holding his breath and diving right in, Heavyarms looks to see if he can't clear out the smoke. Sure, shooting a grenade into the damn room would probably hit him (then again, the roof-bastard dodged his first one...), but he only had five left, and didn't want to waste them. It was better to keep the rifle and instead find a way to clear out the troublesome smoke.

[spoiler]Move Action: Move to I-5
Move Action: If it's a window, break it open with the butt of my gun. If it's a door, try to open it.[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #330 on: September 17, 2009, 01:41:38 AM »
Round #16 Summary

12    Greasemonkey opens the last stall door. And find that it is currently unoccupied.

11    Dove creeps quietly toward the door as the smoke rolls out. She flips her NVGs to the top of her head as she intakes a deep breathe and disappears into the smoke in a low silent crouch hoping she doesn't run into Heavyarms and tell their opponents where they are in the cloud. She makes for the door. Once there she pauses to listen for where Heavyarms might be and for her opponents beyond. She abruptly ceases in front of a Heavyarms shaped form in the smoke.

9     Cross  stealthily creeps back through the doors.

7    Mercenary A holds his action, and readies an action.

The thick smoke continues to expand (it has now reached it's full diameter)--

6    Heavyarms, holding his breath and diving right in, he looks to see if he can't clear out the smoke. Sure, shooting a grenade into the damn room would probably hit him (then again, the roof-bastard dodged his first one...), but he only had five left, and didn't want to waste them. It was better to keep the rifle and instead find a way to clear out the troublesome smoke.

He saw something window-like through the incredibly dense smoke, and went to it. With the butt of his rifle he slammed it into the pane of glass expecting it to shatter out with a satisfying tinkle-- instead, the butt of his weapon bounced back, hard-- sending the force of the impact back up Heavyarms shoulders. *BAAM!*

The smoke creeps towards Ronin's position, and fills the area that Heavyarms had just headed into.

5     Ronin calmly maintains his position, keeping a ready eye and an itchy trigger finger.

5      Doc takes a step closer to the smoke and thinks where would I hide in there. Then pulls the trigger, aiming for a center of mass hit if the guy is where he is guessing.

*Ka-BLAM!* The sound is loud in the confined quarters. There's no scream of pain, nor the sound of anyone slumping to the floor either.

Is it possible the man could have crawled out onto the roof once more?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:02:44 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

jacemachine