Author Topic: Anything Chat  (Read 9979 times)

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Anything Chat
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 05:18:53 PM »
So sorry guys! My internet has been out for a few days 

In the time it was out, I wound up working on other stuff... :banghead

However, I now that I am back I'm gonna try to have more stuff soon.

@ Vinom: Youre sending things to the wrong email address, I never check my hotmail. Can you send the info to arcanejazz@gmail.com please?
10+ yrs. of roleplay experience, yet I still dunno what the crap I'm doing >__<

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Naruto: Eyes of Fate - DM
Leras - Keness Orlen

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 05:46:41 PM »
I am toying around with the idea of a blaster... then I remembered I saw somewhere a feat that allows you to deal +1 damage per die of the power... does anyone know this feat, or I'm crazy?

EDIT: aside from Prime's element bloodline....

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
No idea, I'm working on a stealth vampire ninja
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:43 PM »
I am toying around with the idea of a blaster... then I remembered I saw somewhere a feat that allows you to deal +1 damage per die of the power... does anyone know this feat, or I'm crazy?

"Favoured Energy" in Complete Psionic... I think. Are we using that rule about restricting damage types in exchange for extra damage?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »

"Favoured Energy" in Complete Psionic... I think. Are we using that rule about restricting damage types in exchange for extra damage?
I'd like to see it in plain text before I agree to it
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 11:05:20 PM »
No prob, AJ.

PRIVILEGED ENERGY [PSIONIC]
You favor one specific energy type over all others.
Prerequisite: Ability to manifest the energy missile
power.
Benefit: Choose one type of energy to become your
privileged energy: cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. Any time
you manifest a power that deals damage of your chosen
energy type, that power deals an extra 1 point of damage
per die.

And I have no idea what rule you're talking about, Prime.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:31 PM »
Hey, Rufei, is that the feat on Complete Psionic?

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 02:43:46 AM »
Hey, Rufei, is that the feat on Complete Psionic?

Yes it is. Ran into it not too long ago.

Risada

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 01:14:45 AM »
Here's what I currently have for my character... and since I'm not experienced with Psionics, I need help...

Human Ardent 3
Brachiation (bonus)
Endurance (bonus)
Elemental Bloodline (eletricity) (1)
Overchannel (H)
Psicrystal Affinity (2)
Psicrystal Containment (3)

Mantles: Energy*, Conflict*, Physical Power
Powers Known: Energy Ray, Vigor, Metaphysical Weapon, Energy Push

Now, some questions:

- I plan on blasting first, gishing away later. Should I go Psion anyway?
- if I go Ardent, should I pick Tap Mantle?
- should I take overchannel early on, or I can skip it until later?
- which route should I go with the stats? I was thinking Con/Wis>Str>anything else...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 01:22:17 AM »
I'm thinking,
Human shadow creature Chihane bloodline ChihaneWarrior 1...

I know I might be nerfing myself in the begining, but I like the flavor and effects of SC

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
My simple answer to the blasty guy is "If its in Complete Psionic, I'll allow it."

I am still having a lot of internet troubles, so please forgive me if I'm slow. I am writing some background information that will be up in a day or so though, assuming the net doesn't completely go out altogether here  :banghead It's going to explain some stuff thats happened in the time period between the comic and our game (its going to be 10 years in the future), and it'll help explain how there are more exotic things like stuff in Complete Psionic that don't exist in the comic, but logically could... This idea has helped me conceptualize allowing more material, lol.

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »
have you gotten a chance to read it through, again?

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2009, 03:20:52 AM »
I might revise my concept slightly, since the idea of a blind Hyuuga somehow floated on by and stuck (the implications of having a blind child as a Hyuuga would be interesting). I would also like to Gish it up, likely with Tashalatora and Carmendine Monk, but the new challenge is getting blindsight/tremorsense.  It would be cool to design a feat for this...

[spoiler]Partially derived from here...

Let's take this from the top. There are some issues with being blind:

1) Precision damage won't work.
2) Can't see, and in the world of Naruto there has to be some compensation or else I wouldn't be able to be enrolled in the academy in the first place.
3) The byakugan sees chakra.

I would imagine this form of blindness to be more as though being unable to see normally, but being able to see the chakra lines of anyone at all times. As a result, probably more vulnerable to genjutsu (what with being extra-sensitive to chakra) and probably blind to things without chakra flows (puppets?).

As to how this can be accomplished, I have no idea.[/spoiler]

If it turns out that it's not feasible, that's fine. More of a mental challenge and less of a requirement, although it'd be interesting to play such a blind character.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2009, 03:29:06 AM »
If I want a Hyuuga or other eye graph, what feats would I have to take?

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2009, 03:40:20 AM »
Well, we're doing it via the Jyuuken Adept class. I don't quite know if there is a set of feats for that kind of stuff.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2009, 03:48:33 AM »
Right, but what if I just want to grab the eye ball, and not have to worry about class levels?

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:22 AM »
There's Prime's thread, what with the Sharingan feats there. I can't say anything past that.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2009, 08:46:17 PM »
I am writing some background information that will be up in a day or so though, assuming the net doesn't completely go out altogether here  :banghead It's going to explain some stuff thats happened in the time period between the comic and our game (its going to be 10 years in the future)
Hmm... These sorts of things are normally alternate continuity, so that you don't have the canon characters just trampling all the bad guys. (though if the story's themes of the next generation exceeding the last, etc. are played up it might work)
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »
And I have no idea what rule you're talking about, Prime.
Naruto characters are limited in the number of elements they can use, but most powers let you choose between five freely. I was referring to a suggestion in ma thread. :p
Powers

Powers in this setting have verbal and somatic components if their manifesting time is greater than 1 swift action. You may manifest a power without the verbal component, but its manifester level is reduced by one. You may simplify a power's somatic components so that they ignore ASF and you gain a +2 bonus on checks to cast defensively, but its manifester level is reduced by two.

Bonus pp are always based on your Constitution score. A character with half their full pp becomes fatigued, while one with quarter their full pp becomes exhausted.

Powers which would normally allow the manifester to choose between multiple types of energy are now restricted to a single type (chosen at character creation) but have their damage dice increased by one size. A character may take the Extra Element feat to gain access to additional energies.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:52:18 PM by Prime32 »
My work

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »
So... there was a big fire. I lost a lot of important stuff, including my computer :/ so yeah... sorry I haven't been around.

I'm living in a new place now, still trying to get things settled, and struggling with a weak connection on a cheap computer -.-

Regardless, I finished the backstory and am putting it up on the main thread. I hope you guys are still eager to play.

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen