Author Topic: Anything Chat  (Read 10007 times)

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Anything Chat
« on: July 29, 2009, 08:56:49 PM »
This is for us to just talk about whatever until I get more material up. Discuss our characters, what you had for lunch, whatever.
10+ yrs. of roleplay experience, yet I still dunno what the crap I'm doing >__<

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Naruto: Eyes of Fate - DM
Leras - Keness Orlen

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
Re: Anything Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:36:03 AM »
Chipotle. It's delicious.

Seriously though? Hmm, well, are we starting as Genin?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 06:58:55 AM »
Resident Evil (original, mind you), for some reason, has the capacity to scare the shit out of me at 1 in the morning.

I'd assume so, which I guess would be somewhere around lv 5 by comparison, maybe a bit higher. 10 or so might be chunin, probably 12, and 15-20 is about right for Jounin, yeah?

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 03:08:32 PM »
The plan is for you to start as Genin rank, yes. Characters of level 6 and above are elligible for the Chuunin Exam.

Sorry I haven't been on the past day or two, but I promise I'm still workin when I get the time. I'm gonna have a new thread up soon to discuss character creation in a little more focused manner. Once I get you all the rules in one neat little bundle we should be good :]

Also, Chipotle is gross, and RE1 is lame ;D haha.

1% of DM's started their first campaign in outer space. If you're one of the 99% that didn't, you're not as weird as me xD

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:51 PM »
Just to let you know, I'm abroad at the moment, so that's why I haven't been able to make any comments recently. On that mobility stuff... I have feats for that in my thread. OBEY THE THREAD. :p
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:12 PM »
Just to let you know, I'm abroad at the moment, so that's why I haven't been able to make any comments recently. On that mobility stuff... I have feats for that in my thread. OBEY THE THREAD. :p

Those feats are exactly what I was going to use to resolve the discussion, actually. :P

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »
So a lv 3 gentle fist adept has an effective BAB of +3, but his real BAB (for considering what level maneuvers he may get) is only +2, so he can chose only a first level maneuver instead of a second level maneuver, yes? I'm reading that right? In other words, class BAB only matters for maneuvers? And how does this pertain to feats? Can I get Superior Unarmed Strike at level three, or do i have to wait until my class' BAB is +3?

And do ALL characters, even non-psionic classes if they have the Wild Talent feat, gain the additional PP based on con?

And HP determination? I assume normal, max hp + con at 1st level and every level thereafter average roll + con.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 07:35:54 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »
So a lv 3 gentle fist adept has an effective BAB of +3, but his real BAB (for considering what level maneuvers he may get) is only +2, so he can chose only a first level maneuver instead of a second level maneuver, yes? I'm reading that right? In other words, class BAB only matters for maneuvers? And how does this pertain to feats? Can I get Superior Unarmed Strike at level three, or do i have to wait until my class' BAB is +3?

And do ALL characters, even non-psionic classes if they have the Wild Talent feat, gain the additional PP based on con?

And HP determination? I assume normal, max hp + con at 1st level and every level thereafter average roll + con.

First of all I want to point out that just because Prime has it as a suggested idea does not make it canon. Hes got some great ideas, but others I disagree with. No disrespect, though. But as DM for this game, I'm going to take what I like, change what I don't.

All bonus Chakra is based on CON. This is part of what makes it more like Naruto, and less like Psionics.

Initiator level is going to be equal to character level. Its simpler, and I don't think it's going to destroy the game. If a character takes a martial adept class and reaches a level where they would have more maneuvers or stances than the table on my creation thread, you simply choose the higher value. You worked for it afterall :]

I forgot to mention hp because Im going with the basic system, lol. I'll update the table in just a sec here.

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
Ah, my bad, very tired! Yay for the initiator level change!

Also, I assume that's you in the avi, Arcane?

ArcaneJazz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
lol yeah, i liked how the pic turned out enough to use it. -shrug-

still workin on stuff, got a plotline worked out sorta (very rough at the moment), and just tryin to make as much time as i can. work only gave me one day off this week  :fo <- for my manager.

My Games:
Leras - Keness Orlen

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »
Nearly finished version of my sheet is up. Need to figure out maneuver (decided to go more hunter-nin, less pack leader), level 3 feat, what to do with 2500 ryou, and how bad I may suck in any given situation.  :D

I believe it was determined that there really aren't much in the way of magical items? So no periapt of wisdoms to buy later on down the road?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 04:28:36 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:07 PM »
Any good resources for psionics to give me some build ideas? :p Maybe a puppeteer, though that's hard to do before lv6.

I'd like to point out the feat at the bottom of this page for CRAZY EYE POWARZ.

Hmm... If I can get my beastmaster pseudo-bloodline approved, I might combine that with Crystal Master.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:15:04 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 04:05:27 AM »
Still need a ruling on the LA +1 version of Half-Nymph:

Awesome Beauty (Will DC is 10 + (1/2 HD) + Cha mod, shaken for 1 minute, mind affecting)
Change Fey Bloodline to Fey Blood (Like Elven Blood, anything that affects the base creature and/or fey will affect them)
Lowlight Vision
+2 Dex; +2 Cha

Would Carmendine Monk apply to the Jyuuken Adept (a monk fix), and if so, how? Is Faerie Mysteries Initiate outlawed? Can Ascetic Rogue apply to Jyuuken Adept? How would it do so? (Chart text and description don't match up, although it would be nice to stack sneak attack according to chart text.) How would Superior Unarmed Strike interact with the Jyuuken Adept's precision damage (or rather, the fist damage)? Is it also fine for me to buy off the LA +1 this level (level 3), making me level 2 with no LA (according to the buy off rules)?

I'm currently looking at a starting build of: Rogue 1/Jyuuken Adept 1 (LA bought off), which could be a little funky (Dex, Con, and Int if I pull this off). I'm also tempted at Swordsage 1/Jyuuken Adept 1 (Dex, Con, Wis), although that second level of swordsage is just abuse. Alternatively I could go the route of Psionic Rogue 1/Jyuuken Adept 1.

Concept-wise, I'm going for someone who is the utility of the group (which is why I'm focused on the skill points and Int). HeShe would not be your typical Hyuuga - someone who doesn't rely on hisher byakugan as much as Shikamaru-like predictions. I also want to emphasize the usage of fear, somehow. And, of course, going the route of TWF.

Sheet coming soon.

EDIT: I might just play a female Hyuuga for kicks. Maybe to stay consistent to the flavor-based requirement that all Half-Nymphs be female, which is a little weird (even if it is understandable).

EDIT2: Are we doing fractional BAB/saves?

EDIT3: Oh hell. The Psychic Rogue has the most shittastic PP progression ever. Is it possible to have the same fix for the Psychic Rogue as the Psychic Warrior got (+2 PP per level)?

EDIT4: Jyuuken Adept seems to have something about Stunning Fist, but never grants it. Additionally, Jyuuken Adept seems to not alter the damage die of unarmed strikes directly - are they really 1d3 for medium creatures (PHB 139)?

EDIT5: Hyuuga Mari. Also, holy crap, I really need to do something about these edits. Sangehirn is also appearing to be a really hard PrC without going the route of pure caster. I can do it at level 9, but... :(... unless of course if Psychic Rogue casting is instead set like the Psychic Warrior's (aka, not screwed to hell and back).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 06:30:15 PM by Rufei »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 07:08:51 PM »
How would Superior Unarmed Strike interact with the Jyuuken Adept's precision damage (or rather, the fist damage)?
It'd make unarmed strikes do more base damage; yeah, hyuuga only increases precision damage. And yeah, stunning fist would be nice, though with the extra feats we get now....

And yes, I could use a sister; glad you're comin' aboard!

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 08:45:42 PM »
It'd make unarmed strikes do more base damage; yeah, hyuuga only increases precision damage. And yeah, stunning fist would be nice, though with the extra feats we get now....

And yes, I could use a sister; glad you're comin' aboard!

I just feel that we should be capable of more than what we're given. Don't get me wrong - it's nice to have this feat progression, but I'm still woefully short of feats. If I want to throw stuff around, I'll need (makes it possible in the first place): Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

And the following are real nice to have (increase viability to tolerable): Far Shot, Rapid Shot, Psionic Shot, Two Weapon Fighting, Quick Draw

As a Hyuuga that is shit at being a Hyuuga (aka, low Wis), I'd also need (makes it possible in the first place): Carmendine Monk (or Kungfu Genius), Improved Unarmed Strike

And the following are real nice to have (increase viability to tolerable): Weapon Finesse, Stunning Fist

And this doesn't go into the amount of feats required to be more than just a very suboptimal caster. I think this is just due to the level that we're starting at (especially Mari, since I bought off my LA), but I find it hard to believe that level 6 is chuunin material at this rate, not without gestalt.

Anyways. If you want to tolerate a sister like Mari, go right ahead. :P

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »
I'm not as much of a prat as Neiji, no worries, heheh. And I'm not sure 6 was what chunin were supposed to be... I think we're starting off as low-genin and working our way up.

And don't worry about ranged, dude; people only ever get hit with shuriken once in a blue moon in the series, manga or anime, and even Ten-Ten, ranged mistress extraordinaire gets her ass kicked with Temari's lowest level jutsu. Focus on Casting, with melee secondary, you'll do fine. Go Carmendine Monk (should work, and hyuuga get improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat already) with an int based manifester, keep con and int high so you're our caster/knowledge fiend (very studious looking charrie, no?), and you should do just fine.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 08:59:40 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
I might do that, possibly with the Lurk. Or, I could try the Ardent or Erudite and pick up Tashalatora. Not quite sure how that would work.

I think I know how to approach this. I do wish that I could get more skills, though. I also wish that the Ardent could be Int-based instead of Wis-based, since that's exactly what I'm going for (minus the skills).

EDIT: Practised Manifester. Could I, as an Ardent, take 1 level, take something else for 4 levels, then come back to Ardent with Practised Manifester and take a 3rd level power (Manifester level 5)?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:59:25 PM by Rufei »

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »
EDIT: Practised Manifester. Could I, as an Ardent, take 1 level, take something else for 4 levels, then come back to Ardent with Practised Manifester and take a 3rd level power (Manifester level 5)?

I guess so...

Rufei

• Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »
Hmm... *pokes thread*...

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 04:26:18 AM »
AJ, have you gotten an chance to read through the blood line, feats, and class I sent you?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.