Author Topic: Prologue: A Misty Trail  (Read 6718 times)

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Prologue: A Misty Trail
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 03:25:55 AM »
(Domina sounds like a female name to me. I guess I'm used to female names (Diana, Jessica, Rebecca) ending in vowels.)

After a time, the laughing stops. Domina, slightly disoriented but not worse for wear, seems ready for action, but no trace of the beasts, or whoever they were ordering about, is to be found.

DC 20 Survival:
[spoiler]
Those of you who make this know my previous sentence is false. You find tracks of at least 30 creatures ranging in sizes, from the tiny 'Chesire' creatures size to ogre sized. All the tracks seem to disappear at an invisible wall, but no traces of magic linger, and walking through the wall has no effect.[/spoiler]

As you trudge back to the caravan, Maxx once again trips on a badger hole. Probably the same one. This time, the badger comes out of the hole along with Maxx's foot, and some other small game, caught mostly by Mevri, would add some fresh-ness to the meal of the caravan. Larger game is encountered, but none of it stays around long. A massive example of a dire bear, bounding through the forest with surprising nimbleness almost crushes Keness, but alters course at the last moment and bounds away. The caravan comes into sight soon after its pounding echoes fade. The runner has returned, and the other hunting parties fared little better than your own.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
(It's Draconian)

Domina cracks his next, weary of his sroundings, begins to walk back towards the caravan...
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
After debarking his furry passengers and handing them to whoever was in charge of turning meat into yummies, Maxx takes a seat on a wagon and waits for an opportunity to ply his trade.